Around The NHL 2018/2019

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

A 7th rounder is nothing for a solid glue guy and someone who can take Lemieux's spot on the 4th line.

I'm not really upset about trading a 7th for him, but I would be very P.O.'d if they actually play him.

I can handle the, 'good locker room guy' angle, but there's no way he should see the ice in an actual game.

Par Lindholm

6'0.  183 lbs

27 years old.  Sweden.  Left Handed Centre.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/person-interest-maple-leafs-signing-par-lindholm/

Lindholm was part of one of the top lines in Sweden’s best league this season

Positioned between Joakim Lindstrom and Oscar Moller, Lindholm’s trio was one of the Swedish League’s top lines, dubbed the “Olympic Line” as they were kept together during the Pyeongchang Games. In Sweden, Lindholm scored 47 points in 49 games to finish fourth in league scoring — Lindstrom was third and Moller ninth.

The Olympics were less successful for Lindholm, as he was held to a single point in four games. Sweden was upset by Germany before the medal round.

According to Swedish reporter Uffe Bodin, 20 of the NHL’s 31 teams expressed interest in Lindholm’s services.

“He is a centre who could lead a fourth line in the NHL, but also contribute on special teams. Par can be used in any situation,” agent Peter Wallen said, per eliteprospects.com.

As an undrafted 26-year-old, Lindholm is no doubt a later-bloomer and it’s not yet clear if he is an NHLer. But, especially in the past three years, he’s taken huge steps in his growth as a productive player.

Lindholm played three seasons in the Allsvenskan, Sweden’s second-highest pro league. In the first two, he totaled 28 points in 102 games, then broke out in 2013-14 with 42 in 52 games. In 2014-15 he moved into the SHL with Skelleftea and continued to grow, starting with 26 points in 54 games and growing into a near point-per-game player.

7 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Image result for who? gif

By Craig Custance    Friday Feb.22

Interest in Mike Hoffman has picked up as teams look for alternatives because of the high prices elsewhere. An NHL source confirmed colleague Pierre LeBrun’s report on Thursday that Hoffman has been asked to submit his 10-team no-trade list. In terms of rentals, I’d expect Derick Brassard to be moved and the lack of defensemen on the market could help create demand for Bogdan Kiselevich. The Jets could use another defenseman and were aggressive in their pursuit of Kiselevich as a free agent.

18 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

"He( Par Lindholm ) is a center who could lead a 4th line in the NHL, but also contribute on special teams. Pär can be used in any situation, Peter Wallén (agent) 2018

Talk about an honest agent. "Could lead a 4th line..."

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg