SAKATCHEWAN @ CALGARY

Mr Dee

4 hours ago, Ripper said:

Tough loss guys. I'm here to take my lumps. Really disappointed that we started that slow, we had a good second half but you just can't win when you basically do f-all the whole first half. Not being ready to play when the game started is on Jones. Not running the ball to slow up the ferocious pass rush is macadolittle.  Out coached again 

I believe you mean a good third quarter, cause the 4th quarter was the Stamps kicking your asses again too. Don't try and make it sound any better than it really was. Riders were fortunate that the score wasn't more lopsided to be perfectly honest.

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎24 at 2:19 PM, 17to85 said:

I believe you mean a good third quarter, cause the 4th quarter was the Stamps kicking your asses again too. Don't try and make it sound any better than it really was. Riders were fortunate that the score wasn't more lopsided to be perfectly honest.

True.  Fortunate doesn't mean much though, a loss is a loss. A small glimmer of hope was Glenn coming out in third quarter and playing well. I expected him to do what he usually does in those situations, turtle and turn the ball over. Jones punting with 6 minutes left was yet another coaching blunder, we were running out of time and couldn't afford that. That game summed up where we are at, not where we need to be. Could be a long rest of the season. Guess we will see where we go from here. Outside of Edm, Calgary and BC, no one has looked consistently good so things may still work out. 

Edited by Ripper

3 minutes ago, Ripper said:

True.  Fortunate does mean much though, a loss is a loss. A small glimmer of hope was Glenn coming out in third quarter and playing well. I expected him to do what he usually does in those situations, turtle and turn the ball over. Jones punting with 6 minutes left was yet another coaching blunder, we were running out of time and couldn't afford that. That game summed up where we are at, not where we need to be. Could be a long rest of the season. Guess we will see where we go from here. Outside of Edm, Calgary and BC, no one has looked consistently good so things may still work out. 

I beg to differ about Calgary looking like a juggernaut- they've played well enough to win most games but (IMO) they have been sloppy and beatable by a good team. Lets see how they do against BC and Edmonton.

5 minutes ago, tracker said:

I beg to differ about Calgary looking like a juggernaut- they've played well enough to win most games but (IMO) they have been sloppy and beatable by a good team. Lets see how they do against BC and Edmonton.

They have not been as good as they have been in the past that's for sure. I honestly don't think Dickensen is as good a coach as Huff.  But when they get Messam going, they are a handful. And still dangerous. BC has had struggles with their OLine being horrible at times but they find a way to win. Edmonton also has been sloppy, a better team than the Cats would have beat them last week. Esks are missing Walker and with Bowman out too they looked very beatable last week. BUT, with game on the line Reilly got it done''''''  I still see them as the 3 best teams right now

Edited by Ripper

On 7/22/2017 at 10:04 PM, J5V said:

Where did Calgary find Mr. Singleton and for gawd'sake, are there any more just like him?

first round of the 2016 draft...

On 7/23/2017 at 0:09 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Don't understand what Jones still sees in Bagg. He's a backup receiver at best now.

He's Canadian... and they are desperately thin at NI...

On 7/23/2017 at 2:10 PM, Judd said:

According to sportsclubstats chances of making playoffs

Bombers: 76%

Riders: 17%

Noice brah 

chances this means anything in the long run.... around 0%

On 7/23/2017 at 2:18 PM, Mark F said:

put in flanders, put harris in at receiver/running back instead of Julian.

can't replace a Canadian with an American unless you place to change the ratio elsewhere...