Canadian Politics

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

As have all useless cons. It's all a blame game without a fundamental understanding of inflation and the factors that cause it. 

You really have to speak slowly or Cons get that glazed over look and say, 'ef Trudeau'. Drool. 

You are such a condescending ******. You think you are making a point but all you are doing is hating on people who disagree with you and not really adding nothing.

On 2022-12-06 at 10:53 AM, max power said:

The dates are on the video, for every single clip.

Although it doesn't really matter which surge. The vaccine never stopped transmission. Recently they admitted that they never even tested it for transmission. Didn't stop them from making all those proclamations.

What you are missing here is the cherry picked quotes and data by bad actors in bad faith have mostly been coming from the supposed experts.

I can't imagine having as much faith in the government as all you guys seem to have.

Derailed = a single person presenting a differing point of view. Great politics discussion you have here. LOL.

Have a great week. Go Bombers.

One of my issues with the government/Health experts throughout this thing has been the messaging around what they're doing and why. It's been a master class of how to **** it all up basically. Started with the "2 weeks" to flatten the curve. Moved on to masking and then eventually the vaccine. I believe part of the reasoning for what could be seen as flat out lies (stops transmission) comes from a misunderstanding of how the world works today among other things.

When it came to the 2 weeks to flatten the curve. I STILL hear people use that phrase as if it meant - 2 weeks of obedience = pandemic over. Anyone who thought that was possible in the age of flight is flat out idiot....full stop.... And anecdotally, the people I know personally who still go one about that are some of the, for lack of a better term, dumbest people I know. And I mean that in a didn't do well in high school at all type of way.

When it comes to things like stopping transmission. I actually agree with you. It was 100% said by people who should have known better. And it's my belief they did say things like that to convince people to get it. Knowing that if they said it doesn't stop transmission(like most vaccines), or we don't know...that there would be major push back and the vaccine may not be relevant in the fight at all. Was it right for them to do that? no. Where ever the message got mixed up, those people should have known better, the internet has changed everything including how fast information flows. It was only a matter of time before it became public knowledge. Hindsight is always 20/20 and looking back, it's a mistake that imo should cost people their lively hoods. Was greed involved 100%...they're humans like the rest of us and lost of money was on the table. Judge them for that if you want, but we all have a price. You can sit there and say you don't. But you're wrong. Was it human error, absolutely. If you've ever worked for someone, regardless of how small the company, you should understand how 1 persons can really **** up a lot of things. The bigger the company the more often that happens. When it's a global organization...there was bound to be some major major major mistakes. We aren't good enough for there not to be.

When it comes to myocarditis and other side effects of the vaccine. I honestly don't know what people were expecting. The flames were DEFINETLY fanned by the grifters (still are) claiming that myocarditis in young people is 1) new, which is a flat out lie and 2) a serious condition in most cases, again a flat out lie. But what I don't understand is this belief that there would be some magical cure (or IS some magical cure) with no side effects. There isn't a single medication on this planet that is safe for everyone to take. Not one. Nothing. Zip, nadda. That's not the way the universe seems to work.

The vast majority of my personal and professional circle has gotten the vaccine. Many people are on 4 or 5 shots now. I don't know a single person who has had a serious side effect occur. Not one. That cirlce includes, elderly, middle age, teen agers, young children, pregnant women etc etc etc. The vaccine has side effects. In some people, they can be severe. Does that mean it shouldn't be used? No. Not at all. To believe that is flat out ignorance of how the world works and how the human body works. It slows transmission, slows serious illness and gave us a chance to help out the failing systems the world over. IT WAS NOT PERFECT. That's ok nothing is or ever will be.

The grifters still talking about what will happen in ten years etc etc are doing so because they found their honey pot. Even if you're not giving them money directly, you are supporting them financially. Again, the internet has changed a lot of things. How people make money is certainly one of them. The people claiming they know how the RNA vaccines work because they helped invent them is very similar to someone who used to build cars in the 80's claiming they know how to work on a car built in 2022. They'll have a very basic understanding sure...but the devil is in the details. And they unless they've been brought up to date, they don't know ****.

Anyway...that's my ramblings and thoughts on the matter.

11 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

She didn't blame the carbon tax for inflation, she suggested suspending it would give people some much needed relief. You guys just spent the last few days taking down max power on his disinformation campaign. Be better yourselves.

I absolutely dislike that woman. But I agree. I'm not sure she's blaming inflation on that (alone anyway). 

11 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Bingo. The complex and sometimes convoluted nature of the world's economic and geopolitical systems seems lost on them at the best of times.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/mapped-which-countries-have-the-highest-inflation/

And she presented no evidence of this claim. Try again.

Sorry but what evidence would be needed? Honestly, what would you want to see?

4 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

GC, why do you think Wab will be a one term premier? Who do you think the PCs pick to replace Heather?

Yeah I've heard this before and I don't get it. I think after the mess of the PCs. NDP could elect an actual groundhog and they'd hold power for a while.

