Canadian Politics

12 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

So you think whomever the PCs pick would win in 2027?Not sure I see such a candidate, weak group to pick from.

She's as good a fall guy as they need. Then the Cons can wring their hands and blame the public for not accepting a woman as premier, and therefore not the fault of their politics.

52 minutes ago, Tracker said:

She's as good a fall guy as they need. Then the Cons can wring their hands and blame the public for not accepting a woman as premier, and therefore not the fault of their politics.

Taking that logic a little further...the NDP can do the same with Wab Kinew

Keep in mind...they elected him when the PCs were in very little danger of losing an election

43 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Taking that logic a little further...the NDP can do the same with Wab Kinew

Keep in mind...they elected him when the PCs were in very little danger of losing an election

Which then circles back to can you please get back to governing, true leadership and stop playing your weaselly games.

Just the fact that she would even discuss such an illogical idea publicly and see no problem with it is worrisome. 

This is from Nov 13, 2019

Just interviewed Gerard Lucyshyn from the

about redrawing Alberta's and Saskatchewan's borders to correct an historic wrong and give us access to deepwater ports at #PrinceRupert and #Churchill. What say you BC and Manitoba? #ableg #cdnpoli

18 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Just the fact that she would even discuss such an illogical idea publicly and see no problem with it is worrisome. 

This is from Nov 13, 2019

Just interviewed Gerard Lucyshyn from the

about redrawing Alberta's and Saskatchewan's borders to correct an historic wrong and give us access to deepwater ports at #PrinceRupert and #Churchill. What say you BC and Manitoba? #ableg #cdnpoli

One thing she really did good was to sharm and weasel her way with enough UCP paid members to get her into the premier chair to try to make these absurd thoughts come to life before the next election happens.

She and her gang of bandits should be forced to call an election immediately because this lunacy and other lunatic ‘ideas’ she and her crew have was not put forward to the people of Alberta to vote on. This is insane how she can do this when the original Premier resigns and she does what she thinks ‘we’ want.

24 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You are all losing your minds over something that is never going to happen. They can't redraw boundaries into other provincial jurisdictions. Relax for crissakes or get a funny bone. This is all comedy relief. 

I'll remember this post when Notley wins (pray to everything holy) and you lose your mind about how the communists are taking over and the world is going to hell... 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

The sheer insanity..... 

OK so paper straws suck ass, especially with little kids... but you know what I do? I bought some stainless steel straws for the kids to use and I just deal with the paper straws, or you know.. .drink without a straw like a man... and keep on living my life. 

Of all the things to get pissy about ******* straws. This woman needs to get the **** gone yesterday. 

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You are all losing your minds over something that is never going to happen. They can't redraw boundaries into other provincial jurisdictions. Relax for crissakes or get a funny bone. This is all comedy relief. 

That's not really the point.

She continues to set a knuckledragging tone in our province (Alberta vs Ottawa, anti science, anti consequence for actions etc etc etc etc) like it's priority one for the majority of Albertans.

It's not.

I love humour like the next person but I gotta say its frustrating to hell how she was able to slither her way into a position of authority to breath more life into the mouth breathers with their desecration/misuse of the Canadian flag, their F Trudeau decals proudly plastered all over their trucks and their lack of understanding of anything complex.

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The whole Alberta UCP is comedy relief. Unintended, but comedy nevertheless.

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What message do you think is being conveyed in the tweet below? 

w2tiA72.png

How subtle, is closeted racism funny too?

4 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

What message do you think is being conveyed in the tweet below? 

w2tiA72.png

How subtle, is closeted racism funny too?

What closeted racism since the video doesn't play? Like I said, you guys are foaming at the mouth over everything she says. This is the point. To get under your skin the way the PQ & BQ does. That is the whole point of Smith & the UCP. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What closeted racism since the video doesn't play? Like I said, you guys are foaming at the mouth over everything she says. This is the point. To get under your skin the way the PQ & BQ does. That is the whole point of Smith & the UCP. 

What is the only part of that black and white image to be in colour?  

16 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

What is the only part of that black and white image to be in colour?  

You know, until you mentioned it, I hadn't noticed. Singh is like the last pick in the 7th round of the NFL Draft. He's Mr. Irrelevant. The deal to support the Liberals is like him beating Tom Brady today. Personally, I have about as much respect for Singh as most of you do for Smith. I don't like him. And for the record, I don't like Smith either as she's handing the province back to the NDP. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

C'mon man, you ain't that dumb.  The premier of your province intentionally included that "colourised" black and white photo in her message as a wink and a nod to anyone with racist inclinations that might vote for her.  But you're right it isn't "closeted racism", it's blatant.

18 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

C'mon man, you ain't that dumb.  The premier of your province intentionally included that "colourised" black and white photo in her message as a wink and a nod to anyone with racist inclinations that might vote for her.  But you're right it isn't "closeted racism", it's blatant.

That's a bit of a reach imo.