Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

27 minutes ago, Atomic said:

You don't think that predicting he will make a behind-the-back TD is boastful?

Why can't he make a better play than that?  If he can back it up, it aint boasting right?

Anyway, if it's boastful so what? I mean really is that such a big deal in this world? Boasting?

If being boastful is the worst thing you can say about Duron, he must be a pretty good guy.

I say this for Duron. I haven't heard him say anything about other teams, other players. He hasn't slammed Montreal, he hasn't said anything about any other players that I've heard. he doesn't get into twitter arguments with other players, such as we've seen from other players.

anyway I'm glad he's in the league, the catch he made was seen all over North America, drawing attention to the CFL.

I guess his talking just doesn't bother me. Who cares, what difference does it make?

I don't see the guy quitting on the field, I don't see him being afraid of contact, I see him making tough catches in traffic. I like watching

him play.

That's what matters.

Edited by Mark F

3 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Why can't he make a better play than that?  If he can back it up, it aint boasting right?

Anyway, if it's boastful so what? I mean really is that such a big deal in this world? If that's the worst thing you can say about Duron, he must be a pretty good guy.

I say this for Duron. I haven't heard him say anything about other teams, other players. He hasn't slammed Montreal, he hasn't said anything about any other players that I've heard. he doesn't get into twitter arguments with other players, such as we've seen from other players.

anyway I'm glad he's in the league, the catch he made was seen all over North America, drawing attention to the CFL.

I guess his talking just doesn't bother me. Who cares, what difference does it make?

I don't see the guy quitting on the field, I don't see him being afraid of contact, I see him making tough catches in traffic. I like watching

him play.

That's what matters.

And if he goes for a behind-the-back TD and drops it?

Making a statement like that is for lack of better description just selfish and all about him...not the team.

Trying to do something stupid like that for the sake of boosting how people view you and risking not making a score or a positive play for your team is pretty sad....more so pathetic

When I played and guys were off on their own tangents caring more about themselves and stats/accomplishments they would be pulled aside and in house disciplined by teamates, if not benched by the coach.

And yeah he does quit, sulk and act like a spoiled kid when things don't go his way, or "he" feels he isn't being the focus of the offence...it has been seen in his history, and he has caused issues before, and I highly doubt he has grown up yet. Just watch his demeanor on the sidelines and when moping around the bench this year and last when things aren't going good, compared to his one moment in the sun this year so far..night and day.....he's not a good teamate regardless of what he can bring to the filed and it has been publically stated may times...Pretty sad when even a JUCO player calls him out for being trash and worst teamate ever

15 minutes ago, Mark F said:

him play.

That's what matters.

I take it you've only watched his one great game this season, then. His other four games ranged from good (week 2, 3) to garbage (week 1, 5). That's his track record in the CFL: string together a good game or two and then disappear for a bunch.

That's basically quitting on the field personified.

I don't see the relationship between what Duron Carter said, and the the 'twisting' of what he said into sensationalism. It was Rider mega fan Rod Pedersen who used those exact words. He is their media. And how is it what he said not 'sensational'? 

For Carter to even bring up that boast reeks of immaturity. It's simply not professional.

No, Carter brings whatever heat that comes his way onto himself. Trouble is, he can't always handle it...

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

Anyway, if it's boastful so what? I mean really is that such a big deal in this world? Boasting?

If being boastful is the worst thing you can say about Duron, he must be a pretty good guy.

him play.

That's what matters.

I believe Tony Stark put a "training wheels" protocol on Duron's twitter to limit what he can and can't do until he shows some maturity for longer then 1 game

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

I don't see the relationship between what Duron Carter said, and the the 'twisting' of what he said into sensationalism. It was Rider mega fan Rod Pedersen who used those exact words. He is their media. And how is it what he said not 'sensational'? 

For Carter to even bring up that boast reeks of immaturity. It's simply not professional.

No, Carter brings whatever heat that comes his way onto himself. Trouble is, he can't always handle it...

Specifically when he disappears in games, which is more often than not.

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

SIGNED:
•Nat'l WR, Devon Bailey

ADD TO PRACTICE ROSTER:
•Int'l DL, Antonio Longino

RELEASED:
•Nat'l DL, Linden Gaydosh

Saskatchewan.... where first-round busts go to finish their careers...

46 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Welp, he *may* be familiar with the CFL seeing as he was an Argo's QB back in 1982,  he has a pretty long coaching resume though. Looking at it however,  seems as though he's going to wrong direction (NFL to NCAA to HS). Will be interesting to see what control he actually gets with Austin still as the main HC

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

June Jones seems like a bit of a reach. At 64 he is no spring chicken to be a long term solution, hasn't played in the CFL for 35 years (never coached), I'm interested in hearing the reasoning behind it.

By comparison to other coaches in the league;

Wally Buono: 67 yrs old

Marc Trestman: 61 yrs old

Jacques Chapdelaine: 55 yrs old

Kent Austin: 54 yrs old

Chris Jones: 50 yrs old

Mike Oshea: 46 yrs old

Rick Campbell 46 yrs old

Dave Dickenson: 44 yrs old

Jason Maas: 41 yrs old

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

but wasn't there a rider fan here earlier in the year explaining that Gaydosh was good NI depth?

Oh probably..

wonder whats the deal with Gaydosh anyway.  he was highly touted.. NFL shot.. then came back and hasn't been a fixture anywhere..  health?  not committed enough?   very odd how hes bounced around.

Just now, Taynted_Fayth said:

June Jones seems like a bit of a reach. At 64 he is no spring chicken to be a long term solution, hasn't played in the CFL for 35 years (never coached), I'm interested in hearing the reasoning behind it.

By comparison to other coaches in the league;

Wally Buono: 67 yrs old

Marc Trestman: 61 yrs old

Jacques Chapdelaine: 55 yrs old

Kent Austin: 54 yrs old

Chris Jones: 50 yrs old

Mike Oshea: 46 yrs old

Rick Campbell 46 yrs old

Dave Dickenson: 44 yrs old

Jason Maas: 41 yrs old

well hes an assistant coach at the moment.. so it could very well be just a quality control type role to see if Austin has too much on his plate..

I can't imagine they are looking to punt Austin and replace him with June at this moment..