Canadian Politics

On 2022-11-25 at 4:48 PM, max power said:

LOL, obviously I'm talking about the videos. Which have clips from all sorts of people, including the CDC and Fauci. But yeah I'm the braindead one here. I'm sure you'll never watch them. I might not want to face some of that either if I'd been like that.

You're right about one thing though, covidiots like me aren't the biggest victims here. At least not the ones that haven't lost their jobs or had their lives ruined in other ways. I'm fine. I haven't spent 2.5 years of my life wallowing in fear and hatred of my fellow citizens because of a bunch of cynical politicians and ass-covering doctors.

Does anyone know where my post with the video of all the politicians and health experts promising that the vaccine stopped transmission went? Did it get deleted for some reason? Or am I too dumb to see it on here.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Cruelty is the point. 

I think it is equally the aim of the PCs and the like to starve government social services to the point where people give up any hope that any government will be there to help them in any way at a time of need. This may create in many distrust and fatalism, so that the more highly motivated fanatical adherents of the right wing will comprise enough of a majority to keep the PCs and such in power permanently with a free hand to create a predatory autocratic state.

3 minutes ago, max power said:

Does anyone know where my post with the video of all the politicians and health experts promising that the vaccine stopped transmission went? Did it get deleted for some reason? Or am I too dumb to see it on here.

You are obviously trolling if you are believing that the vaccine was promised to stop all transmission dead in its tracks. It never was, and the biggest reason that the pandemic spread so far and wide was that the populist provincial governments introduced measures which were late in coming and insufficient and the flat-earthers and "true believers" sabotaged the isolation and protective measures wherever they could, including threatening to kill doctors and nurses. You are on the wrong side of both science and history.

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

You are obviously trolling if you are believing that the vaccine was promised to stop all transmission dead in its tracks. It never was, and the biggest reason that the pandemic spread so far and wide was that the populist provincial governments introduced measures which were late in coming and insufficient and the flat-earthers and "true believers" sabotaged the isolation and protective measures wherever they could, including threatening to kill doctors and nurses. You are on the wrong side of both science and history.

LOL. The video I posted had clips of Biden, Fauci, the head of the CDC, all saying that the vaccine stops transmission dead in its tracks.

Deleting that obvious and blatant video proof off a Blue Bomber message board doesn't make these obvious truths go away. But I guess it does help you to continue to live in your weird left-wing echo chamber here?

Here's another one in case someone stumbles on here who wants to be reminded about how we were knowingly lied to about the covid vaccines.

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Yes, we know.

Check out my latest video on here before it gets deleted, genius!

On 2022-12-04 at 1:30 PM, GCn20 said:

Exactly right.

And he paid for it at the polls. It's such a red herring to dig up previous governments follies from close to a decade ago. The voters have spoken on that already.

That litany of offenses that Harper's government was laid out because of this.

On 2022-12-03 at 4:24 PM, 17to85 said:

Deep down Harper may be a far right lunatic but he also didn't govern like that. Honestly he was a pretty do nothing prime minister to be honest.

15 hours ago, max power said:

LOL. The video I posted had clips of Biden, Fauci, the head of the CDC, all saying that the vaccine stops transmission dead in its tracks.

Deleting that obvious and blatant video proof off a Blue Bomber message board doesn't make these obvious truths go away. But I guess it does help you to continue to live in your weird left-wing echo chamber here?

Here's another one in case someone stumbles on here who wants to be reminded about how we were knowingly lied to about the covid vaccines.

Check out my latest video on here before it gets deleted, genius!

Your videos are not posting here because the tweets you get them from are protected by the creators like the self-proclaimed “far-right anti-vax” John Smith, who warns us he will block anyone right off the bat if they don’t agree with his mindset, or, *gasp*, “use pronouns. So unless we follow them and muzzle any dissenting opinions we are unable to see why you want us to see.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’ve always been skeptical of any person who proclaims a theory but won’t let it stand up to the scrutiny of a challenge to its credibility and only targets those who have to take a “we accept this narrative” stance to be allowed to hear the theory in the first place. 

33 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Your videos are not posting here because the tweets you get them from are protected by the creators like the self-proclaimed “far-right anti-vax” John Smith, who warns us he will block anyone right off the bat if they don’t agree with his mindset, or, *gasp*, “use pronouns. So unless we follow them and muzzle any dissenting opinions we are unable to see why you want us to see.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’ve always been skeptical of any person who proclaims a theory but won’t let it stand up to the scrutiny of a challenge to its credibility and only targets those who have to take a “we accept this narrative” stance to be allowed to hear the theory in the first place. 

