Canadian Politics

11 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Looks like the Con's ended up narrowly edigng the Grits in that Oxford riding. Shame...

Edited by Noeller

https://twitter.com/i/status/1671198902941253632

Meet Branden Leslie, Pierre Poilievre’s newest Conservative MP. Watch as he promises to push his party even farther to the right with his pro-life, pro-convoy, pro-conversion therapy views. Canadians deserve to know that Branden’s goal is to push the CPC even farther right.

I'm a centrist CPC supporter! :wacko:

Meanwhile in Alberta, David Parker the leader of the Take Back Alberta movement that backstopped Smith, has emerged from radio silence during the election period and is once again out promoting methods of discrimination among the masses.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1669873407989800961

https://twitter.com/thebreakdownab/status/1670093706026967040?s=21

Sorry, no idea how to display twitter lately.

On 6/19/2023 at 11:15 AM, 17to85 said:

On one hand you lament the crazies taking over conservative parties and hope the moderates can reclaim control, on the other hand you blindly keep voting for them giving them exactly 0 reason to change. 

I believe that even in their current state the CPC is better for Canada then a Trudeau led Liberal party and its band of liars and criminals. I hope when PP is PM he gives Trudeau the Trump treatment so he can live in shame for his corruption.

Edited by GCn20

23 hours ago, Noeller said:
In response to numerous media reports, the RCMP can confirm it is not investigating allegations of political interference in the trial of SNC Lavalin.

The police were investigating this right up until January for possible obstruction charges. They did not file charges but no investigation goes on for two years unless something stunk to high heaven nor did they say he was innocent.  The fact that you guys are bragging that Trudeau got away with breaking the law is laughable.

Edited by GCn20

19 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Heresy! There is only one Mad Max and he drives an Interceptor!

24464010-7980427-Mel_Gibson_drove_the_Interceptor_in_the_first_two_films_before_i-a-19_1581134144888.jpg

In other news...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/brian-mulroney-defends-trudeau-parliameFLnt-gossip-trash-1.6882315

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

I believe that even in their current state the CPC is better for Canada then a Trudeau led Liberal party and its band of liars and criminals. I hope when PP is PM he gives Trudeau the Trump treatment so he can live in shame for his corruption.

So you are telling them it's ok to move further and further right. 

I mean cripes it's not a case of Trudeau or the conservatives.  There's lots of options! I don't believe I'll be voting for either. You want parties to change? Stop voting for them.

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

The police were investigating this right up until January for possible obstruction charges. They did not file charges but no investigation goes on for two years unless something stunk to high heaven nor did they say he was innocent.  The fact that you guys are bragging that Trudeau got away with breaking the law is laughable.

Yes, because the RCMP does that sort of thing... 

Like, ALL the time. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I mean cripes it's not a case of Trudeau or the conservatives.  There's lots of options! I don't believe I'll be voting for either. You want parties to change? Stop voting for them.

I think he likes the direction this one party is taking just based on his posts I’ve read.

36 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I think he likes the direction this one party is taking just based on his posts I’ve read.

Who the **** cares- we really shouldn't. He's a self-admitted troll, who knows what he really believes. 

Anything to mess with the lefties here on MBB.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

5 hours ago, GCn20 said:

From her unbridled enthusiasm in the following video it sure seems like Michelle Rempel already knew this story had a short shelf life and was about to get pulled, she's almost peeing her pants she's so excited.

https://twitter.com/nlmedia11/status/1670859466739261441

To quote Rempel:
"Okay huge news is breaking, you need to share this video, this news has to get out here."

"You got to share this video because we have to get it out through all these news bands before Justin Trudeau shuts them down."

It's a weird coincidence this story broke on the morning of a byelection.

11 hours ago, JCon said:

PPC and CPC are the same party. Same set of voters. 

No, not at all. The PPC are a party of anti vaxxers, religious zealots, pro life & conspiracy theorists. None of which I am. I think Bernier is a total fool & has created the PPC & says whatever he thinks will get him votes. I would never vote for him or the PPC. I'm a CPC supporter. I laughed when I read he lost. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, not at all. The PPC are a party of anti vaxxers, religious zealots, pro life & conspiracy theorists. None of which I am. I think Bernier is a total fool & has created the PPC & says whatever he thinks will get him votes. I would never vote for him or the PPC. I'm a CPC supporter. I laughed when I read he lost. 

The calls are coming from inside your party. 

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Perhaps you haven't introduced yourself to the new Conservative MP from Portage-Lisgar.

giphy.gif

The cpc are full of them too.... just because there are some others along for the ride doesn't mean they aren't there and aren't taking charge if the party.

12 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I put in protest votes the last 2 elections. I am not a die hard CPC. I just won't waste my vote this year and will vote for the only option available to get rid of this current government. The NDP is just another vote for Trudeau right now. I'm not going to lose a second of sleep voting CPC if it means getting rid of this horrid government we have right now and force the Liberals to regroup and rethink things. I can't think of any government in my lifetime that has shown so little regard for the truth, and the citizens of Canada than this Liberal government. They need to be turfed.

Edited by GCn20

The Libs and NDP will paint everyone who doesn't vote for them as right wing zealots and claim they fully occupy the middle of spectrum exclusively. Anything to the right are baby killing racists. It is part of their game plan for the last several years and it's a crock. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a voter who wants small government, fiscal restraint, and lower taxation and a move away from Keynesian economics. Don't let the never ending attempts to label us get to you, it's just garbage. The vast majority of CPC voters and members surf very close to the middle of the political spectrum and lean slightly right. The PPC are wingnuts, and so too are some members of the CPC.....but that doesn't mean that the Liberals and NDP don't have their fair share of the same....but we're not supposed to talk about that.

Edited by GCn20