MOP award

16 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

one of the GOATs of all time Milt Stegall,

The greatest of all times of all time? ;) GOAT = Greatest Of All Time... if you weren't aware...

joking aside, the real issue I have with this statement is "one of".... Milt is the greatest receiver to ever play in the CFL... end of conversation...

2 hours ago, J5V said:

Bombers will win no awards this year. We get no respect in this league and won't until we win a GC and are consistently good for many years to come. 

Just as opposition parties do not win elections so much as governments lose them, sometimes teams win it all because the opposition implodes at critical times. The only credible opposition to the Bombers so far this year is Calgary with the Riders showing occasional signs of life.  I'm betting the real Grey Cup game will be the Western Final.

4 minutes ago, tracker said:

Just as opposition parties do not win elections so much as governments lose them, sometimes teams win it all because the opposition implodes at critical times. The only credible opposition to the Bombers so far this year is Calgary with the Riders showing occasional signs of life.  I'm betting the real Grey Cup game will be the Western Final.

We said that last year too though... and lest we forget 2001....

4 hours ago, J5V said:

Bombers will win no awards this year. We get no respect in this league and won't until we win a GC and are consistently good for many years to come. 

The Bombers get awards when they earn them.  Medlock just won MOSTP last season.  In 2012 Chris Matthews won Most Outstanding Rookie.  Jovon Johnson won the MODP in 2011.  It's less about respect and more about just not having the best players on a consistent basis.

We haven't had the Most Outstanding Lineman since 2001 but I think we get it this year with either Stanley Bryant or Travis Bond.

4 hours ago, bearpants said:

The greatest of all times of all time? ;) GOAT = Greatest Of All Time... if you weren't aware...

joking aside, the real issue I have with this statement is "one of".... Milt is the greatest receiver to ever play in the CFL... end of conversation...

Well there's the GOAT then there's the goats GOAT! Big difference :lol:

depending on who we nominate (Nichols for MOP for example) Harris is almost a certainty to win COY at the very least.  And despite a bad game last week, Medlock should still be the favorite for MOSTP,  We could very well win OLOY as well.

Not sure who we will nominate for DPOY (Leggett maybe? Randle?) or ROY (Walker?) but I don't think we have a shot in those 2 categories IMO

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

depending on who we nominate (Nichols for MOP for example) Harris is almost a certainty to win COY at the very least.  And despite a bad game last week, Medlock should still be the favorite for MOSTP,  We could very well win OLOY as well.

Not sure who we will nominate for DPOY (Leggett maybe? Randle?) or ROY (Walker?) but I don't think we have a shot in those 2 categories IMO

Bit of a stretch for Harris to win Coach Of The Year, but he's got a really good shot at MOC.....Most Outstanding Canadian.

41 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I'm not so sure about that... I still have confidence that he'll make a big kick in a big situation... but he is 5th or 6th in kicking % right now...

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I'm not so sure about that... I still have confidence that he'll make a big kick in a big situation... but he is 5th or 6th in kicking % right now...

It will definitely come down to a kicker. Other then Finch or Jackson in TO the big returns seem down this year vs years past.  Medlock might be 5th or 6th in % but he's also kicking the longest FGs, multiple game winners and the only person who has made more FGs then him is Parades but I give Medlock the nod over him because medlock also does all other kicking duties

on last week's CJOB pre-game show, they talked about how it almost always goes to a QB, and for someone else to beat that out, you have to do something really special, like when Milt broke the record for TDs in a season, with 23, and beat out Khari for the Bombers MOP nom that year. They figured Harris has to get 1k/1k, to have a shot at beating out Nichols for the Bombers MOP nod. I'd say that's about right...