Game Day Thread- Week Three: Winnipeg @ Hamilton June 29, 2018

Just now, NorthernSkunk said:

Why are the Hamilton receivers so wide open all game ?......I don't know if I seen one defensive knockdown of a pass for the Bombers tonight...

Staple of the Hall defense...  it is painful to watch.     I do miss the aggressiveness of the Nelson defense we had way back when....

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Staple of the Hall defense...  it is painful to watch.     I do miss the aggressiveness of the Nelson defense we had way back when....

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Its the Richie Hall Bend But Dont Break garbage soft zone that breaks more than it bends

I am stunned that after the first half of it they don't try something a bit different .....

20 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

is Streveler's arm broken? Why do they refuse to pass?

Lapolice has at times gone a bit too conservative when dealing with young QBs.  He hasn't had his best masterpiece tonight.

But still... Our defensive problems are all Richie Hall's fault.  If it takes Wade Miller and the Bomber BOD to order his firing at the end of the season ... Then so be it.

Just now, NorthernSkunk said:

I am stunned that after the first half of it they don't try something a bit different .....

They never seem to make half time adjustments. Its truly mind boggling. I cant imagine Kyle Walters is ok with this garbage D year after year. I sure hope MOS isnt either.

Just now, USABomberfan said:

Lapolice has at times gone a bit too conservative when dealing with young QBs.  He hasn't had his best masterpiece tonight.

But still... Our defensive problems are all Richie Hall's fault.  If it takes Wade Miller and the Bomber BOD to order his firing at the end of the season ... Then so be it.

If this continues i sure hope its before that.

11 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

If this continues i sure hope its before that.

Well, knowing the way we're run now and the lack of current options able to step in and fix it, I'm afraid it won't be till the end.

But there is absolutely no more excuses for Hall.  None whatsoever.

I can forgive Lapolice when we have a rookie QB who was also victimized by OLmen committing drive killing penalties and WRs dropping balls.  But when you got a DC whose been given 4 years with several different player switches and nothing gets fixed on defense, that's a fireable offense if I ever saw one.

Just now, sweep the leg said:

Bowman sure wrapped himself in glory on that last series. He quit on the play where Streveler threw it to him.

It was pretty brutal PI.  Unamba literally just wrapped him up.  Unless you mean the one early in the drive that was a touch behind him that he didn't even make an attempt on.

Feel like the refs wanted to get back into AC on that last Bomber drive, two brutal PI's uncalled 1st and 2nd down plus the whole clock issue on Bowman's "offside" when the ref didn't whistle play in and 7 seconds ran off.  We were going to lose anyway but this is a professional game.

48 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Matt Nichols get well soon

Makes no difference this game. The D got shredded. How is this on our QB? The D let Ham march at will 6 series in a row pretty much.. Same damn thing with no adjustments the whole damn game. The D gave up 15 yards on a 2nd and 12 run. The D sucks.. Nichols makes no difference tonight.

What might have is if they let Streveler run the ball more earlier since he seems to get quite fired up when he does. Our D sucked tho. Badly. 

Edited by Goalie

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Makes no difference this game. The D got shredded. How is this on our QB? The D let Ham march at will 6 series in a row pretty much.. Same damn thing with no adjustments the whole damn game. The D gave up 15 yards on a 2nd and 12 run. The D sucks.. Nichols makes no difference tonight.

What might have is if they let Streveler run the ball more earlier since he seems to get quite fired up when he does. Our D sucked tho. Badly. 

You're telling me Nichols would have had the same brutal ultra conservative game plan and his 7 years in the league compared to 6 weeks would not have made a difference? Dont be dim.

One first down in the 3rd quarter isn’t the defences fault. #16 bites and gets beat like a drum....Hall’s fault?, #16 ducks his head and closes his eyes and gets hurdled over...Hall’s fault.....the corner bites and gets lit up....Hall’s fault?   Hamilton plays max pro and the stats says he has a 129 efficiency rating.  Hamilton looks pretty good....Teams have had a chance to see the rookie QB and watch tape on him so they are starting to know him. It’s a complicated game and a long season.

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

You're telling me Nichols would have had the same brutal ultra conservative game plan and his 7 years in the league compared to 6 weeks would not have made a difference? Dont be dim.

The only phase that didn't stink tonight was special teams.  Everyone's on the D, and they weren't great, but the TOP disadvantage is a 2 way street.  That's a long stretch of a game, over a quarter, where the Bombers did not gain a single first down.  That's nearly 3 consecutive quarters of play after the first two drives in the 1st where the Bombers didn't throw a pass longer than 8 yards.