That's too bad. I didn't follow that account, I found it by searching for it. Seems the account doesn't exist now. It worked for me yesterday. The first video I posted, my entire post disappeared.

Your second paragraph is truly the height of irony given what's gone on in the past year or two.

Here's the same video again. Try not to get too hung up on the accounts who post these. If you won't even take seriously the words coming right out of the mouths of the experts you claim to follow, just because the video is posted by someone you disagree with politically, you are very closed-minded.

26 minutes ago, max power said:

That's too bad. I didn't follow that account, I found it by searching for it. Seems the account doesn't exist now. It worked for me yesterday. The first video I posted, my entire post disappeared.

Your second paragraph is truly the height of irony given what's gone on in the past year or two.

Here's the same video again. Try not to get too hung up on the accounts who post these. If you won't even take seriously the words coming right out of the mouths of the experts you claim to follow, just because the video is posted by someone you disagree with politically, you are very closed-minded.

When were those clips taken? During which surge? Wild type, Alpha, Delta, Omicron?

There is a lot of cherry picked quotes here that the actual context (and factual) is left out- then reframed by bad actors in bad faith...

Seriously what am I missing here?

Pretty gross how this thread can get derailed by garbage posts steeped in conspiracy theories and willfull ignorance.

Anyway, back to reality: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/auditor-general-pandemic-benefits-vaccines-1.6675729

The federal government succeeded in quickly securing and distributing COVID-19 vaccines and rolling out pandemic benefits to help people and backstop the economy, but wasted millions of doses and gave billions in benefits to ineligible recipients, the Auditor General of Canada says. 

Karen Hogan's fall audits, which were released Tuesday, give the government a mixed pandemic report card, saying that while benefit programs were swift and did what they were supposed to do, they were also wasteful and lacked proper verification. 

"In 2020, the government decided to rely on information provided by applicants and limit pre-payment controls to expedite helping people and employers affected by the pandemic," Hogan said in a statement. "In doing so, it recognized that there was a risk that some payments would go to ineligible recipients."

The audit of benefits "found that overpayments of $4.6 billion were made to ineligible individuals, and we estimated that at least $27.4 billion of payments to individuals and employers should be investigated further," she said.

Hogan's audit of pandemic benefits warns that while $2.3 billion in overpayments had been recovered by this summer, the federal government may be running out of time to identify and recover the rest because of legislative time limits. 

In its analysis, the Auditor General's Office looked at:

• the Canada Worker Lockdown Benefit.
  • Canada Recovery Benefit.
  • Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit.
  • Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit.
  • Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), including the Employment Insurance Emergency Response Benefit and the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy.

9 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

When were those clips taken? During which surge? Wild type, Alpha, Delta, Omicron?

There is a lot of cherry picked quotes here that the actual context (and factual) is left out- then reframed by bad actors in bad faith...

This also reminds me of a story I read during the height of the pandemic of a American nurse who was treating someone of this ilk for an unrelated condition. While this person was going off on this vaccine and not wanting to live in fear and it's all a ruse, she was pumping him full of 5 or 6 substances without a whisper from him of what was in these substances and what it's level of effectiveness was.      

1 hour ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

The dates are on the video, for every single clip.

Although it doesn't really matter which surge. The vaccine never stopped transmission. Recently they admitted that they never even tested it for transmission. Didn't stop them from making all those proclamations.

What you are missing here is the cherry picked quotes and data by bad actors in bad faith have mostly been coming from the supposed experts.

I can't imagine having as much faith in the government as all you guys seem to have.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Pretty gross how this thread can get derailed by garbage posts steeped in conspiracy theories and willfull ignorance.

Anyway, back to reality: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/auditor-general-pandemic-benefits-vaccines-1.6675729

Derailed = a single person presenting a differing point of view. Great politics discussion you have here. LOL.

Have a great week. Go Bombers.

The auditor general revealed today that 27.4 BILLION dollars went out to ineligible recipients of various covid relief programs and that a lot of it will be unrecoverable. As a taxpayer of this country this concerns me. I don't care what political stripe you are, this should concern you too. I hope Trudeau does the right thing and calls a public inquiry into this for the sake of transparency, and to make sure that such disastrous roll out of benefits will never be repeated. This is gross mismanagement on a historic level and I would like to know who needs to lose their jobs for this.

