Around The NHL 2018/2019

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Good for Vegas.... but do they get thru CGY or SJS even with Stone?  Unlikely.  

Solid long term play though.... is Stone your defacto 'face of the franchise' now?? 

The chatter was Vegas didnt want Stone as a rental so I assume they'd try hard to re-sign him.  A lot worse places to play than Vegas and we all know Winnipeggers love Sin City!

Just now, Brandon said:

Just because he is traded to Vegas does not mean he will sign long term with them.   

I don't see the Jets making the move in the off season because we just don't have the money.    

It's already being reported as happening sooner than later.

Still (again) the return feels light for OTT?

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Good for Vegas.... but do they get thru CGY or SJS even with Stone?  Unlikely.  

Solid long term play though.... is Stone your defacto 'face of the franchise' now?? 

Man back in the day, a 2nd year expansion team would call a 20 win season a huge victory. Whole new world.

I assume Seattle wants a cup in 2022.  

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

It's already being reported as happening sooner than later.

Still (again) the return feels light for OTT?

Brannstrom was 15th overall in 2017 so there's the first rounder.

Jets probably could have competed with that package but I suspect Sens wanted Roslo or bust and the Jets wouldnt do it.

EDIT: As good as Brannstrom is, I wonder if Sens holding out did hurt them in the end with Jets and Flames dropping out.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

The team sure needs help on the defensive side of the game.  I read somewhere (maybe on here?) that the team has given up 3 goals or more in almost each game for the last 25 games they played. 

But we have not give up 40 shots the last couple games. So there is that

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I’m not sure that is relevant to him signing here. lol but I guess Keith might say good things about the City

I have a tough time to say good things about Winnipeg.

46 minutes ago, Brandon said:

We lose Lemieux,  we replace him with Vesa ....  I think we will survive. 

CJ Suess

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg