Around The NHL 2018/2019

53 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Lance Hornby

On Petan, who Dubas says will be a Leaf not a Marlie: "The opportunity for him just hasn't worked out in Winnipeg. Par was a UFA coming up, Petan has team control left on him." Thinks Leaf development staff can make him better.

Put him on the Marner/Tavares line and suddenly he will look like a super-star.

On 2019-02-20 at 8:39 AM, iHeart said:

I had a dream last night that the Jets traded three players in a deal with the panthers

thing is, I didn't recognize the names of the players next to the jets logo (it was probably the players we got from the panthers) but no player names next...actually come to think of it the panthers logo was nowhere to be found...it could have been a player to be named later deal or something

well my subconscious was definitely telling me something, we did get someone from Florida

11 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I'm not sure if speed's the issue. If he couldn't crack the Jets' top 6, he won't crack the Leafs', either. I love how much adulation he's already getting from the blue foliage fanboys, though.

They see it as a solid signing. Trying to warn them but they won't listen. Leaf fans are the worst. Well, Rider fans are the worst but Leaf fans really try to challenge them for the honour. 

Also saw some PoMo haters saying that Petan never got a chance here because PoMo hated him. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

They see it as a solid signing. Trying to warn them but they won't listen. Leaf fans are the worst. Well, Rider fans are the worst but Leaf fans really try to challenge them for the honour. 

Also saw some PoMo haters saying that Petan never got a chance here because PoMo hated him. 

Without question. They're worse than greenies (IMO) because their numbers are much higher. They are perhaps the most insufferable fans in sports.

And really, where would Maurice have slotted in Petan? He was given plenty of chances to succeed in the NHL and didn't take advantage of those opportunities.

Leafs fans are such idiots.

19 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Vegas better win because they're going to up in cap hell with an aging MAF for three more years.  With a $9m Stone deal, they'd at $81 million cap next year and still need to sign Karlsson.  Cap goes up, gives them some room.  But they'll have to part with a couple of guys or bad contracts.

That's totally true. I thought they had more space but forgot that MaxPac's contract gets much bigger next year and so does MAFs. 

They can't fit Karlsson in. They're up against the cap with little relief in sight. The good thing for the Knights is that they have all their 1st round picks and some good kids developing, so they should be okay. 

12 minutes ago, JCon said:

That's totally true. I thought they had more space but forgot that MaxPac's contract gets much bigger next year and so does MAFs. 

They can't fit Karlsson in. They're up against the cap with little relief in sight. The good thing for the Knights is that they have all their 1st round picks and some good kids developing, so they should be okay. 

Lets hope not. I'm really beginning to dislike the Knights, almost catching up to my dislike of the Leafs.

56 minutes ago, JCon said:

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/goldenknights

McPhee has some serious work ahead of him this off-season.

Edited by blue_gold_84