Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

16 hours ago, bustamente said:

I don't know about other locations but the everyday burger at Leo's Bridgwater is a hockey puck along the line of a frozen patty that you can buy at the grocery store. 

Usually the food is above average at the three different Leopolds that I've been at.   

The servers at the Henderson location are  odd and some of them really need a course on customer service.  The last time we went I ordered the LeBurger with a side of fries.  The waitress had brought me the burger with cream of mushroom soup and when I had kindly said that I ordered fries and not soup the lady insisted that I had ordered soup and that I was wrong and that she can see if she can get me fries instead.   It was super odd that she instantly blamed me despite her being 100% wrong and getting the correct order was like her doing a favor for me?    I'm guessing it's a generational thing with young people being entitled/brats/disrespectful/unable to accept accountability.   I just was off put by the attitude and thankfully for her that I'm pretty chill because I could see lots of people getting upset.  

so anyone try Bernstein's on Corydon?

also for those that are aching for Bugles, Tostitos has released a new product called Hearty Dippers, they are shaped like half an egg but they look better for dipping than the scoops do, they kind of taste like bugles

Edited by iHeart

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the KCa strip mall I have been hearing that the other restaurant that is being planned for there will be something from the states ( I don't think it will be church's because there's Mary brown and KFC in the same area my guess: Krispy Kreme already has expansion plans here) I don't know what Experience Grandeur Prestige is all about even though it could be a salon someone actually thought Arby's would open in that other restaurant space (and I hope it is)

No photo description available.

May be an image of lighting

Edited by iHeart

18 hours ago, iHeart said:

I can't believe someone thought that this should be a thing

I use butter + cheerios (and many more things) when I make trail mix.  Assuming that the cheerios wouldn't be wet and soggy it would taste good.

Edited by Brandon

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

I use butter + cheerios (and many more things) when I make trail mix.  Assuming that the cheeiors wouldn't be wet and soggy it would taste good.

Back before the 'beetus when I could eat trash, I used to do the same. Cheerios and Shreddies with melted butter, worcestershire, and garlic and celery salt and a couple other spices tossed in then baked for a while. Was a good snack. Basically your nuts and bolts you buy in the store, just without the pretzels and cheese bits.

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Back before the 'beetus when I could eat trash, I used to do the same. Cheerios and Shreddies with melted butter, worcestershire, and garlic and celery salt and a couple other spices tossed in then baked for a while. Was a good snack. Basically your nuts and bolts you buy in the store, just without the pretzels and cheese bits.

Usually we make our trail mix in the oven but last year I tried it in the smoker and it came out really really good.   

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

The Friskee Pearl barely lasted 6 months before going up for sale again. Construction in the area all summer cannot have helped business, but those prices for previously frozen fish weren't helping either... I wonder what goes in next.

The prices were crazy and by all the accounts the food was just OK. I never went, but I was super excited for it to open.

3 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

The Friskee Pearl barely lasted 6 months before going up for sale again. Construction in the area all summer cannot have helped business, but those prices for previously frozen fish weren't helping either... I wonder what goes in next.

wow Friskee Pearl went Kablooie?

hey the lobster for a side was 61 bucks what did they expect?

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/business/2023/10/12/friskee-pearl-up-for-sale

Edited by iHeart

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Timmy's! Which will be inexplicably busy - like all the others.

I've noticed the one by my house has slowly declined in how busy the inside has been over the last 5 years... drive thru is still very busy for god knows what reasons?  

I'm guessing it's the old timers going out of loyalty?