Canadian Politics

23 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

They seem to vote a surprising number of those folks into power, though. New interim leader being just another example. 

It's the crackpots in the yellow dog ridings that drag the CPC down the most.  Not satisfied with elected crackpots, Harper appointed Denise Batters and Don Plett to the Senate.

There is no bottom.

On 2022-02-02 at 9:51 AM, GCn20 said:

The Liberals are floundering and O'Toole can't build any momentum, they might as well turf him and get it right and bring in Peter MacKay.

McKay would be PM right now if they had voted him leader instead of O'Toole. O'Toole was a complete nobody and a terrible choice to begin with that had zero chance of winning. They believed McKay to be too left which is what theyre now claiming O'Toole to be. There's an Alanis Morissette song in there somewhere.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

McKay would be PM right now If they had voted him as leader instead of O'Toole. O'Toole was a complete nobody and a terrible chose to begin with that had zero chance of winning. They believed McKay to be too left which is what theyre now claiming O'Toole to be. There's an Alanis Morissette song in there somewhere.

As a small C conservative I am hoping for Mackay, Lewis, or Pollievre....all for different reasons but all can appeal to the swing voters. As long as wingnuts like Sloan never see the light of day. O'Toole had the right idea but was just too wishy washy.

5 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

McKay would be PM right now If they had voted him as leader instead of O'Toole. O'Toole was a complete nobody and a terrible chose to begin with that had zero chance of winning. They believed McKay to be too left which is what theyre now claiming O'Toole to be. There's an Alanis Morissette song in there somewhere.

I was honestly flabbergasted when OToole beat Mackay.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

As a small C conservative I am hoping for Mackay, Lewis, or Pollievre....all for different reasons but all can appeal to the swing voters. As long as wingnuts like Sloan never see the light of day. O'Toole had the right idea but was just too wishy washy.

I was honestly flabbergasted when OToole beat Mackay.

So was i. Shocked really. Im convinced McKay would be PM right now if he was voted leader. He's a recognizable Maritimer that would have siphoned away many of the all precious Ontario-East votes from Trudeau. Sill not sure what moron told Trudeau to call a vote with his popularity so low but they got lucky O'Toole was in power(or maybe thats why they did).

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

So was i. Shocked really. Im convinced McKay would be PM right now if he was voted leader. He's a recognizable Maritimer that would have siphoned away many of the all precious Ontario-East votes from Trudeau. Sill not sure what moron told Trudeau to call a vote with his popularity so low but they got lucky O'Toole was in power(or maybe thats why they did).

Yeah I think it was the fact they knew no one like Otoole and they could take advantage of it. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/convo-downtown-winnipeg-manitoba-legislature-1.6339485

protester-with-freedom-from-mandates-sign-at-winnipeg-protest-convoy.jpg

You. Haven't. Lost. Your. *******. Freedom. Because. Of. Any. Mandates.

Smoothbrain.

convoy-demonstration-downtown-winnipeg.jpg

Who wants to bet WPS hasn't punished the knuckle-dragger blocking the road with his camper trailer?

protest-convoy-manitoba-legislature.jpg

Yeah, let's be more like SK... This guy probably kisses his sister on the mouth as he waves his F*ck Trudeau flag proudly from his rusty old pick-up.

This is such an embarrassment.

39 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/convo-downtown-winnipeg-manitoba-legislature-1.6339485

protester-with-freedom-from-mandates-sign-at-winnipeg-protest-convoy.jpg

You. Haven't. Lost. Your. *******. Freedom. Because. Of. Any. Mandates.

Smoothbrain.

convoy-demonstration-downtown-winnipeg.jpg

Who wants to bet WPS hasn't punished the knuckle-dragger blocking the road with his camper trailer?

protest-convoy-manitoba-legislature.jpg

Yeah, let's be more like SK... This guy probably kisses his sister on the mouth as he waves his F*ck Trudeau flag proudly from his rusty old pick-up.

This is such an embarrassment.

100% Stefanson will drop the vax card mandate by the spring if not earlier. And these hillbillys will claim it was there doing.

Edited by Bigblue204

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

100% Stefanson will drop the vax card mandate by the spring if not earlier. And these hillbillys will claim it was there doing.

by the end of March, you're going to see it gone from almost all provinces....they're giving in to the nutbars. AB is next week, SK is doing it soon, ON/MB won't be far behind. Even Theresa Tam, who I really do respect, has said that the restrictions probably need to be "re-examined"....so yeah, it's happening whether we like it or not.

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

For sure. Mackay is probably more popular outside his party than he is in it. Problem is that the Reform Party still has a ton of sway on the party and would never allow a PCer to get the leadership. 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

by the end of March, you're going to see it gone from almost all provinces....they're giving in to the nutbars. AB is next week, SK is doing it soon, ON/MB won't be far behind. Even Theresa Tam, who I really do respect, has said that the restrictions probably need to be "re-examined"....so yeah, it's happening whether we like it or not.

The political pressure to drop or at least vastly reduce any restrictions is very strong right now. Recent Angus Reid says that a majority of Canadians want them vastly reduced. It's not a fringe minority like anti vaxxers.

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

For sure. Mackay is probably more popular outside his party than he is in it. Problem is that the Reform Party still has a ton of sway on the party and would never allow a PCer to get the leadership. 

This. Although, I don't think MacKay could carry an election. 

You need someone like Harper. A "reformer" from Ontario.