Around The NHL 2018/2019

Just now, Brandon said:

Hendricks is a nice add,   maybe they need him to kick some ass in the locker room.   

I assume that he will be in the press box though for the most part.

My impression exactly.  I think they felt they were missing his leadership. Not sure what that says about current leadership but whatever 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I hope the pay on Hendricks is simply taking over his salary for the rest of the season. But, a guy the team likes. I guess Appleton back to Moose until he's needed to actually play? 

$700,000 this year.  Unsigned next year.  Gave up a 7th and his cost is minimal.  Good deal for someone they value in the room.

Just now, BomberBall said:

How so?  We gave up more than a bag of pucks, so....  I really can't see how this is a needed move.  What the hell does he offer us?  Wasn't he benched throughout the playoffs last year?  I no he's a popular guy in the room, but seriously, what else?

There were reports they hated to lose him.  Felt his leadership was significant.  they gave up virtually nothing.  If he's a good cheerleader, if he takes some pressure off Wheeler etc, then its an easy deal. 

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Hendricks is a nice add,   maybe they need him to kick some ass in the locker room.   

I assume that he will be in the press box though for the most part.

definitely some issues in the locker room.  If Hendricks is the tonic to get things back to the 2017-2018 intensity levels then he should be considered down the road as a coach.  If he can Reggie Dunlop this team back to last year then he is worth a lot.

1 minute ago, BomberBall said:

How so?  We gave up more than a bag of pucks, so....  I really can't see how this is a needed move.  What the hell does he offer us?  Wasn't he benched throughout the playoffs last year?  I no he's a popular guy in the room, but seriously, what else?

I'd argue a 7th round pick is worth less than a bag of pucks. 

And for a team with *some questions about the state of the locker room... can't be a bad move.

Just now, Jimmy Pop said:

I'd argue a 7th round pick is worth less than a bag of pucks. 

And for a team with *some questions about the state of the locker room... can't be a bad move.

Yeah, whoever they're looking at late in the 7th round is probably there to sign as a FA anyways. 

2 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

We have a young locker room he seems to be playing way below the level that they should,  his veteran presence may kick some guys in the ass enough for them to take a step up.   Well worth the price IMO. 

3 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

A 7th rounder is nothing for a solid glue guy and someone who can take Lemieux's spot on the 4th line.

24 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Vegas better win because they're going to up in cap hell with an aging MAF for three more years.  With a $9m Stone deal, they'd at $81 million cap next year and still need to sign Karlsson.  Cap goes up, gives them some room.  But they'll have to part with a couple of guys or bad contracts.

MAF is one of the quickest if not the quickest goalie in the league now. Not worried about him aging.

5 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I remember he went to the bench at an inopportune time in NSH last year that cost us a goal.

On the positive, Laine no longer the slowest forward.