35 minutes ago, max power said:

Although it doesn't really matter which surge. The vaccine never stopped transmission. Recently they admitted that they never even tested it for transmission. Didn't stop them from making all those proclamations.

What you are missing here is the cherry picked quotes and data by bad actors in bad faith have mostly been coming from the supposed experts.

I can't imagine having as much faith in the government as all you guys seem to have.

Derailed = a single person presenting a differing point of view. Great politics discussion you have here. LOL.

Have a great week. Go Bombers.

Don't you have an empty flag holder on your pickup truck to take care of?

33 minutes ago, max power said:

It matters what variant and the dates:

The first few clips were during Wild and Alpha- both of which saw reduced transmission with the vaccinces... they weren't wrong. It never stopped 100%, but it helped reduce the transmission. 

The other ones between march 2021 and on were dealing with Delta, which also showed reduced transmission (not as well as in wild and Alpha, but it helped). 

It's when Omicron kicked in that the original vaccines showed very little effect on the transmissibility. this occurred in 2022.  

So these asshats are comparing the statements made back then when the vaccines showed reduced transmission to today when comparing omicron variant... this is how virus work- they mutate and we try to keep up with them. 

Also, you are missing the original intent of all the mandates and such- to save the health care system. 

Anyways- nice try. Please stop with the misinformation, it serves no purpose. 

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

The auditor general revealed today that 27.4 BILLION dollars went out to ineligible recipients of various covid relief programs and that a lot of it will be unrecoverable. As a taxpayer of this country this concerns me. I don't care what political stripe you are, this should concern you too. I hope Trudeau does the right thing and calls a public inquiry into this for the sake of transparency, and to make sure that such disastrous roll out of benefits will never be repeated. This is gross mismanagement on a historic level and I would like to know who needs to lose their jobs for this.

I for one was happy that they erred on the side of making sure people that needed it, got it. 

Nothing worse than people needing assistance and getting ****** by red tape. 

Don't get me wrong- it sucks that so much cash was misallocated, but if it's either that or people that need help won't get it- I'd opt for the option where people get the timely assistance they need. 

I hope they took into account the cost of the possibility of the housing market imploding because of foreclosures and renters being evicted and so on. That would have been an enormous cost to tax payers.

But I do agree with you, there needs to be some inquiry into how this was handled, so we can learn from it and make better decisions next time. 

I'm good with how that unfolded. 

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-pfizer-transmission-european-parliament-950413863226

THE FACTS: After Small testified before the European Parliament’s Special Committee on the COVID-19 Pandemic, misleading claims about whether Pfizer knew the impact of its COVID-19 vaccine on preventing transmission spread widely on social media.

Rob Roos, a Dutch European Parliament member who asked Small a question about transmission at the hearing, tweeted: “BREAKING: In COVID hearing, #Pfizer director admits: #vaccine was never tested on preventing transmission. ‘Get vaccinated for others’ was always a lie. The only purpose of the #COVID passport: forcing people to get vaccinated. The world needs to know. Share this video!”

The tweet, which included a video showing the exchange between Roos and Small, had received more than 232,000 likes and more than 166,000 shares by Thursday.

Other social media posts about the hearing used the hashtag #PfizerLiedPeopleDied.

At the hearing, Roos asked Small whether Pfizer had tested its COVID-19 vaccine for its ability to prevent transmission of the virus prior to its market release. Small answered: “No. We had to really move at the speed of science to really understand what is taking place in the market.” She went on to explain why Pfizer moved quickly to develop a COVID-19 vaccine as the virus spread worldwide.

While Roos and many others framed this as a new revelation, Pfizer never claimed that its clinical trial, upon which the vaccine was authorized for use, evaluated the shot’s effect on transmission. In fact, shortly before the vaccine’s release, the company’s CEO emphasized that this was still being evaluated.

study funded by Pfizer and German vaccine maker BioNTech published in the New England Journal of Medicine on Dec. 10, 2020, a day before the Food and Drug Administration gave Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine emergency use authorization, did not include data about the vaccine’s effectiveness at reducing transmission of the virus.

Instead, it reported that two doses of the vaccine provided 95% protection against contracting symptomatic COVID-19 in people 16 and older. Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla also said in a December 2020 interview with NBC News that it was still unclear whether vaccinated individuals could carry the virus and transmit it to others.

