OTTAWA @ CALGARY

Mr Dee

Game Notes

Including last Friday’s 31-31 tie in Ottawa, the REDBLACKS and Stampeders have gone to overtime in three of their last four meetings.

Crazy 8’s: REDBLACKS #88 Brad Sinopoli produced 88 yards of offence on 8 receptions in the season opener as he looks to make it a third straight season earning 1000+ receiving yards.

Former Stampeders-turned-REDBLACKS linebacker Taylor Reed, who won a Grey Cup with Ottawa last year after being released earlier in the season by Calgary, had eight tackles against his former team last weekend.

?‍?I wouldn't have minded this guy in the lineup..

-Neither team gave up a sack when Calgary and Ottawa met last weekend.

On the injury front, Calgary will be without star receiver DaVaris Daniels (neck) and defensive end Ja’Gared Davis.

48.6 – Average punt for Ottawa’s Brett Maher, owner of the CFL’s best mark through Week 1.

88 – Career sacks for Calgary’s Charleston Hughes, who needs two to eclipse Brent Johnson and Brett Williams for No. 13 on the all-time CFL sack-leader list.

Word filtered out late Wednesday that Powell would be scratched, while Mossis Madu and Brendan Gillanders are chomping at the bit for touches.

The return of Tommie Campbell for Calgary

85% of fans polled pick Calgary to win.

97% of fans polled on MBB pick Calgary

Stats - CFL.ca

Misc.

With his five receptions in Week 1, Montreal Alouette Nik Lewis now has 982 career receptions, just 47 short of tying Canadian Football Hall of Famer Geroy Simon for the all-time CFL lead in receptions (1,029).

Farhan Lalji#BCLions have also released Cdn OL Jeremy Zver and offered him a spot on their PR. Wouldn't be surprised if another team picked him up. #CFL

Penalties in Week 1 were down 6.2% from 2016 and 25% from 2015.

Rod Peterson - Kevin Glenn @qterback5 says the Riders have "something in store" for Rider fans on Saturday night rodpedersen.com/2017/06/riders…

“I can’t wait to go out there and play. I think we’re ready for the moment and I think we will show it,” - Darvin Adams

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

Edited by Mr Dee

2 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Game Notes

Including last Friday’s 31-31 tie in Ottawa, the REDBLACKS and Stampeders have gone to overtime in three of their last four meetings.

Crazy 8’s: REDBLACKS #88 Brad Sinopoli produced 88 yards of offence on 8 receptions in the season opener as he looks to make it a third straight season earning 1000+ receiving yards.

Former Stampeders-turned-REDBLACKS linebacker Taylor Reed, who won a Grey Cup with Ottawa last year after being released earlier in the season by Calgary, had eight tackles against his former team last weekend.

?‍?I wouldn't have minded this guy in the lineup..

-Neither team gave up a sack when Calgary and Ottawa met last weekend.

On the injury front, Calgary will be without star receiver DaVaris Daniels (neck) and defensive end Ja’Gared Davis.

48.6 – Average punt for Ottawa’s Brett Maher, owner of the CFL’s best mark through Week 1.

88 – Career sacks for Calgary’s Charleston Hughes, who needs two to eclipse Brent Johnson and Brett Williams for No. 13 on the all-time CFL sack-leader list.

Word filtered out late Wednesday that Powell would be scratched, while Mossis Madu and Brendan Gillanders are chomping at the bit for touches.

The return of Tommie Campbell for Calgary

85% of fans polled pick Calgary to win.

97% of fans polled on MBB pick Calgary

Stats - CFL.ca

Misc.

With his five receptions in Week 1, Montreal Alouette Nik Lewis now has 982 career receptions, just 47 short of tying Canadian Football Hall of Famer Geroy Simon for the all-time CFL lead in receptions (1,029).

Farhan Lalji#BCLions have also released Cdn OL Jeremy Zver and offered him a spot on their PR. Wouldn't be surprised if another team picked him up. #CFL

Penalties in Week 1 were down 6.2% from 2016 and 25% from 2015.

Rod Peterson - Kevin Glenn @qterback5 says the Riders have "something in store" for Rider fans on Saturday night rodpedersen.com/2017/06/riders…

“I can’t wait to go out there and play. I think we’re ready for the moment and I think we will show it,” - Darvin Adams

IMG_0477.jpg

funny story about him, I believe.. he was bomber property on our PR but we released him to let him pursue an NFL opportunity.. he came back and I think signed with... Hamilton?  Then left to play for Calgary from there.. then onto Ottawa.   I agree, I'd have liked to have him in blue and gold 3 teams ago lol.

good start refs.

lol. the old micrometer out for that offside.

flag a minute.

bleep.

kickers having a tough start to the season. missed pat is pitiful. pitiful. no excuse for that.

ottawa have a canuck qb?

Edited by Mark F