Around the NHL 2017/2018

Rich

8 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Burke appeared drunk to me on Sportsnet this afternoon.  He called the coach of the Bruins "Butch Cassidy" (not sure if that's his nickname, if so then I apologize) and he and Elliot seemed to disagree on several points about the Tampa/Boston game.  To the point of being polar opposites.  It was kind of awkward.  

Butch is his nickname. 

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/bruins/bruins_insider/2017/02/a_look_at_bruins_interim_coach_bruce_cassidy

Lamoriello won't return as Leafs GM: https://www.tsn.ca/lamoriello-will-not-return-as-leafs-gm-1.1072178

“Three years ago, Lou and I agreed on a contract that would see him serve as general manager of the Maple Leafs for three years and then transition to senior advisor for the following four years,” said Leafs president Brendan Shanahan in a release. “This morning I informed Lou that I was not going to deviate from that course of action. I will now focus all of my attention towards making a decision regarding our next general manager.”

36 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

It's unfortunate that the Bruins-Lightning game is interrupting Sportsnet's non-stop speculation of who will be the next Leafs GM. Randy Turner

yeah well maybe if the Leafs were still in the playoffs maybe we wouldn't be hearing about that

On 2018-05-01 at 6:16 PM, johnzo said:

TSN.ca is all Raptors at the moment.  They're the NBA broadcaster, so can't fault them for that .. be interesting to see how much of Coach's Corner is about Lamoriello tonight...

They do a lot of jets coverage too.  But yes more basketball. They are the jets regional broadcaster so they should be pushing us

jay & Dan are clearly enjoying the jets success. 

14 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Is Tom Wilson a Leaf? I thought it was only Leafs that got suspended for multiple games. 

That was a tough hit. I can see why they suspended him.