CFL Draft

Floyd

5 hours ago, Atomic said:

Post-draft expected depth chart:

zbDwTjN.png

good stuff, marouf is an end not a tackle though. He has the size that he could be a guy who moves in side in a pinch but its not his position currently. 

6 hours ago, ddanger said:

Man the more I read about this kid....the more I like him. And if football doesn't work out, it really seems to me that he's got his head screwed on right and he's going to be just fine.

And that thing in the park?? Man that woulda been absolutely terrifying.

there is actually a video on YT of it, a body cam from one of the officers. 

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I dunno, considering only 2 NFL hopefuls were drafted before 30, he might have still be available for sask vs auclair at 30.  Without seeing everyone's board I'm just going by how few were taken in the first 4 rounds.  Edm getting both Senior and Boateng in the 5th round may have won them the draft in a couple years times

Hopefuls as in, the ones who have signed NFL deals??

Just now, wbbfan said:

good stuff, marouf is an end not a tackle though. He has the size that he could be a guy who moves in side in a pinch but its not his position currently. 

there is actually a video on YT of it, a body cam from one of the officers. 

I would think that the probable cause for arresting him was "Black while walking"

1 minute ago, tracker said:

I would think that the probable cause for arresting him was "Black while walking"

Pretty much. Big, black guy, dark clothes. And then the racial slur game against nebraska. A great guy but had to deal with some real tough moments off the field. And handled em very well. 

40 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Walters said Marouf is exclusively a tackle.  He weighs 290-300 pounds right now.

Just now, Atomic said:

Walters said Marouf is exclusively a tackle.  He weighs 290-300 pounds right now.

what?! sweet christmas! he was 265 in college. I saw walters say he was ballooned up at the regional but when he said they worked him out afterwards he was down in weight and looking a lot more like the player they saw in college... 

8 hours ago, wbbfan said:

hes got to be among the best young men in this draft. And well spoken too. Cant wait to see his TC rookie posts on BB.com. ( i assume he will be the one doing it this year) 

He really is lucky they didn't gun him down.

Funny the stuff people were posting about his attitude being less than ideal. More pre draft BS.

glad we got him. Seems like an  outstanding person.

6 hours ago, Atomic said:

Post-draft expected depth chart:

Didn't Shayon Green outplay Justin Cole as the season progressed last season?

Started off with some penalties and ho  hum, then picked it up, and was used more. or not.

2 minutes ago, Mark F said:

He really is lucky they didn't gun him down.

Funny the stuff people were posting about his attitude being less than ideal. More pre draft BS.

glad we got him. Seems like an  outstanding person.

it wasnt attitude, there were claims he wasnt committed to football. I cant imagine that being true and us  drafting him especially high. 

http://www.bluebombers.com/2017/05/07/gm-kyle-walters-on-the-2017-draft-class/

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

Didn't Shayon Green outplay Justin Cole as the season progressed last season?

Started off with some penalties and ho  hum, then picked it up, and was used more. or not.

Cole made some great plays both rushing, and dropping back. Down the stretch i dont thin either was particularly good though. Chances seem pretty slim that they make the roster barring injury imop. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Cole made some great plays both rushing, and dropping back. Down the stretch i dont thin either was particularly good though. Chances seem pretty slim that they make the roster barring injury imop. 

oh, right, he picked off a pass now that you remind me. super atheltic big guy.

26 minutes ago, Atomic said:

He outright said Marouf is competing with Butcher for a spot on the PR.  Not that it's a binding contract but it surprised me that he made it that black and white.  I'm sure if both show significant promise he'd find room for both of them.

10 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Cole and Green were both pretty underwhelming and I hope they bring in at least one more guy for competition.  If Okpalaugo gets hurt then we are looking at the exact same guys as last year, when they were so ineffective.

I think the hope would be that corney continues to improve. Another body off the edge would be nice though. At this point I imagine it would be a late pick up cast off from some one elses camp. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

I think the hope would be that corney continues to improve. Another body off the edge would be nice though. At this point I imagine it would be a late pick up cast off from some one elses camp. 

Maybe we can coax Demarcus Ware out of retirement

Really like Walters clear explanations about their drafting style...

- Felix M-B is there to reduce reps for Medlock in TC and pre-season, frees up roster spot for another import

- T-Plemanon is there to take long snapping duties in TC and pre-season

- Marouf - fighting for spot on PR

30 minutes ago, Floyd said:

- Felix M-B is there to reduce reps for Medlock in TC and pre-season, frees up roster spot for another import

When would it free up a roster spot? There are no ratio concerns or roster limits for pre-season games.

5 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

When would it free up a roster spot? There are no ratio concerns or roster limits for pre-season games.

I think he meant that he was a non-counter in terms of the number of players that they could bring into camp...  like instead of an American punter, now there will be another linebacker or something like that

2 hours ago, tracker said:

Thanks to Gotmilt and WBBfan for the info.

np

55 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Yeah we got up side and tc help pretty good stuff.