We need to petition the CFL Commish to host LDC

2 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

You just proved my point that in the modern CFL the Riders lead the league in attendance at home and on the road.  Punting the NDP was the best thing this province ever did, turned everything around, especially the economy.

Unfortunately it can't turn around your reputation of being a total shithole with no redeeming qualities.  You have one professional sports team and they are awful.  There are literally no other attractions in the entire province.

you can't just cherry pick your best years and use it as a fact...take your 10 best...10 worst and average it out then...and you can't state that you drive attendance in all cities...thats just really reaching..only people who claim that..are Rider fans

Define the modern CFL...2016 AND ONWARD???

I guess in the modern CFL that team has been the biggest circus and joke and perenial basement dweller as well with no real relief in sight. Had a fluky win against BC that has the hopes all in a tizzy, and tonight it will be more of the same from the "faithful"...fire Jones...So and So sucks...what the heck...blah blah blah

8 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Unfortunately it can't turn around your reputation of being a total shithole with no redeeming qualities.  You have one professional sports team and they are awful.  There are literally no other attractions in the entire province.

The tone of your post is quite ironic. 

Lots of things to do in Sask sports wise, watch the Riders, watch the #1 rated junior hockey team in the country, the Saskatchewan Rush, the Brier is in town, the Memorial Cup, RedSox, UofR Rams, Thunder,  etc etc.  But then again we could drive 5 hours east to watch an NHL team that rarely makes the playoffs, but we got better things to do.  ;)

Edited by Mosaic

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

you can't just cherry pick your best years and use it as a fact...take your 10 best...10 worst and average it out then...and you can't state that you drive attendance in all cities...thats just really reaching..only people who claim that..are Rider fans

Speaking about today's CFL is not cherry picking.  Do you want accolades for you Grand daddy selling out Winnipeg Stadium?  Props to you guys

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

Define the modern CFL...2016 AND ONWARD???

I guess in the modern CFL that team has been the biggest circus and joke and perenial basement dweller as well with no real relief in sight. Had a fluky win against BC that has the hopes all in a tizzy, and tonight it will be more of the same from the "faithful"...fire Jones...So and So sucks...what the heck...blah blah blah

Are you ok?

Why do you suggest the Riders win over the BC Lions was fluky?  We dominated them in all 3 phases.

As far as the modern CFL, well I'd say the last decade since all games were on TV.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

pretty much is when comparing stats and numbers...you have to use the whole sum of stats for the true picture..not just pieces here and there.

Seriously?  If that's true then the Argos have nothing to worry about attendance wise.

You played well in all 3 phases sure...but do you really think BC didn't drop a deuce?..after totally dominating you the week previous? The 2 line-up changes you made that game weren't the difference...Most experts too said the same, and Wally prior to the game even basically predicted it. We shall see over next 3-4 games what kind of team shows up each game...The one that beat BC..Or the one that showed up the first 6 games...I do hope tho you win tonight truth be told...not betting on it tho

16 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

Lots of things to do in Sask sports wise, watch the Riders, watch the #1 rated junior hockey team in the country, the Saskatchewan Rush, the Brier is in town, the Memorial Cup, RedSox, UofR Rams, Thunder,  etc etc.  But then again we could drive 5 hours east to watch an NHL team that rarely makes the playoffs, but we got better things to do.  ;)

Actually plenty of people do make that drive to watch the Jets play, which I'm sure you're well aware of.  So that just makes you look even dumber.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Actually plenty of people do make that drive to watch the Jets play, which I'm sure you're well aware of.  So that just makes you look even dumber.

That is correct, I was one of them.  Won't make the same mistake a 3rd time unless the Jets can actually build a team that has a hope.

8 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

Haha post of the day.  You get it.

Love love this time of year.  I remember last year at this time many of you wanted Oshea and Walters toasted.  Gotta love the CFL

When we were 5-4 and on a 4 game winning streak?  Yep lots of people wanting them fired.  **** you're stupid, you make it way too easy.

6 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

That is correct, I was one of them.  Won't make the same mistake a 3rd time unless the Jets can actually build a team that has a hope.

Thank god, the cleaning bills are always massive for MTS centre when the filthy Sask inbreds come over.

10 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

Haha post of the day.  You get it.

Love love this time of year.  I remember last year at this time many of you wanted Oshea and Walters toasted.  Gotta love the CFL

Your ignorance and insecure fanboy shtick are utterly embarrassing. You have yet to make one factual comment and are doing nothing but feeding an ugly stereotype about your joke of a fanbase.

At this time a year ago the Bombers were riding a 4-game winning streak and sitting at 5-4 on the season. Whatever you're huffing, take a break from it. And do us all a favour and piss off.

As for the original post in this thread, no. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to move the LDC to Winnipeg.

Yeah we were on a streak.  And the Regina Pat's are not the number 1 rated team in Canada in Junior Hockey...not sure where you pulled that number from.

Brier?..yea a one time a year event...hardly sucks up consumer dollars and the curling crowd is pretty limited and and a select group.

As much as you hate to admit it...the Riders are pretty much all Sask has to follow sports wise at a professional type level, hence a solid support from the population...And I would hope so. 

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah we were on a streak.  And the Regina Pat's are not the number 1 rated team in Canada in Junior Hockey...not sure where you pulled that number from.

Brier?..yea a one time a year event...hardly sucks up consumer dollars and the curling crowd is pretty limited and and a select group.

As much as you hate to admit it...the Riders are pretty much all Sask has to follow sports wise at a professional type level, hence a solid support from the population...And I would hope so. 

The majority of last CHL season the Regina Pats were ranked #1 in Canada, that is a fact.   Many junior hockey pundits say they'll be even better this year since the Memorial Cup in being held in Regina. 

And your point about sports teams to follow and support is irrelevant, especially when you compare the difference in population sizes between Regina and Winnipeg.  Saskatchewan has a strong support for CHL hockey (5 teams) while Manitoba does not. (1 team).  

47 minutes ago, Mosaic said:

Lots of things to do in Sask sports wise, watch the Riders (we have the Bombers), watch the #1 rated junior hockey team in the country (we have the Jets AND the Moose, not to mention the Wheat Kings I guess), the Saskatchewan Rush (I don't even know what this is. Is it lacrosse or something?), the Brier is in town (this is in a different city every year. Not sure how you can claim this), the Memorial Cup (ditto), RedSox (another team I've never heard of. Are they the Goldeye's farm team?), UofR Rams, Thunder (and we also have teams in those leagues as well),  etc etc.  But then again we could drive 5 hours east to watch an NHL team that rarely makes the playoffs, but we got better things to do.  ;)

This just made me sad for you.  I added my super witty comments above in bold.