Grey Cup: Calgary vs Toronto

JCon

2 hours ago, TheSource said:

Goes to show you how quickly a team can turn it around if they know what they are doing and have an appropriate level of financial commitment from the organization. Same can be said about Saskatchewan, although they did fall a bit short.

And Bombers show what happens when you don't have people who know what they are doing  and do not have the financial will to be great from the organization. Now, to be fair, Bombers are not terrible anymore, but they are still not top tier. Would love it if Bombers, like Toronto,  became serious about winning a GC as the main priority, but not sure if they will ever be able to do that in the new reality of the CFL.

The biggest difference from my point of view is that the Argos were wise enough to hire experienced coach and GM and who had been successful in the past. I would put Nichols against Ricky Ray any day of the week, but this year and last we paid for the learning curve of our coach and GM, and they may still not be up to the grade of Toronto's staff. 

1 minute ago, tracker said:

The biggest difference from my point of view is that the Argos were wise enough to hire experienced coach and GM and who had been successful in the past. I would put Nichols against Ricky Ray any day of the week, but this year and last we paid for the learning curve of our coach and GM, and they may still not be up to the grade of Toronto's staff. 

Lol. Always gotta find a way to throw shade at the coaches eh? Even when we aren't in the game. Your rider pride is showing again. 

1 minute ago, tracker said:

Popp and Trestman have the contacts down south to find new studs, we need a connection like that if we are going to recruit better players.

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

They have lost 4 of their last 5. They havent been good in over a month.

Just now, Goalie said:

Fortunate? They made the plays they needed. Argos were better today. 2 big turnovers cost Calgary

I would say they are fortunate yes. Easiest road to the Grey Cup and then Calgary fumbles away a sure victory. Wish we could have it that easy.

5 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I would say they are fortunate yes. Easiest road to the Grey Cup and then Calgary fumbles away a sure victory. Wish we could have it that easy.

Calgary just had to win 1 game also. Why is the Argos road to the cup easier? Cuz they beat a team better than them in the finals and a team better than them in the cup.. Record wise. Toronto beat 2 teams with better records than them to win. Full props to the Argos. 

Edited by Goalie

50 minutes ago, J5V said:

And in one year Toronto goes from nothing to Grey Cup champions. One year.

This might just be what they need to push their season ticket total above 10000 :P

45 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

If the Bombers lost a Grey Cup in the same fashion as Calgary did today, I would be insufferable for a decade.

That field goal attempt in B.C. last year is about the same level of cockyness.

17 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Calgary just had to win 1 game also. Why is the Argos road to the cup easier? Cuz they beat a team better than them in the finals and a team better than them in the cup.. Record wise. Toronto beat 2 teams with better records than them to win. Full props to the Argos. 

If you believe Edmonton = Saskatchewan then yeah I guess their roads were the same lol. 

I'm not really talking about Calgary though. Clearly they are some of the best chokers of all time. I'm comparing the Argos road with the likes of Winnipeg or Edmonton. And how if the tables were turned (Toronto going through the west) it would have been a different story