“I think this is something that needs to be examined,” he told the network. “We are not certain about that right now.”

The FDA stated in a Dec. 11, 2020, press release announcing the authorization of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine that “at this time, data are not available to make a determination about how long the vaccine will provide protection, nor is there evidence that the vaccine prevents transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from person to person.”

A Pfizer spokesperson told The Associated Press that its clinical trial was designed to evaluate the efficacy of its COVID-19 vaccine in preventing disease caused by the COVID-19 virus, including severe illness.

“Stopping transmission was not a study endpoint,” the spokesperson wrote in an email.

Asked for comment, Roos told the AP that he was not making a point about Pfizer, but about government mandates for the COVID-19 vaccines.

“I take fundamental rights seriously,” Roos wrote in an email. “For governments to infringe on them, they need a massive amount of evidence to prove the necessity. In this case, it was not even a part of the Pfizer trials.” He said that such mandates were based on “no evidence.”

But experts and research say that the COVID-19 vaccines have provided benefits in terms of limiting infections and transmission, at least with earlier variants of the virus and for a period of time after being vaccinated.

Dr. Walter Orenstein, associate director of the vaccine center at Emory University, told the AP that the fact that Pfizer did not address the vaccine’s impact on transmission during clinical trials is not unusual, because transmission is a complex metric to measure.

“It’s much more difficult to evaluate impact on transmission,” Orenstein, a professor of infectious diseases at the Emory School of Medicine, wrote in an email. “What is usually done is a randomized placebo controlled study, in which the recipients are ‘blinded (i.e., do not know whether they received placebo or vaccine.’”

Public officials have suggested on multiple occasions that COVID-19 vaccines prevent transmission, but that’s an overstatement. For example, in an October 2021 speech in Illinois, President Joe Biden said: “We’re making sure healthcare workers are vaccinated, because if you seek care at a healthcare facility, you should have the certainty that…the people providing that care are protected from COVID and cannot spread it to you. ”

While the vaccines do not eliminate all transmission, they can help. Studies done after distribution of the COVID-19 vaccines began, including research by Pfizer, did find that the company’s shot reduced asymptomatic infections in addition to symptomatic cases with earlier variants of the virus. Researchers in the United Kingdom reported in a February observational study that Pfizer’s vaccine helped cut transmission of the alpha and delta variants.

“Our study from earlier in the year shows that the Pfizer vaccine reduces transmission from people with breakthrough infections, at least in the 3 months post vaccine which we studied,” Dr. David Eyre, a professor of infectious diseases at the University of Oxford and lead author of the study, wrote in an email.

Experts have told the AP that while the original COVID-19 vaccines provide less protection against infection with the highly contagious omicron variant, they still protect against serious outcomes.

The CDC stated in an August report that receiving only the first one or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine “provides minimal protection against infection and transmission” and that being up to date on all recommended booster doses “provides a transient period of increased protection against infection and transmission after the most recent dose, although protection can wane over time.”

Dr. Paul Offit, a member of the FDA’s Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee, explained that while the vaccines do provide neutralizing antibodies, which help protect against infection, those kinds of antibodies quickly wane — even as protection against serious illness continues to last.

“It is fair to say that when you get a vaccine that clearly decreases your chance of getting infected, it does,” said Offit, who is also the director of the Vaccine Education Center at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. “And therefore it decreases your chance of spreading it to others. But it’s not in any way absolute.”

Offit added that messaging to the public around the vaccines early on was flawed and should have been focused on their core benefit — preventing serious illness and hospitalization — since many would later cast doubt on the vaccines’ success because of “breakthrough infections.”

1 minute ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I for one was happy that they erred on the side of making sure people that needed it, got it. 

Nothing worse than people needing assistance and getting ****** by red tape. 

Don't get me wrong- it sucks that so much cash was misallocated, but if it's either that or people that need help won't get it- I'd opt for the option where people get the timely assistance they need. 

I hope they took into account the cost of the possibility of the housing market imploding because of foreclosures and renters being evicted and so on. That would have been an enormous cost to tax payers.

But I do agree with you, there needs to be some inquiry into how this was handled, so we can learn from it and make better decisions next time. 

I'm good with how that unfolded. 

`100% this. Listen, there was a (hopefully) once in a lifetime pandemic, where they had to make quick decisions..mistakes were bound to be made. But I honestly believe they had the right idea and attempted to do the right thing. I'd rather see too much  money go out by accident rather than not enough and people who need it NOT get the money. 

