Canadian Politics

5 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

And I would add FIFO does not equate with another term a lot of people misuse here, echo chamber.  

In this scenario FIFO does not mean a bunch of radical lefties, libtards, sheep etc etc musing with one another, FIFO means sane people need only apply.

And just to qualify my use of the terms sane and insane, not all people who subscribe to insane drivel are insane but it sure doesn't help with how you're perceived by others, just an unsolicited piece of feedback on my part.

What I don't understand is how a football forum would have some type of bias for selecting left-leaning people that are intolerant of anything right of the spectrum to the point of becoming an echo chamber. What confuses me even more is how someone who obviously derives their views from a highly-biased echo chamber would criticize others for not accepting their views.

4 minutes ago, WildPath said:

What I don't understand is how a football forum would have some type of bias for selecting left-leaning people that are intolerant of anything right of the spectrum to the point of becoming an echo chamber

This right here. I find this site has a pretty good cross section of society in my opinion. Way more than most places on the web. 

3 hours ago, WildPath said:

What I don't understand is how a football forum would have some type of bias for selecting left-leaning people that are intolerant of anything right of the spectrum to the point of becoming an echo chamber. What confuses me even more is how someone who obviously derives their views from a highly-biased echo chamber would criticize others for not accepting their views.

That confuses me too. I certainly do not lean left, but I will call things as I see them, and I will challenge (and if need be remove) BS. 

26 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I heard it from people who sit at the table with government, on a fairly regular basis.  It is all but certain to be in April/May

That sounds consistent. 

When the going gets tough, conservatives whine and cry for their cookies and go home for a nap. Then, everyone else cleans up their mess. 

47 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

So they're going to run on fighting inflation caused by Trudeau...  And guns!  Don't forget muh guns!

So predictable.

Huh? It's not a federal election?

17 hours ago, JCon said:

It's going to be generations of bad news for the PCs, just like the last PC govt that handed MTS to their friends and they all cashed in. Corruption is their game. 

I doubt that very highly. Wab Kinew is going to be a disaster as well, more than likely a one term premier. The Conservatives have to bow out now, they elected a weak sauce leader and badly need to regroup and find a new one.

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Huh? It's not a federal election?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-premiers-carbon-tax-1.6571042

...Stefanson's demands for a temporary suspension of the carbon tax to help people deal with inflation.

She more or less blamed inflation on the carbon "tax" implemented by the federal gov't. 

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

She more or less blamed inflation on the carbon "tax" implemented by the federal gov't. 

As have all useless cons. It's all a blame game without a fundamental understanding of inflation and the factors that cause it. 

You really have to speak slowly or Cons get that glazed over look and say, 'ef Trudeau'. Drool. 

Edited by JCon

6 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

She didn't blame the carbon tax for inflation, she suggested suspending it would give people some much needed relief. You guys just spent the last few days taking down max power on his disinformation campaign. Be better yourselves.

Just now, JCon said:

As have all useless cons. It's all a blame game without a fundamental understanding of inflation and the factors that cause it

You really have to speak slowly or Con get that glazed over look and say, 'ef Trudeau'. Drool. 

Bingo. The complex and sometimes convoluted nature of the world's economic and geopolitical systems seems lost on them at the best of times.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/mapped-which-countries-have-the-highest-inflation/

Geopolitical tensions are triggering high energy costs, while supply-side disruptions are also distorting consumer prices. The end result is that almost half of countries worldwide are seeing double-digit inflation rates or higher.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

She didn't blame the carbon tax for inflation, she suggested suspending it would give people some much needed relief. You guys just spent the last few days taking down max power on his disinformation campaign. Be better yourselves.

And she presented no evidence of this claim. Try again.