Canadian Politics

14 minutes ago, WildPath said:

Lots of complaining on what he's not doing, but I'm genuinely interested in what some would propose that he could do? Not saying he is handling it well/not well, just wondering what would be suggested as good options.

When challenged by the opposition - he needs to state precisely what is within federal jurisdiction - and what is not

Also - most provinces are already working towards changing and relaxing restrictions - Trudeau is not preventing them from doing this

This is a very simple rebuttal - and would pretty much render the Candice Bergen et. al. grandstanding - moot.

And - this could all have been done virtually while he was in isolation - quickly and efficiently.

Or - Freeland et. al. should have done it

That then narrows the focus down to just the border vaccine mandate, which the U.S. has also imposed

The question for the opposition would be: "exactly which concerns is he supposed to listen to and address?"

He could also ask: "would you speak in person to a group - where there are individuals who clearly threaten your safety?"

Again - all of this needed to be done very early in the game - before the convoy could gain any 'traction.' 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

You guys must have missed JPTs speech in the House last night. If not his all time best, it's one of them. Truly outstanding. If anyone finds a clip of it, feel free to share. 

Talk is cheap. The varuous levels of government in Canada have to put their heads together and come up with a unified, asserive front to deal with these jackholes.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

100%. That was the big criticism from the right for the longest time - we need vaccines and Trudeau is not getting them fast enough. If this virus was significantly more deadly, these same protestors would be trying to use their privilege to ensure they were prioritized for vaccinations.

Vaccine mandate 'not an issue at all,' CEO of Canada's largest trucking company says (yahoo.com)

First one of the biggest grocery chains says that vaccine mandates are not the cause of empty shelves and supply chain shortages - that people getting sick with Covid is. Now the CEO of the largest trucking company says the vaccine mandate does not affect their business.

5 hours ago, the watcher said:

Ive had enough of this crap. You cant let less than %15 if the population do this much damage to the Canadian soul. Come on JT lay down the law. This is your   " Just watch me  " chance. Continue the legacy. 

No way it's even 10% of the population, as I don't see anywhere close to 4M Canadians participating in this childish nationwide tantrum. 

Bottom line is it's on local jurisdictions to manage these whiny assclowns. Mayors and local law enforcement need to spearhead the response, not the prime minister.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Do the CPCs get together, identify the stupidest among them and then vote for them? Or, are there even dumber people in the party that they keep hidden?

Jesus fuuuuuuuck, she's an idiot.

6 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

No way it's even 10% of the population, as I don't see anywhere close to 4M Canadians participating in this childish nationwide tantrum. 

Bottom line is it's on local jurisdictions to manage these whiny assclowns. Mayors and local law enforcement need to spearhead the response, not the prime minister.

Jesus fuuuuuuuck, she's an idiot.

This reminds me of an employee evaluation that read." "X" is a person who, when he finds he has dug himself into a hole, keeps right on digging".

1 hour ago, JCon said:

A lot of them are just the most horrible people. 

This! Honestly convinced a lot of them just play dumb because that is what the supporters will understand. There's no point to logical arguments when you cater your messaging to those that would not understand it.

I believe it has been confirmed that a strategy to get George Bush Jr. elected was to play dumb so the media would jump all over him for his mistakes and look like the elite criticizing the average guy.

18 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:
Keep it classy, WPS.

Over 1/4 of the city's annual budget goes to our police and virtually every penny of budget increase goes directly to salary. I wouldn't mind it if I thought they were actually good at their jobs, or if they weren't infested with power tripping wife abusing blackmailers.

The protest is no longer about Vaccinations, if it ever was. It is becoming clear that this is an Ad Hoc coalition of those who feel that their views are not reflected in the governance of the country, in spite of the fact that many of these views are abhorrent to most Canadians, illegal, rooted in the biases and bigotry of the past and reflective of the lunatic fringe which has gained ascendancy in the US. 

If you want a clear example of how at least the Winnipeg police are defferential to the exclusively white protesters, consider how they went into the squatters' camp recently with no hesitation about enforcing the law and tore it all down. Most of the squatters were native, and it is not difficult to read racism into that.

2 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

Over 1/4 of the city's annual budget goes to our police and virtually every penny of budget increase goes directly to salary. I wouldn't mind it if I thought they were actually good at their jobs, or if they weren't infested with power tripping wife abusing blackmailers.

This seems like an issue nationwide with many municipal law enforcement agencies, with bloated salaries, budgets, and overtime. Add to that the rampant corruption, bigotry, xenophobia, etc. and it's no wonder their reputation is in the shitter right now with their soft-as-baby-**** approach to these tantrum throwers across the country. LEOs are pretty much complicit at this point.

And the longer this garbage gets to go on, the more emboldened and entitled they're going to get. This needed to be snuffed out a week ago, IMO. We're entering potentially ugly and dangerous territory now.