Grey Cup: Calgary vs Toronto

JCon

Just now, MOBomberFan said:

I agree, totally. In the same way I agree you gotta put two hands the ball at a time like that.

Funny thing... they both made really dumb moves, but I'd bet Jorden will get a chance to redeem himself before McDaniel ever finds himself in another Grey Cup game.

and I agree, dumb football plays cost them the game by far but those are comments that should be reserved for locker room, team meetings or if you don't want to get into a verbal or physical confrontation, DM on twitter or FB..   you cannot say something that absolutely slags a team mate in the media.. or at least if I was a coach or GM anyway.  Nothing breeds cancer in a locker room like insulting your comrades via the media. 

5 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

That Kamar Jorden fumble was final payback for the 1971 Leon McQuay fumble.  Old-timers here will get the reference.

Poor Leo Cahill.

6 hours ago, Atomic said:

Even with the Jorden fumble... the ridiculous call to throw to the endzone instead of kick the field goal, and the subsequent garbage throw are far worse.  But it's easier to call out the young kid than the QB and coach and that's what makes it extra shitty.

Without the fumble and TD return there would be no reason to throw deep to the E.Z. into double coverage, Mitchell could have just knelt instead.

10 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Without the fumble and TD return there would be no reason to throw deep to the E.Z. into double coverage, Mitchell could have just knelt instead.

Without the defence allowing a 100 yard bomb to Posey, you could say the same.  Why do they get off the hook?

The point is that Jorden didn't cost them the game.  They lost as a team and still had the opportunity to tie it or win even after the fumble.  To put the loss on him alone (as McDaniel did) is garbage.

On 11/25/2017 at 6:05 PM, Eternal optimist said:

I think this statement speaks more of the garbage coaches between O'Shea / Ritchie as opposed to complimenting O'Shea...

Well, that's what I was essentially going for. After O'Shea, who's next, Doug Berry?

But I was also trying to point out that a seasoned coach doesn't become seasoned without experience, and failure is usually a part of that recipe.