Canadian Politics

49 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

The bigger the government, the easier it is to corrupt.

It's the bureaucracy that keeps corruption out. Redundancies in accounting, procurement and purchasing helps keep corruption out- see russia and Ukraine (UKR getting much better). 

Trudeau's government is the biggest in the past 40 years

Holy ****, did you know that the Canadian population is the largest it's ever been? EVER. 

and is absolutely, factually the most corrupt....without question....not even debatable. Anyone can see that,

Bull ****. Bull ****. Bull ****. Your opinions are not fact. 

it seems many here prefer not to do so and that saddens me.

Your tears mean nothing to me, I've seen what makes you cheer.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

What does brighten my day is that in the latest poll by Abacus, 81% of Canadians would like to see a change in federal government. Seems Liberals are jumping ship. Thank god.

Why do you insist on saying this about polls? You know they don't ask every voting age Canadian lol. It makes any point you're trying to make laughable.

1 hour ago, Rod Black said:

Excellent persuasion skills.

Matches the quality of the quoted post.

7 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

The inverse of this is true for conservative men.

Everyone knows this. Everyone.

😂

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

14 hours ago, GCn20 said:

The Libs and NDP will paint everyone who doesn't vote for them as right wing zealots and claim they fully occupy the middle of spectrum exclusively. Anything to the right are baby killing racists. It is part of their game plan for the last several years and it's a crock. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a voter who wants small government, fiscal restraint, and lower taxation and a move away from Keynesian economics. Don't let the never ending attempts to label us get to you, it's just garbage. The vast majority of CPC voters and members surf very close to the middle of the political spectrum and lean slightly right. The PPC are wingnuts, and so too are some members of the CPC.....but that doesn't mean that the Liberals and NDP don't have their fair share of the same....but we're not supposed to talk about that.

There are some Conservative policies I don't like as well as some CPC politicians but overall I think that we desperately need a change. I also think the CPC will provide us with better government.  That's how I feel & nothing will change it. And yeah, for every right wing crazy thre's a left wing crazy as well. 

15 hours ago, 17to85 said:

The cpc are full of them too.... just because there are some others along for the ride doesn't mean they aren't there and aren't taking charge if the party.

There are left wing zealots in the Liberal & NDP as well. 

15 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I put in protest votes the last 2 elections. I am not a die hard CPC. I just won't waste my vote this year and will vote for the only option available to get rid of this current government. The NDP is just another vote for Trudeau right now. I'm not going to lose a second of sleep voting CPC if it means getting rid of this horrid government we have right now and force the Liberals to regroup and rethink things. I can't think of any government in my lifetime that has shown so little regard for the truth, and the citizens of Canada than this Liberal government. They need to be turfed.

Amen & it's tearing our country apart. 

9 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

the NDP? absolutely. They've also never been in power... but I don't think there's any extremists in the Liberals party. No need for them. Those people have a home in the NDP or some of the other fringe parties. 

To me here is the biggest difference between the extreme right and the extreme left... the right is willing to compromise for the promise of steps in what they view as the right direction (no pun intended), where are the extreme left wants it all now and won't settle for progress as readily. 

so huge swaths of people who would be more at home in the PPC still vote CPC because they know that the chance at forming governments gets them closer to their goals. 

11 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Talking about number of employees not wages. When unnecessary and redundant labor is added to the pool of employees, mostly in middle management positions, it increases the union take big time. 

Those positions you speak of have mostly been cut - it would seem that's not working out very well 

23 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

the NDP? absolutely. They've also never been in power... but I don't think there's any extremists in the Liberals party. No need for them. Those people have a home in the NDP or some of the other fringe parties. 

To me here is the biggest difference between the extreme right and the extreme left... the right is willing to compromise for the promise of steps in what they view as the right direction (no pun intended), where are the extreme left wants it all now and won't settle for progress as readily. 

so huge swaths of people who would be more at home in the PPC still vote CPC because they know that the chance at forming governments gets them closer to their goals. 

