Edmonton @ Montreal

Mr Dee

13 minutes ago, Mark F said:

muamba whiffed on that gable run from the five. glad we did not get him.

Obviously football is a team sport... but Muamba has managed to be on some pretty bad teams in the CFL:

2011 - Winnipeg - 10 - 8
2012 - Winnipeg - 6 - 12
2013 - Winnipeg - 3 - 15
2015 - Montreal - 6-12
2016 - Saskatchewan - 5 - 13
2017 - Saskatchewan - 10 - 8
2018 - Montreal - currently 1 - 5

Makes me wonder how much of a leader he is, and how he would respond to playoff or clutch situations.

Muamba was ok, but not worth the money, the Esks were not as overpowering as they ought to have been, and Adams was very good all things considered. I wondered how good he would look behind the Bomber O=line , but it occurred to me that he would be unlikely to supplant Streveler. Chris Jones really messed up by letting Adams go.

30 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Obviously football is a team sport... but Muamba has managed to be on some pretty bad teams in the CFL:

2011 - Winnipeg - 10 - 8
2012 - Winnipeg - 6 - 12
2013 - Winnipeg - 3 - 15
2015 - Montreal - 6-12
2016 - Saskatchewan - 5 - 13
2017 - Saskatchewan - 10 - 8
2018 - Montreal - currently 1 - 5

Makes me wonder how much of a leader he is, and how he would respond to playoff or clutch situations.

The only reason he’s a difference maker is because he’s Canadian, but he’s not in the discussion for best LB’s in the league.  Ackie might be more of a difference maker for the Als.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Muamba was ok, but not worth the money, the Esks were not as overpowering as they ought to have been, and Adams was very good all things considered. I wondered how good he would look behind the Bomber O=line , but it occurred to me that he would be unlikely to supplant Streveler. Chris Jones really messed up by letting Adams go.

My problem with Adams is he only seems comfortable when he runs a rollout and finds something downfield.  He doesn't seem to have the quick release factor that Nichols and Streveler have, and it seems he's not too comfortable firing the hard slant passes against the blitz.  Although maybe Khari/Sherman are to blame for that in part for using Bellefeuilles play book.  Who knows.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

The Als oline is very bad tho. 

Yeah but the Esks were bringing extra men on those blitzes.  Should've meant open windows or been something that if the Als offense had safety valves for could've been counteracted.  There's a reason teams are hesitant to bring those kind of blitzes against Lapolice, and it's why his haters should shutup once and for all.

1 hour ago, USABomberfan said:

Yeah but the Esks were bringing extra men on those blitzes.  Should've meant open windows or been something that if the Als offense had safety valves for could've been counteracted.  There's a reason teams are hesitant to bring those kind of blitzes against Lapolice, and it's why his haters should shutup once and for all.

End of the day there are three things you absolutely cannot do without in the CFL: QB, kicker and a good offensive line. Any of those pieces at all shaky, and it will cause you to lose some games. As much as the Bombers outplayed Toronto last week, if Pfeffer hits those two FGs in the first half, the score is a one possession game (25-17).

9 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

My problem with Adams is he only seems comfortable when he runs a rollout and finds something downfield.  He doesn't seem to have the quick release factor that Nichols and Streveler have, and it seems he's not too comfortable firing the hard slant passes against the blitz.  Although maybe Khari/Sherman are to blame for that in part for using Bellefeuilles play book.  Who knows.

Adams is so short as well, I doubt he can really see the guys coming in on those quick slants or ins over the middle as well.

He was way too quick to try and leave the pocket. You can't attempt to roll out when the Esks are blitzing seven guys.

adams had about one second before someone was on him on many plays.

the O line was absolutely awful, and I didn't see the plays being called, or receivers helping much either

when he had time, he made some really nice passes, like the long pass that should have been a touchdown. went through the receivers hands in stride at the five. can't do any better than that.

probably a forty yards or more pass right to the receiver.

Edited by Mark F