CFL Draft

Floyd

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

I wonder if they try him as a fullback... or the FB/TE type position a lot of CFL teams employ....

The issue there (which is why I would think a lot of teams weren't very interested) is that even though he's got FB attributes ... he's nowhere near FB sized.

He'd be a good fullback if he were big enough.

30 minutes ago, Mike said:

The issue there (which is why I would think a lot of teams weren't very interested) is that even though he's got FB attributes ... he's nowhere near FB sized.

He'd be a good fullback if he were big enough.

Isn't he around 230 lbs?... pretty good weight... is height that big of a factor?

On 2017-05-08 at 10:20 AM, bigg jay said:

Shouldn't be an issue because from what i read, Judge seems to be more of a SAM than MLB.  He started in the middle at UCLA but was moved outside eventually .  Jones figures there's about 3 spots they can play him at.

think you meant all positions he could play.. both sides of the ball.

On 2017-05-08 at 11:39 AM, Gotmilt said:

Just need to hope Andrew doesn't have to take any plays off, i really don't like when they sub in Normand essentially giving away that we will be passing the ball. A solid Canadian back-up who can run the rock and pass block would be huge imo.

cuz they are just so plentiful!

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

I wonder if they see Michael Ritchott as someone with CFL potential (even if it's just as a back-up)?  If that's the case, then they saved themselves a draft pick since he'd be a territorial exemption.

Hope so. Would be nice if we can groom him and then he takes over for Harris.

3 hours ago, Gotmilt said:

They aren't, thats why you need to draft one :rolleyes:

7.2 ypc last year. just sayin. Normand never looked bad running the ball. He did have a bobble a pass or two however. 

I think the issue is adaption and use of the offense. Not personnel. 2 of the top 3 rushers in the league were NI last year. When you get out side the top 5 I dont buy one bit that those teams wouldnt have been better off using a NI rb. Teams still perceive it to be a spot to use a imp, even though rb usage is soo low these days. 

Guys like shaq murray lawrence, lafrance, and anthony coombs get modestly better treatment then NI qbs. Big body backs like lumbala and normand show some flashes but remain under used. There seems to be a good amount of guys coming out who are athletic, H-back/fback/te prospects who get stuck on teams and forgotten. Id rather start a guy like normand, then half imp rbs thats started last year for various teams. Especially if you are going to run soo infrequently. These are the perfect guys to run on 2nd and 3 type plays, to pass protect, and block and release.  

I wonder what the last team to start a NI rb for most of the season was that did poorly.