Huge swaths? PPC currently checks in at 2% of the popular vote.  And Bernier is currently at 0-4. Guibault is an extremist. Trudeau recruited him with the express desire for him to take over the Environment to do his dirty work. 

8 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Those positions you speak of have mostly been cut - it would seem that's not working out very well 

The cuts themselves were completely necessary, the problem wasn't the cuts. The problem was cutting them without cutting out the insane level of bureaucracy attached to them first. In order to successfully make cuts in any public or private enterprise, you must first identify correctly the processes that can be eliminated in order to create efficiencies so that dead weight can be lopped off. You can't simply cut the workforce without taking those steps because, and especially in public service, painstaking layers of bureaucracy accompany dead weight positions. You have to remove that first. Don't do that and you are forcing civil servants into the untenable position of maintaining a mostly useless work load for the sake of propping up the artificially created need for a bloated civil service.

The PCs lopped off the numbers in the civil service first before identifying and implementing efficiencies to ensure that work load would be manageable at reduced numbers. That was the mistake, not the cuts.

My wife has worked in the civil service at the executive level in Family Services for many years before leaving to the private sector. Her biggest frustration was that in order to get a light bulb changed (metaphorically) you had to email someone and go through a daisy chain of emails as this request went through 6 other people for approval and arguments about which department should pay for said light bulb, until finally like most civil servants will tell you it became just easier to do it yourself with a light bulb from home. or learn to work in the dark. Nothing got done, and not because good ideas weren't advanced, but because of the dizzying amount of people who actually had to have their input, debate, and then finally sign off on anything. By the time things are approved and implemented the damage is already done. This was the legacy of a bloated NDP civil service.

I used the light bulb metaphor because her favorite joke of her and other higher management friends used was

'How many civil servants does it take to change a light bulb?

"Answer: I'm not sure, I'll let you know in a few weeks when all the emails stop coming in."

Edited by GCn20

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

There are some Conservative policies I don't like as well as some CPC politicians but overall I think that we desperately need a change. I also think the CPC will provide us with better government.  That's how I feel & nothing will change it. And yeah, for every right wing crazy thre's a left wing crazy as well. 

People on the right keep saying this as I guess it helps them sleep at night, but there really is no truth to this in today's politics.

Name me one non Conservative Senator as batshit crazy as Denise Batters.

Name a "left wing crazy" for each of these right wing crazies:

Garnett Genuis

Michael Cooper

Michelle Ferrari

Pierre Poilievre

Ted Falk

Arnold Viersen

Danielle Smith

Mark Strahl

Derek Sloan

Cheryl Gallant

Marilyn Gladu

Tom Lukiwski

Rebecca Schulz

Doug Ford

Shall I go on?

On 2023-06-21 at 8:20 AM, GCn20 said:

I put in protest votes the last 2 elections. I am not a die hard CPC. I just won't waste my vote this year and will vote for the only option available to get rid of this current government. The NDP is just another vote for Trudeau right now. I'm not going to lose a second of sleep voting CPC if it means getting rid of this horrid government we have right now and force the Liberals to regroup and rethink things. I can't think of any government in my lifetime that has shown so little regard for the truth, and the citizens of Canada than this Liberal government. They need to be turfed.

https://twitter.com/ThoughtsNations/status/1671743885129961472

A "vote for the good of the economy" (Which it actually won't be, but we've been down that road) and vote to ignore your own peoples history!

Edited by Bigblue204

2 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

People on the right keep saying this as I guess it helps them sleep at night, but there really is no truth to this in today's politics.

Garnett Genuis

Michael Cooper

Michelle Ferrari

Pierre Poilievre

Ted Falk

Arnold Viersen

Danielle Smith

Mark Strahl

Derek Sloan

Cheryl Gallant

Marilyn Gladu

Tom Lukiwski

Rebecca Schulz

Doug Ford

Shall I go on?

In Canada who would fit this left wing zealot label and why do they deserve this label? What are the specifics? And how could/is their ideology and approach impact my families world specifically?