11 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-pfizer-transmission-european-parliament-950413863226

THE FACTS: After Small testified before the European Parliament’s Special Committee on the COVID-19 Pandemic, misleading claims about whether Pfizer knew the impact of its COVID-19 vaccine on preventing transmission spread widely on social media.

Rob Roos, a Dutch European Parliament member who asked Small a question about transmission at the hearing, tweeted: “BREAKING: In COVID hearing, #Pfizer director admits: #vaccine was never tested on preventing transmission. ‘Get vaccinated for others’ was always a lie. The only purpose of the #COVID passport: forcing people to get vaccinated. The world needs to know. Share this video!”

The tweet, which included a video showing the exchange between Roos and Small, had received more than 232,000 likes and more than 166,000 shares by Thursday.

Other social media posts about the hearing used the hashtag #PfizerLiedPeopleDied.

At the hearing, Roos asked Small whether Pfizer had tested its COVID-19 vaccine for its ability to prevent transmission of the virus prior to its market release. Small answered: “No. We had to really move at the speed of science to really understand what is taking place in the market.” She went on to explain why Pfizer moved quickly to develop a COVID-19 vaccine as the virus spread worldwide.

While Roos and many others framed this as a new revelation, Pfizer never claimed that its clinical trial, upon which the vaccine was authorized for use, evaluated the shot’s effect on transmission. In fact, shortly before the vaccine’s release, the company’s CEO emphasized that this was still being evaluated.

study funded by Pfizer and German vaccine maker BioNTech published in the New England Journal of Medicine on Dec. 10, 2020, a day before the Food and Drug Administration gave Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine emergency use authorization, did not include data about the vaccine’s effectiveness at reducing transmission of the virus.

Instead, it reported that two doses of the vaccine provided 95% protection against contracting symptomatic COVID-19 in people 16 and older. Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla also said in a December 2020 interview with NBC News that it was still unclear whether vaccinated individuals could carry the virus and transmit it to others.

“I think this is something that needs to be examined,” he told the network. “We are not certain about that right now.”

The FDA stated in a Dec. 11, 2020, press release announcing the authorization of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine that “at this time, data are not available to make a determination about how long the vaccine will provide protection, nor is there evidence that the vaccine prevents transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from person to person.”

A Pfizer spokesperson told The Associated Press that its clinical trial was designed to evaluate the efficacy of its COVID-19 vaccine in preventing disease caused by the COVID-19 virus, including severe illness.

“Stopping transmission was not a study endpoint,” the spokesperson wrote in an email.

Asked for comment, Roos told the AP that he was not making a point about Pfizer, but about government mandates for the COVID-19 vaccines.

“I take fundamental rights seriously,” Roos wrote in an email. “For governments to infringe on them, they need a massive amount of evidence to prove the necessity. In this case, it was not even a part of the Pfizer trials.” He said that such mandates were based on “no evidence.”

But experts and research say that the COVID-19 vaccines have provided benefits in terms of limiting infections and transmission, at least with earlier variants of the virus and for a period of time after being vaccinated.

Dr. Walter Orenstein, associate director of the vaccine center at Emory University, told the AP that the fact that Pfizer did not address the vaccine’s impact on transmission during clinical trials is not unusual, because transmission is a complex metric to measure.

“It’s much more difficult to evaluate impact on transmission,” Orenstein, a professor of infectious diseases at the Emory School of Medicine, wrote in an email. “What is usually done is a randomized placebo controlled study, in which the recipients are ‘blinded (i.e., do not know whether they received placebo or vaccine.’”

Public officials have suggested on multiple occasions that COVID-19 vaccines prevent transmission, but that’s an overstatement. For example, in an October 2021 speech in Illinois, President Joe Biden said: “We’re making sure healthcare workers are vaccinated, because if you seek care at a healthcare facility, you should have the certainty that…the people providing that care are protected from COVID and cannot spread it to you. ”

While the vaccines do not eliminate all transmission, they can help. Studies done after distribution of the COVID-19 vaccines began, including research by Pfizer, did find that the company’s shot reduced asymptomatic infections in addition to symptomatic cases with earlier variants of the virus. Researchers in the United Kingdom reported in a February observational study that Pfizer’s vaccine helped cut transmission of the alpha and delta variants.