8 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I absolutely dislike that woman. But I agree. I'm not sure she's blaming inflation on that (alone anyway)

I can't recall anyone here stating she blamed the carbon "tax" alone for inflation.

However, the implication of blame is in the letter penned by her, Moe, and Kenney back in late March:

22 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Sorry but what evidence would be needed? Honestly, what would you want to see?

Actual data substantiating the claim that suspending it would help Manitobans. It shouldn't be difficult to crunch some numbers and objectively determine if the carbon "tax" is exacerbating inflation issue for Manitobans.

Her only explanation was: 

"Manitobans need that money now. So rather than taking the money away from them and going through rebates and all this, just leave the money with them."

It seems a bit lazy and disingenuous to make a claim like that, have it refuted, and then make the above statement to defend her position.

5 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I can't recall anyone here stating she blamed the carbon "tax" alone for inflation.

However, the implication of blame is in the letter penned by her, Moe, and Kenney back in late March:

Actual data substantiating the claim that suspending it would help Manitobans. It shouldn't be difficult to crunch some numbers and objectively determine if the carbon "tax" is exacerbating inflation issue for Manitobans.

Her only explanation was: 

It seems a bit lazy and disingenuous to make a claim like that, have it refuted, and then make the above statement to defend her position.

On the evidence - I suppose. But it doesn't take a genius to understand that less tax = more spending money. I agree that I'm not sure it would be a huge relief. The VAST majority of the inflation is coming from straight up greed.

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

On the evidence - I suppose. But it doesn't take a genius to understand that less tax = more spending money. I agree that I'm not sure it would be a huge relief. The VAST majority of the inflation is coming from straight up greed.

Except, we all get the rebates. 

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Bingo. The complex and sometimes convoluted nature of the world's economic and geopolitical systems seems lost on them at the best of times.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/mapped-which-countries-have-the-highest-inflation/

And she presented no evidence of this claim. Try again.

That's the key, they rarely do, they provide sound bites of negativity to dwell on and shout out, but rarely provide a contrary plan or an explanation of their reasoning.  Mainly because their followers are either too lazy to bother looking deeper into an issue than the soundbite itself, or are intellectually incapable of understanding it's complexity.

Edited by Fatty Liver

3 hours ago, Wideleft said:

So they're going to run on fighting inflation caused by Trudeau...  And guns!  Don't forget muh guns!

So predictable.

And Kinew is conspiring with Singh...

Actually, if they're smart they won't mention this.  With the NDP propping up Trudeau's Liberals, it could be a good time to have a provincial NDP government

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm not a genius, but I'd argue this point.  Between profiteers raising prices and the added costs of delaying publicly funded infrastructure and services, it doesn't actually ring true in real life.

54 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

I'm not a genius, but I'd argue this point.  Between profiteers raising prices and the added costs of delaying publicly funded infrastructure and services, it doesn't actually ring true in real life.

Alberta suspended their gas tax... know what happened? Stations charged 10 cents more per litre.  (Tax was 8 cents I believ)

CPC MP and Covidiot Clown Convoy Cheerleader Raquel Dancho was ejected by House Speaker Anthony Rota from the HOC yesterday after accusing Liberal MP Vance Badeway of lying and neither withdrawing the comment nor apologizing for it.

The event was sparked when Badeway was responding to questions posed by CPC MP Dane Lloyd regarding highly controversial Bill C-21.

video of the event: https://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Harmony/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20221208/-1/38229?Embedded=true&globalstreamId=20&startposition=16866&viewMode=3

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

The VAST majority of the inflation is coming from straight up greed.

Exactly. And if those greedy fucks chose to pay their fair share, we'd all be better off.

5 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

The grifters still talking about what will happen in ten years etc etc are doing so because they found their honey pot. Even if you're not giving them money directly, you are supporting them financially. Again, the internet has changed a lot of things. How people make money is certainly one of them. The people claiming they know how the RNA vaccines work because they helped invent them is very similar to someone who used to build cars in the 80's claiming they know how to work on a car built in 2022. They'll have a very basic understanding sure...but the devil is in the details. And they unless they've been brought up to date, they don't know ****.

It's honestly becoming borderline offensive at times.

I've been told that I'll be dead in 5 years, because I've had 3 covid shots

And the person sincerely believed it was okay and not offensive to tell me this

Honestly, it is such a bloody mess

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

It's honestly becoming borderline offensive at times.

I've been told that I'll be dead in 5 years, because I've had 3 covid shots

And the person sincerely believed it was okay and not offensive to tell me this

Honestly, it is such a bloody mess

Someone said that you ought not argue with an idiot became onlookers won't be able to tell the difference between you two. 

8 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

OK..so just bash anyone that brings any kind of different viewpoint by calling them morons etc is valuable to you? My goodness you guys 

anyone who thinks that getting the vaccine is going to kill you in 5 years is a moron, yes.... there's no other way to describe it. It's wildly dangerous and inflammatory misinformation. That's not just "another person's opinion"......