2018 CFL Draft

Rich

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I wasn't negative about the first receiver. I became negative about 2 with the top 2 picks.

Imagine having a different opinion than the Bombers and then having to watch the cheerleaders around here complain about it. We've now got 8 NI receivers, only 2 of which have even a little bit of CFL experience. Well 3 if you include Wolo's catch. LOL

I have a legitimate question... it seems you don't like the picks based on principle... the thought seems to be if we're starting 2 cdn at receiver, it's a good idea to have some depth... on top of that, they likely had Petermann at the top of the board by that pick... what's the negative? Should they be looking to fill other needs?... do you think a lb or DB would've been a better pick? Or was there someone at 26 you would've preferred they pick?...

Asking for real, not looking for a fight?

12 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I wasn't negative about the first receiver. I became negative about 2 with the top 2 picks.

Imagine having a different opinion than the Bombers and then having to watch the cheerleaders around here complain about it. We've now got 8 NI receivers, only 2 of which have even a little bit of CFL experience. Well 3 if you include Wolo's catch. LOL

I noticed you (as usual) avoided the question about what you would’ve preferred they do.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I noticed you (as usual) avoided the question about what you would’ve preferred they do.

I ignore that question because it's simply a chance to change the argument from drafting 2 receivers with our first 2 picks to why this or that guy isn't as good as our choices. You think we have room for 2 or 3 more NI receivers this year?

8 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I have a legitimate question... it seems you don't like the picks based on principle... the thought seems to be if we're starting 2 cdn at receiver, it's a good idea to have some depth... on top of that, they likely had Petermann at the top of the board by that pick... what's the negative? Should they be looking to fill other needs?... do you think a lb or DB would've been a better pick? Or was there someone at 26 you would've preferred they pick?...

Asking for real, not looking for a fight?

You're right. I don't like it on principle. I don't see where we have the room for 2 or 3 or 4 new NI receivers. Demski and Coates are the pencilled in starters. Woli's got the inside track as the first backup. That leaves one more NI receiver spot for our new NI receivers who are in competition with the guys we already have. If we keep them all, our PR will be full of receivers. Add in that fact that we haven't had any success in drafting receivers at least since Walters came to Winnipeg, and I don't see this ending well. Maybe we want them to fight it out among themselves so we don't have to pay all of this year draft picks for very long. ;)

14 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I ignore that question because it's simply a chance to change the argument from drafting 2 receivers with our first 2 picks to why this or that guy isn't as good as our choices. You think we have room for 2 or 3 more NI receivers this year?

Well our management drafted them so I’d say the answer is yes.