“Our study from earlier in the year shows that the Pfizer vaccine reduces transmission from people with breakthrough infections, at least in the 3 months post vaccine which we studied,” Dr. David Eyre, a professor of infectious diseases at the University of Oxford and lead author of the study, wrote in an email.

Experts have told the AP that while the original COVID-19 vaccines provide less protection against infection with the highly contagious omicron variant, they still protect against serious outcomes.

The CDC stated in an August report that receiving only the first one or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine “provides minimal protection against infection and transmission” and that being up to date on all recommended booster doses “provides a transient period of increased protection against infection and transmission after the most recent dose, although protection can wane over time.”

Dr. Paul Offit, a member of the FDA’s Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee, explained that while the vaccines do provide neutralizing antibodies, which help protect against infection, those kinds of antibodies quickly wane — even as protection against serious illness continues to last.

“It is fair to say that when you get a vaccine that clearly decreases your chance of getting infected, it does,” said Offit, who is also the director of the Vaccine Education Center at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. “And therefore it decreases your chance of spreading it to others. But it’s not in any way absolute.”

Offit added that messaging to the public around the vaccines early on was flawed and should have been focused on their core benefit — preventing serious illness and hospitalization — since many would later cast doubt on the vaccines’ success because of “breakthrough infections.”

Nice post. Thank for that.

This should put to bed any refute from @max power  but, it's not going to... BUT BUT BUT MuH FrEeDUmBs!!!!

What I'd like to see is a breakdown of what employers/corporations received assistance who likely didn't and likely won't repay what they owe. Bell, Rogers, and Telus all come to mind (https://www.thestar.com/business/2021/02/08/top-telecoms-took-in-almost-a-quarter-billion-dollars-from-canadas-wage-subsidy-program-and-kept-paying-dividends.html)

Government oversight was sorely lacking and an inquiry should be undertaken, but the rampant and reckless greed of slimy corporate interests during a pandemic and their lack of accountability after the fact should make anyone's blood boil, regardless of political lean.

41 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Nice post. Thank for that.

This should put to bed any refute from @max power  but, it's not going to... BUT BUT BUT MuH FrEeDUmBs!!!!

I mean it doesn't... a lot of it just proves my point, and some of it's based on highly suspect research.

But anyways, the amount of hate you guys are spewing towards me over this is telling too. Freedumb, Flutraxclan, being called an idiot in all sorts of new ways. I came on here originally to comment on the trucker convoys. The attitude by you guys just proves why it was needed. It's disgraceful, and you all think you're the good guys.

1 minute ago, max power said:

I mean it doesn't... a lot of it just proves my point, and some of it's based on highly suspect research.

Yet, a sketchy AF video mashed together from a very suspect source is better? 

How do you reconcile that gap in logic?

1 minute ago, max power said:

But anyways, the amount of hate you guys are spewing towards me over this is telling too. Freedumb, Flutraxclan, being called an idiot in all sorts of new ways. I came on here originally to comment on the trucker convoys. The attitude by you guys just proves why it was needed. It's disgraceful, and you all think you're the good guys.

It's not hate- I don't hate you or any of the people that fall prey to the misinformation- I am just really... and I mean really ******* tired of it and have exhausted my patience with people refuting sound science with sources from some dude named "Armed with knowledge and my AR15" off of facebook that became an expert because of 20k mules or some **** like that. Seriously, three ******* years of this... my once seemingly infinite well of patience has run dry.

It's irritation and being fed up- not hate. 

41 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

What I'd like to see is a breakdown of what employers/corporations received assistance who likely didn't and likely won't repay what they owe. Bell, Rogers, and Telus all come to mind (https://www.thestar.com/business/2021/02/08/top-telecoms-took-in-almost-a-quarter-billion-dollars-from-canadas-wage-subsidy-program-and-kept-paying-dividends.html)

Government oversight was sorely lacking and an inquiry should be undertaken, but the rampant and reckless greed of slimy corporate interests during a pandemic and their lack of accountability after the fact should make anyone's blood boil, regardless of political lean.

Totally agree. I want an inquiry to fix this problem for the future, and I wanna know why so much is unrecoverable. I am not opposed to the pandemic stimulus spending, and I am not opposed to getting it out in a rush. What I am opposed to is how the hell billions of dollars were paid out to people who didn't qualify but is somehow unrecoverable. I get the predicament the government was in, and I just wanna make sure that some answers are given and some planning is in place so that the next time this happens we get full value without the financial abuse. Not trying to pin one on the Liberals here.

Edited by GCn20