We need to petition the CFL Commish to host LDC

1 minute ago, Mosaic said:

The majority of last CHL season the Regina Pats were ranked #1 in Canada, that is a fact.   Many junior hockey pundits say they'll be even better this year since the Memorial Cup in being held in Regina. 

And your point about sports teams to follow and support is irrelevant, especially when you compare the difference in population sizes between Regina and Winnipeg.  Saskatchewan has a strong support for CHL hockey (5 teams) while Manitoba does not. (1 team).  

there is a lot of support for the wheat kings out in western MB.  But I'm failing to understand how that is a point of strength in your argument,  the question is why do we need to show strong support to the CHL when we already have strong support for the NHL and AHL?

The point that was made was the riders are the only pro team in sask - hence only real big attraction in town.  When you are lacking in big time sports, it obviously trickles down to a stronger support in amateur and CIS level teams. 

As for the riders attendance, remove the nostalgia from last years farewell to MS and the shine off this season's inauguration with NMS and the product the riders are producing the last 4 years will see attendance nose dive in years to come.  

Not to mention in Wpg the city has it's own Junior B teir 2 hockey league within the city itself.  As well as the MJHL similar to the SJHL but Winnipeg has several teams in that loop whereas I do not believe Regina has a SJHL team.

4 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

there is a lot of support for the wheat kings out in western MB.  But I'm failing to understand how that is a point of strength in your argument,  the question is why do we need to show strong support to the CHL when we already have strong support for the NHL and AHL?

The point that was made was the riders are the only pro team in sask - hence only real big attraction in town.  When you are lacking in big time sports, it obviously trickles down to a stronger support in amateur and CIS level teams. 

As for the riders attendance, remove the nostalgia from last years farewell to MS and the shine off this season's inauguration with NMS and the product the riders are producing the last 4 years will see attendance nose dive in years to come.  

But we are talking about the modern CFL here...which attendance wise just reflects this and last year ...haha

The very problem with the Rider fanbase summarized nicely by the ramblings of Creed Bratton  Mosaic.   See, for every Ripper, there seems to be  a dozen of these blowhards.  The ego on this guy, eh? ??

Kid.... your franchise is factually one of the worst in North American pro sports.  100+ yrs. 8 team league (avg).  4 bleepin' Championships.  You guys are the Washington Generals of the CFL.   

Not only a joke of a franchise history-wise, what HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY.  While Saviour Jones has been losing far more often than not, humble O'Shea keeps guiding us to W's.  Yeah, 1990-me all you want.  We're better now and we've historically been better.   At least we don't wear fruit on our heads and brag about *still leading the league in trips to the big game. 

Congrats on the fandom out there. Really.  Sell-outs, merch sales and the like are great things.  So is a new stadium.  We should know these things, y'all tell us 8 days a week.  

You're a poor, misguided fan....or a weak minded, silly troll..... not sure what's worse. 

Stinks like bad eggs & ham in here now, we're going to have to hose the forum down.   Thanks a lot. 

**All that said.... heck no to moving Labour Day.   Sask residents need 1 day a year to be important.  Let's not rob them of that.   #tradition 

1 hour ago, Mosaic said:

The tone of your post is quite ironic. 

Lots of things to do in Sask sports wise, watch the Riders, watch the #1 rated junior hockey team in the country, the Saskatchewan Rush, the Brier is in town, the Memorial Cup, RedSox, UofR Rams, Thunder,  etc etc.  But then again we could drive 5 hours east to watch an NHL team that rarely makes the playoffs, but we got better things to do.  ;)

In your own mind you are making a point with this post, to those of us who actually don't live in an entertainment starved wasteland it just proves our point. Now go away Migs.

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

But we are talking about the modern CFL here...which attendance wise just reflects this and last year ...haha

If we are talking modern era let's talk about a .261 winning % over the past 3 years. What a moron coming here to talk smack when his team is in the crapper for multiple seasons in a row.  Embarrassing himself.

1 hour ago, Mosaic said:

The tone of your post is quite ironic. 

Lots of things to do in Sask sports wise, watch the Riders, watch the #1 rated junior hockey team in the country, the Saskatchewan Rush, the Brier is in town, the Memorial Cup, RedSox, UofR Rams, Thunder,  etc etc.  But then again we could drive 5 hours east to watch an NHL team that rarely makes the playoffs, but we got better things to do.  ;)

I actually laughed out loud at this.  You forgot to add the moving picture show on Friday nights and the Regina Symphony & Jug band.   This is what happens when you build flatbillies a new stadium with actual indoor plumbing.  They put on airs.

2 hours ago, Mosaic said:

How about you sell out your stadium once and then maybe you get get fun things.  Sorry but the LDC is Regina's forever, the CFL knows what straw stirs the drink.

It's guys like you that make your entire fan base look like hypocrites. You do realize that this game used to rotate back and forth between the two teams until your "straw that stirs the drink" plead poverty and begged, BEGGED, the Bombers and the league to keep the game in Regina or you were going to fold. Hypocrite. That's why everybody hates you guys, you were the league's welfare recipient for most of a 100 years and don't have the frikken class to be humble now. If it wasn't for our charity keeping your financial trainwreck of 85 years alive, you would be here yapping your oversized gums about how the CIS is equivalent to the CFL and that you support the Rams and that's just as good. That's gotta sting doesn't it...truth hurts.

Edited by gcn11

44 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

If hosting one time events like the Brier & Mem Cup can be claimed, then we just answer back with the Canada Games - bigger than both those events combined.

Might as well add a world class Marathon to the list too. Oh and in terms of Curling...the Select (MB prov championship)has brought forward multiple world class athletes. But hey....the Rams might be playing that week lolololololololol.

I've said it many times. The day that **** hole of a team folds I will celebrate and do my best to rub it in the face of every rider fan I can find!! 

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

I just hate Riders fans more than any other type of person on the planet........

Hey when Riders fans start harassing our own kids at Riders games then you guys might have an argument. 

Still can't believe Bombers fans harassed a kid Bomber fan last year who happened to be wearing a green shirt.  Take a bow. Sick.

Edited by Mosaic

4 hours ago, gcn11 said:

If we are talking modern era let's talk about a .261 winning % over the past 3 years. What a moron coming here to talk smack when his team is in the crapper for multiple seasons in a row.  Embarrassing himself.

2 Grey Cup championships and 4 GreyCup appearances in the last decade.   Time to start winning again.  :)

7 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

Hey when Riders fans start harassing our own kids at Riders games then you guys might have an argument.  Still can't believe Bombers fans harassed a kid Bomber fan last year who happened to be wearing a green shirt.  Sick.

You do realize that the kids mom made that story up tho right? She just wanted free stuff... Shes done it quite regularly. Regardless... Throwing manure on a kickers lawn doesnt scream classy to me. 

Edited by Goalie

13 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

Hey when Riders fans start harassing our own kids at Riders games then you guys might have an argument. 

Still can't believe Bombers fans harassed a kid Bomber fan last year who happened to be wearing a green shirt.  Take a bow. Sick.

The answer to I'll take "Things That Never Happened for 400," Alex.

I've never seen anyone who doesn't claim to be a fan obsess over the Bombers as much as you. Take a bow, Migs. You troglodyte.