Canadian Politics

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

****ing snowflakes.

Take no personal responsibility. It's everyone else's fault. Can't even provide basic evidence to support their positions. Today's Right!

Bootstraps aren't even strong enough to walk out the metaphorical door.

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Gcn20 asked you to leave him alone yet you kept baiting him like now. I'll say what he should have said to you. Take your left wing garbage & shove it. You're an asshat.

The troll got trolled and had a hissy fit.  Not my problem.  I'm sorry for your loss.

58 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Hey they wrote this down on their webpage:

The Conservative Party of Canada is founded on the principles of peace and freedom on the world stage; responsible management of taxpayers' money; a welcoming land of refuge for the world’s persecuted and afflicted; the defence of clean Canadian technologies; and a clear understanding of responsibilities between levels of government.

To be fair... founded... not what hey represent currently. 

10 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Bootstraps aren't even strong enough to walk out the metaphorical door.

The troll got trolled and had a hissy fit.  Not my problem.  I'm sorry for your loss.

I suffered no such loss. How can you guys hate someone so much yet you don't even know him?? It's no wonder we've had wars & suffering today & in the past.

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I suffered no such loss. How can you guys hate someone so much yet you don't even know him?? It's no wonder we've had wars & suffering today & in the past.

I asked a question, JCon. You just rolled your eyes.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

How can you guys hate someone so much yet you don't even know him?? It's no wonder we've had wars & suffering today & in the past.

And why are you assigning emotions like "hate" to people you don't even know?  What's with the constant hyperbole from your side of the political spectrum?  

Meanwhile, the troll has been trolled and I hope his medicine tasted great.

1 minute ago, Wideleft said:

And why are you assigning emotions like "hate" to people you don't even know?  What's with the constant hyperbole from your side of the political spectrum?  

Meanwhile, the troll has been trolled and I hope his medicine tasted great.

My side? Look in a mirror before you spew your rhetoric. I'd call you, pal but that you ain't.

12 hours ago, iHeart said:

the Canadian politics thread is still closed....why is it that people vote smart in Civic elections but not in provincial elections?

And the Layton widow wins

For the voters who loosely associate with a party, I think that they are less likely to follow party lines in a civic election because the affiliations to the party aren't as obvious (Chow's connection to Layton not withstanding).

• Mark H. unlocked this topic

yCQh0CMZ_x96.jpg

Conservative Party of Canada: 'We're tough on crime!' 'Unless it's a hate crime committed by one of the rage monkeys we are winding up and then unleashing on society. Then we won't say a damn thing for fear of offending our hateful base.'

4 hours ago, Wideleft said:

They've decided he must be unlikable because of the looks.. so they gave him the Janey Briggs makeover. Lost the glasses, lost the pony tail, lost the paint covered overalls, boom! Whole new person.

Do they really think it works like that?

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

They've decided he must be unlikable because of the looks.. so they gave him the Janey Briggs makeover. Lost the glasses, lost the pony tail, lost the paint covered overalls, boom! Whole new person.

Do they really think it works like that?

Unlikeable because of his looks, so they make him look like Melissa Lantsman.

#CDNpoli WHAT IS HAPPENING

A poll published in today's Free Press indicated that the the strongest love of Canada is to be found among NDP supporters, followed by Liberal Party supporters. The lowest love of Canada was among.......wait for it.......Conservative voters. Sadly predictable as right-wingers detest what does not conform to their will.

11 minutes ago, Tracker said:

A poll published in today's Free Press indicated that the the strongest love of Canada is to be found among NDP supporters, followed by Liberal Party supporters. The lowest love of Canada was among.......wait for it.......Conservative voters. Sadly predictable as right-wingers detest what does not conform to their will.

https://twitter.com/338Canada/status/1674403147509293056?s=20

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/online-news-act-google-facebook-meta-1.6897186

In a sign negotiations with tech giants Google and Meta over the government's new Online News Act may be at an impasse, the Liberals, the NDP and the Bloc Québécois are expected to present a united front in support of the legislation at a news conference today.

"Canada is standing up to the tech giants for the right reasons," Heritage Minister Pablo Rodriguez said in a media statement. "A free and independent press is fundamental to our democracy."

"We're going to keep standing our ground. After all, if the government can't stand up for Canadians against tech giants, who will?" Rodriguez's statement said.

...the Online News Act, also known as C-18, received royal assent after passing both the House of Commons and the Senate.

The law compels companies like Google and Meta to pay money to a news organization each time a user accesses a web story through a link on one of their products.

The bill has been pitched as a way to keep news outlets solvent after advertising moved en masse to digital platforms, virtually wiping out a major revenue stream for journalism.

Good. Do the domestic media giants, grocery giants, petroleum giants, and banking giants next.