Bombers vs Riders GDT

Nolby

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

Well guys. Congrats on the win. We cheered our asses off and came up short. I'm really disappointed but am not going to cry about it.  

We got the two points but I am not sure that either side has that much to be proud of. It could easily have been a blowout either way had the executions of the offences been sharper.

1 minute ago, tracker said:

We got the two points but I am not sure that either side has that much to be proud of. It could easily have been a blowout either way had the executions of the offences been sharper.

We had you down and out when it was 17-3. We had all the momentum, I thought we had it. Lack of killer instinct again from Jones and we let you up off the floor. Once Nichols got going I knew we would lose. Dressler was so wide open that seeing it on tv doesn't do it justice. I was closer to him from the stands than the guy covering him. Embarrassment. Tough one to take for the fans. I mean the real ones that don't miss a game and support this team.

We had you down and out when it was 17-3. We had all the momentum, I thought we had it. Lack of killer instinct again from Jones and we let you up off the floor. Once Nichols got going I knew we would lose. Dressler was so wide open that seeing it on tv doesn't do it justice. I was closer to him from the stands than the guy covering him. Embarrassment. Tough one to take for the fans. I mean the real ones that don't miss a game and support this team.

Yup, and in the third quarter it was much the same for the Bombers- one more easy/quick TD and all the fight would have gone out of the Riders.

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

What is the feeling on how much rope Jones gets in Regina?

He has none with me. I've seen enough. I'm sure he will get the whole season minimum. Sad reality is there is no coach to replace him on the staff. They are all his buddies. Have to be a offseason change in order to replace them all. Macadoo would be first to go. When you are up 2 touchdowns with couple minutes till half time wtf are you doing going deep into double coverage. A running game for the riders early and the result changes in that game.

3 minutes ago, tracker said:

Yup, and in the third quarter it was much the same for the Bombers- one more easy/quick TD and all the fight would have gone out of the Riders.

Morris who should have been cut because he couldn't hold onto the f'n ball last year coughs it up at our 10 yard line. The air sucked right out of that building

20 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

ALL in the brand new facility where he was deemed not good enough to play..

Get your facts straight. Dressler was let go because he was making 240k and isn't worth that much. Secondly we aren't missing him at all. If Dressler is playing for us on Saturday, nothing changes. He was so wide open on those plays, any of your other receivers makes the same plays. Is he good, yes. Are we losing sleep because he isn't here, not in the least..

Get your facts straight. Dressler was let go because he was making 240k and isn't worth that much. Secondly we aren't missing him at all. If Dressler is playing for us on Saturday, nothing changes. He was so wide open on those plays, any of your other receivers makes the same plays. Is he good, yes. Are we losing sleep because he isn't here, not in the least..

I'll take your word for how much he was getting paid. That doesn't change the fact that he beat the Riders...twice...in that game and essentially slapped Mr Jones with a backhand "gotcha". 

3 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I'll take your word for how much he was getting paid. That doesn't change the fact that he beat the Riders...twice...in that game and essentially slapped Mr Jones with a backhand "gotcha". 

I think we all can agree that Dressler was pumped to play us. He married a girl from Regina and I'm sure he thought he would play out his career here. He'll want to stick it to us every game for the rest of his career I imagine. Or at least as long as Jones is here

8 minutes ago, Ripper said:

That's true, if you guys hadn't saved all that money on Dressler, Durant, and Chick, you wouldn't be able to field the star-studded lineup you have right now.  Excellent cap management!

I think we all can agree that Dressler was pumped to play us. He married a girl from Regina and I'm sure he thought he would play out his career here. He'll want to stick it to us every game for the rest of his career I imagine. Or at least as long as Jones is here

I think Dressler always plays like that, probably top 3 rec in the league.

I've watched quite a few practices and Dressler is almost always open. Denmark plays that way as well.

Edited by Gotmilt

Just now, Ripper said:

And the tweet that the Riders sent out mocking his height.

6 minutes ago, Atomic said:

That's true, if you guys hadn't saved all that money on Dressler, Durant, and Chick, you wouldn't be able to field the star-studded lineup you have right now.  Excellent cap management!

Chick is the one we have missed. Durant would have been nice to keep for one more year. Dressler we have not missed at all.

Edited by Ripper

Just now, Ripper said:

Chick is the one we have missed. Durant would have been nice to keep for one more year. Dressler we have no missed at all.

Not missed at all. Now that's funny.

But, you can always console yours of that you have that D-Bag Duron Carter, who face-masked Sam Hurl away from the play on Saturday and got away with it. Truly a class individual. Congratulations...

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Chick is the one we have missed. Durant would have been nice to keep for one more year. Dressler we have not missed at all.

Hey Roosevelt is a great receiver.  Carter is a headcase and all you have to do is read the riderfans forum or rider fans on Twitter to know how everyone feels about him already.  Grant is a journeyman who could never compare to Dressler and the rest are guys who you all swear are great but haven't really accomplished anything yet.

And let's be realistic here, Dressler is a winner and a clutch receiver and you ain't winning.

36 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

What is the feeling on how much rope Jones gets in Regina?

Look at that schedule of the teams they play... Hamiton, BC back to back, the Argos, Calgary, Edmonton & Winnipeg. He could be gone after Labour Day. When... not if... he goes... he's certainly left behind a #scorchedearth with the Riders.

4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Hey Roosevelt is a great receiver.  Carter is a headcase and all you have to do is read the riderfans forum or rider fans on Twitter to know how everyone feels about him already.  Grant is a journeyman who could never compare to Dressler and the rest are guys who you all swear are great but haven't really accomplished anything yet.

And let's be realistic here, Dressler is a winner and a clutch receiver and you ain't winning.

Dressler was the heart of that Rider team. He knew what it took to win unlike some of the athletically freaky looking guys you have now. Carter, pfft... talk about a headcase. It's all about him.

12 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Not missed at all. Now that's funny.

But, you can always console yours of that you have that D-Bag Duron Carter, who face-masked Sam Hurl away from the play on Saturday and got away with it. Truly a class individual. Congratulations...

I'm not a Carter fan myself. In fact I'm banned for referring to him as a jackass and a idiot.