7 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Garnett Genuis

Michael Cooper

Michelle Ferrari

Pierre Poilievre

Ted Falk

Arnold Viersen

Danielle Smith

Mark Strahl

Derek Sloan

Cheryl Gallant

Marilyn Gladu

Tom Lukiwski

Rebecca Schulz

Doug Ford

Shall I go on?

Pick 20 names, any 20, on the left and save me the effort since you seem to feel you have the divine right to just label people and therefore it is true, I will also ask for that same right. What a useless post you've made. Good god. This is why the left is leading polarization of politics right now. Disagree on any issue and you are crazy. What a crock.

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Huge swaths? PPC currently checks in at 2% of the popular vote.  And Bernier is currently at 0-4. Guibault is an extremist. Trudeau recruited him with the express desire for him to take over the Environment to do his dirty work. 

Ya no.  Conservative talking point.  The guy has dedicated his life advocating for human rights and environmental protection.  He's also really intelligent.  But he was also a climate activist that was involved with a stunt that involved scaling the CN tower to bring attention to climate change more than 20 years ago (when it really needed the attention).

I can see why the right find him so scary.

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Pick 20 names, any 20, on the left and save me the effort since you seem to feel you have the divine right to just label people and therefore it is true, I will also ask for that same right. What a useless post you've made. Good god. This is why the left is leading polarization of politics right now. Disagree on any issue and you are crazy. What a crock.

How 'bout you do your own work, chum?

12 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

In Canada who would fit this left wing zealot label and why do they deserve this label? What are the specifics? And how could/is their ideology and approach impact my families world specifically?

Tons would fit. Make up your own mind. Just as you guys reserve the right to call Pierre Poilievre or Doug Ford crazy, those on the right feel the same way about Justin Trudeau or Nikki Ashton for instance. You guys want to do hit an runs on every politician on the right but demand that anyone criticized on the left have an essay written as to why. It's a crock of **** double standard that you guys use. It is not crazy to want a better economy, a booming resource sector that creates wealth and employment, a decentralized federal government that respects provincial autonomy etc. You guys would love for all elections to be about virtue signalling but Canadian chequebooks are getting decimated right now and you can bet your bottom dollar that most Canadians want to talk economy, inflation, and housing right now. That's not crazy, that's just fact....but you guys will label it crazy and unimportant.

6 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Ya no.  Conservative talking point.  The guy has dedicated his life advocating for human rights and environmental protection.  He's also really intelligent.  But he was also a climate activist that was involved with a stunt that involved scaling the CN tower to bring attention to climate change more than 20 years ago (when it really needed the attention).

I can see why the right find him so scary.

How 'bout you do your own work, chum?

How about IDGAF about your opinion on what constitutes crazy because you have labelled some very good people as such. Therefore your little slanderous hit an run isn't worth my time and effort to respond to.  Shame on you. Disgusting. Everything that is wrong with politics right now stems from crap like that.

Edited by GCn20

12 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

How about IDGAF about your opinion on what constitutes crazy because you have labelled some very good people as such. Therefore your little slanderous hit an run isn't worth my time and effort to respond to.  Shame on you. Disgusting. Everything that is wrong with politics right now stems from crap like that.

If you can defend just 5 on my list as fit for office (I did not instigate the term "crazy" in this discussion, by the way) I will tell you why you are wrong.  It's no secret that it is Conservative policy not to allow interviews with legacy media during campaigns, because even they know they can't defend the "crazy".

Edited by Wideleft

2 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

If you can defend just 5 on my list as fit for office (I did not instigate the term "crazy" in this discussion, by the way) I will tell you why you are wrong.

I'm not going to play this game with you. You are going over the top calling elected officials crazy because they don't share your world view and this has been coming from the left of centre for too long now and it is the lowest form of politics there is and is nothing but divisive. Gross. You can tell me I'm wrong about anything you like, unfortunately for you, that just doesn't make it so. WTH do you think you are?

Edited by GCn20

Just now, GCn20 said:

I'm not going to play this game with you. You are going over the top calling elected officials crazy because they don't share your world view and this has been coming from the left of centre for too long now and it is the lowest form of politics there is and is nothing but divisive. Gross.

Projection.