Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

23 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Oh probably..

wonder whats the deal with Gaydosh anyway.  he was highly touted.. NFL shot.. then came back and hasn't been a fixture anywhere..  health?  not committed enough?   very odd how hes bounced around.

Gaydosh has had injury issues for awhile, he was damaged goods when the Riders traded for him.

8 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

The person whom twitter was apparently named after, has responded to the League's latest decision. It looks like he believes holding is what is holding him back, and it will get worse. 

Ah, no Duron, there will still be refs out there..

whats even better about this tweet, is posters over at RF are saying Dickenson and Bo are gonna have hissy fits over this change,  yet here is their hero of the day chiming in

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

1 hour ago, Blueandgold said:

I thought Bailey was half decent? I'm surprised we didn't give him a crack. 

Hard to say.  I'm not sure how much opportunity he really got in Edmonton but you'd think being a first-round pick he'd be given every chance to succeed.  Instead, from 2014-2016 he never cracked 220 yards in a season ending with only 83 yards in 2016.

Duron Carter is so right... all the rules changes in the CFL are completely catered to defense... they are making every attempt to favour the defense b/c they know the fans love a 7-3 (that's 3 FGs and a rouge, BTW) game... when will someone make a rule that favours offense!!... 

**sarcasm font required** 

2 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Ha! That's rich coming drom Duron. You sneeze on a reciever and it gets called PI not to mention they rarely if ever call offensive PI even though the receivers are instigating contact on the defender nearly as frequently as the defensive player. 

Considering his catch was offensive PI and wasn't called..

Carter needs to STFU 

All the talent in the world but... A peanut for a brain. 

17 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Gaydosh has had injury issues for awhile, he was damaged goods when the Riders traded for him.

Ultimately, this is actually really disappointing... he was a 1st (2nd??) overall pick that never materialized b/c of injuries, not poor play... 

Speaking of first round D-linemen... what ever happened to Bison Alum Evan Gill?? He's listed on Hammy's 6-game and according to their website, he played in 4 games last year... has he really just been injured for the past 3.5 years?

17 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Ha! That's rich coming drom Duron. You sneeze on a reciever and it gets called PI not to mention they rarely if ever call offensive PI even though the receivers are instigating contact on the defender nearly as frequently as the defensive player. 

Eeewww.

Week 6 fines announced.  One for Ackie and one for Logan for flapping his gums about the play on social media.  Oh yea, one for Westerman for his classic eye-poke.

Four players fined following Week 6

Thursday, August 3, 2017 — TORONTO (August 3, 2017) -- The Canadian Football League (CFL) announced today:

Montreal Alouettes defensive back Chris Ackie was fined for a high hit on Winnipeg Blue Bombers quarterback Matt Nichols.

Montreal Alouettes running back Stefan Logan was fined for comments that were critical of officiating following last week’s game against Winnipeg.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers defensive end Jamaal Westerman was fined for unnecessary roughness on Montreal Alouettes offensive lineman Luc Brodeur-Jourdain.

BC Lions offensive lineman Kelvin Palmer was fined for an unnecessary hit to a vulnerable player (Odell Willis) in the game against the Edmonton Eskimos.

As per league policy, the amount of the player fines was not disclosed.

https://press.cfl.ca/player-discipline-week-6-119018#

On 8/2/2017 at 1:21 PM, rebusrankin said:

So Hamilton hires June Jones. Fun Fact: Reinbold coached under Jones at Hawaii and SMU. Thus crazy theory of the day: They hired Jones as a precursor to firing Austin. Reinbold becomes Head Coach with June Jones as his OC.

Yes that is a crazy theory. Based on his body of work, I can't see any situation where Reinbold would be elevated to head coach.

13 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Week 6 fines announced.  One for Ackie and one for Logan for flapping his gums about the play on social media.  Oh yea, one for Westerman for his classic eye-poke.

Thursday, August 3, 2017 — TORONTO (August 3, 2017) -- The Canadian Football League (CFL) announced today:

Montreal Alouettes defensive back Chris Ackie was fined for a high hit on Winnipeg Blue Bombers quarterback Matt Nichols.

Montreal Alouettes running back Stefan Logan was fined for comments that were critical of officiating following last week’s game against Winnipeg.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers defensive end Jamaal Westerman was fined for unnecessary roughness on Montreal Alouettes offensive lineman Luc Brodeur-Jourdain.

BC Lions offensive lineman Kelvin Palmer was fined for an unnecessary hit to a vulnerable player (Odell Willis) in the game against the Edmonton Eskimos.

As per league policy, the amount of the player fines was not disclosed.

https://press.cfl.ca/player-discipline-week-6-119018#

I was pretty sure John Bowman was poked in the eye by someone too. I saw him walking off the field yelling and it looked like he got eye poked.

14 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

For those who were adamant there was nothing wrong with the Ackie hit (analysts and such)... I wonder if any will recant....

13 minutes ago, bearpants said:

For those who were adamant there was nothing wrong with the Ackie hit (analysts and such)... I wonder if any will recant....

That hit reminded me of something Kuale would do (minus the speed and athleticism):)