SAKATCHEWAN @ CALGARY

Mr Dee

3 hours ago, tracker said:

To the surprise of many (including me) Glenn nor only lasted the whole game but even managed to resemble a recent quarterback. Its weird to hear that Glenn probably will pass Ronnie Lancaster in the stats, and that Danny Mac is actually ahead Contrary to his reputation, Glenn took a beating and did not turtle or get happy feet- in fact he looked the most composed I've seen him in years. 

In the unofficial tally in the comparison of play between Kevin Glenn and Darian Durant, Kevin Glenn is securing 1st place, and is pulling away.

I'm with you on this one. If ever there was a game where Glenn would have "turtled", it would have been this one. He absolutely got rocked, in the first half, and yet he showed resilience, and came out better than a lot of QBs would have in that situation.

If he can continue with the way he is playing, Saskatchewan will win a couple more games than originally figured.

Yes, he is playing that well. Now, the hard part..keeping it up all year long.

Who knew?

20 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

What a performance by Messam, talk about grinding a D into the turf, once he gets on a roll there's no stopping him.

I expect he will receive the top offensive player award this week.  

Messam had a good game,  so did their line .... some nice holes opened up for him.

This is what I don't get about the Bombers. We have a good O line, and yet, Harris does not ever get a big hole opened up for him. he gets five yards a carry, but half of that is him fighting off tacklers.

I don't understand that. middle three guys weigh close to nine hundred pounds.

should be able to do something for Harris, more than what they have been. Maybe it's cause they run so seldom, that they don't have it quite down as much as they would have, if they ran more often. The team gives up on the run very quickly.

Also if the CFL is now a passing league, then defences are set up to stop the pass..... so.... do what they are not set up to do, which is stop the run.

ie. run more

coachs seem to be afraid to do something that goes against conventional thinking of the day. Pass lots, cause that's what's done these days.

dumb.

Edited by Mark F

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

Messam had a good game,  so did their line .... some nice holes opened up for him.

This is what I don't get about the Bombers. We have a good O line, and yet, Harris does not ever get a big hole opened up for him. he gets five yards a carry, but half of that is him fighting off tacklers.

I don't understand that. middle three guys weigh close to nine hundred pounds. (in total)

should be able to do something for Harris, more than what they have been.

i think the problem is they know BC will always key on Harris, thus they resorted to deception and short dumps to get him clear of the D-line.  You need a huge RB to do what Messam does but most teams are so pass oriented they don't want to make that kind of investment in their running game.  Harris is nearing his end, I would go out and find the next Mike Sellers and I wouldn't care a lick if he couldn't catch.

39 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

i think the problem is they know BC will always key on Harris, thus they resorted to deception and short dumps to get him clear of the D-line.  You need a huge RB to do what Messam does but most teams are so pass oriented they don't want to make that kind of investment in their running game.  Harris is nearing his end, I would go out and find the next Mike Sellers and I wouldn't care a lick if he couldn't catch.

We don't need a Mike Sellars. We need a back who can get to the second level quickly which we have in Harris. The Riders have Cameron Marshall who is a bigger back with average speed for a pro running back. He hasn't done much this year & he's bigger than Harris. Size is okay but speed is everything. Yes, our OL could run block better but I think it's the LaPo offense & the way it's designed.

15 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We don't need a Mike Sellars. We need a back who can get to the second level quickly which we have in Harris. The Riders have Cameron Marshall who is a bigger back with average speed for a pro running back. He hasn't done much this year & he's bigger than Harris. Size is okay but speed is everything. Yes, our OL could run block better but I think it's the LaPo offense & the way it's designed.

Agreed. I highly doubt that they all woke up one morning and forgot how to run block. 

21 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Agreed. I highly doubt that they all woke up one morning and forgot how to run block. 

it's definitely the result of not running enough, because let's be honest, the interior guys on our offensive line are massive and they have a bit of a surly attitude, yeah they might not get big holes all the time, but you keep letting them beat up on the defensive line and eventually they are going to wear them down. Lapo doesn't like to put that investment in though, he's always been a big fan of trying to outsmart everyone. 

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎22 at 10:04 PM, J5V said:

Where did Calgary find Mr. Singleton and for gawd'sake, are there any more just like him?

Same place the Bombers found Muamba... He just had to get a sniff from the NFL and essentially screw over his CFL career.

22 hours ago, ALuCsRED said:

Duron Carter... 2 catches for 12 yards

Rob Bagg... 2 catches for 12 yards

But Dressler was expendable. Looks good on ya, Jonesie! :lol:

17 hours ago, White Out said:

You have to be really bad to miss the playoffs in the CFL i agree.

Are you suggesting that we are that bad? 

Tough loss guys. I'm here to take my lumps. Really disappointed that we started that slow, we had a good second half but you just can't win when you basically do f-all the whole first half. Not being ready to play when the game started is on Jones. Not running the ball to slow up the ferocious pass rush is macadolittle.  Out coached again 

I was paying close attention to Mitchell during the game and he missed throws that last year and even before that would have been automatic. He just doesn't look as effective with his passes, and I do not think it was the receivers.

1 hour ago, tracker said:

I was paying close attention to Mitchell during the game and he missed throws that last year and even before that would have been automatic. He just doesn't look as effective with his passes, and I do not think it was the receivers.

He looked like that in 2015 for a period as well, when the Esks. beat them a few times on their way to the cup.