US Politics

Rich

I will say that I'm sure glad that the biggest issues locally we have is long wait times at renewing a passport , bus shelters being smashed, and old women on Facebook constantly posting about coyotes and being afraid that they'll eat kids.        I can't imagine being an American over the last 5 years. 

Well "Mr. I am betterthanyoubecauseyouareahypocriteandIamastandupstraightshooternonhalfasserthatgoesallinonmyconvictionsandgomegaboycottlikeyouhaveneverseen", by your definition, aren't you just virtue signalling here at this point? 

😀

But to be fair- he just said he doesn't want to visit that shithole country... you were the one who questioned him and went "all in" on your comical observations about being a hypocrite if you don't fully 100% go full throttle, no half measured ways.... he then responds to your question (not really virtue signalling if you are explaining to some one who asked...) and then you reply with this wall of text screed.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

Yesterday I saw a woman from Texas who has two barely pre-teen children and she and her husband have been living in terror since the Uvalde killings. They would move to Canada except that their work prevents that.  They were stunned that kids here walk to schools, malls and playgrounds all by themselves. For all the things we struggle with and complain about here, we live in a far better world than most Americans. 

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

Yesterday I saw a woman from Texas who has two barely pre-teen children and she and her husband have been living in terror since the Uvalde killings. They would move to Canada except that their work prevents that.  They were stunned that kids here walk to schools, malls and playgrounds all by themselves. For all the things we struggle with and complain about here, we live in a far better world than most Americans. 

When I was playing soccer in the southern US I was shocked how few people were actually walking period. Even when I was trying to go for walks, I found the walking infrastructure to be really poor. Small sample size, but I've always taken proper walking infrastructure for granted. I'd like to see stats on walking in general between US/Can.

Life in the US, our closest neighbour/ally, and some really stark differences. Hoping we are not headed in that direction, but social media seems to making some dangerous shifts in both countries. It breeds intolerance, tribalism and enhances the power of intentional and unintentional misinformation. 

27 minutes ago, WildPath said:

When I was playing soccer in the southern US I was shocked how few people were actually walking period. Even when I was trying to go for walks, I found the walking infrastructure to be really poor. Small sample size, but I've always taken proper walking infrastructure for granted. I'd like to see stats on walking in general between US/Can.

It's the same with Winnipeg where very few people walk / cycle compared to other much more active large cities.  The amount of morbidly obese people in Winnipeg compared to when I lived in Ottawa was staggering.   

In the States it completely varies based on the city/state.   Same goes with inner city vs suburbs.  Some of the 'burbs around Minneapolis are absolutely gorgeous with beautiful biking and walking pathways.   Inside Minneapolis it's drive/bus all the way.       Texas has a much larger amount of people who drive and also indulge in a much more unhealthy diet compared to the West Coast where in certain areas people are very health conscious on diet and exercise.  

Unfortunately this is spreading to Europe where for the most part everyone used to be healthy and it was hard to find bad food (with exception of England  :)

18 hours ago, Brandon said:

The reason I make these posts is to expose people like yourself who are a  hypocrite.  If you truly cared you wouldn't be all talk and no action.    

As a CONSUMER you can easily buy locally made products but you wont because of monetary reasons and convenience.   I guranatee you will order off Amazon and buy a tonne of products made in bad countries.   I call a spade a spade and you sir are a hypocrite

Nothing wrong with saying what America is doing is trash... but don't pretend you are Mr White Knight when you contribute to the economies of these terrible places and put on a charade that you are going to stand against them. 

The difference between you and myself is that you are a phoney and I'm honest and real.  Unfortunately being honest and real doesn't allow one to be in a safe space and in a fantasy world like yourself trying to virtue signalling everyone via message boards.  

I am fully aware of the crappy living conditions in China and other countries in which my clothing comes from and I don't revel in the fact that these people make pennies compared to us.  But I at least accept that this is how the world works and how it is for me and don't pretend that I'm Mr Good Guy and am doing my part in making those folks have a better life.   I'm honest with myself and if I were to boycott a country I wouldn't pick and choose not giving them money as a TOURIST and would go all in because I am not a hypocrite.   

Also many folks in the  States are extremely upset and are against what they have been doing,  so from you not visiting them as a tourist and possibly not helping those folks who count on tourists dollars to help their businesses survive really the better thing to do?

Ah well just my few points and maybe next time don't be so upset if someone challenges you on a ridiculous statement.  

Accuses someone else of being upset after posting a pile of long-winded nonsense that comes across as weird bragging and pretending to be better than others.

You should probably get over yourself. Are you this much of an arrogant, insufferable cuntbag in real life, too?

17 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Well "Mr. I am betterthanyoubecauseyouareahypocriteandIamastandupstraightshooternonhalfasserthatgoesallinonmyconvictionsandgomegaboycottlikeyouhaveneverseen", by your definition, aren't you just virtue signalling here at this point? 

😀

But to be fair- he just said he doesn't want to visit that shithole country... you were the one who questioned him and went "all in" on your comical observations about being a hypocrite if you don't fully 100% go full throttle, no half measured ways.... he then responds to your question (not really virtue signalling if you are explaining to some one who asked...) and then you reply with this wall of text screed.

His lack of self-awareness is about as comical as his clown takes in this sub-forum. Just a ******* bozo. 

Edited by blue_gold_84

9 hours ago, JCon said:

Some people have no morals so the thought of giving something up in order to affect change means nothing to them. 

Anything that's an inconvenience is not worth it. 

Oh they believe they have morals, 'morals' suited for their inner circles that, look, feel and think like them then morals galore, let's all love and respect each other.

However anything outside of these tight inner circles, your statement takes off. 

16 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Accuses someone else of being upset after posting a pile of long-winded nonsense that comes across as weird bragging and pretending to be better than others.

You should probably get over yourself. Are you this much of an arrogant, insufferable cuntbag in real life, too?

His lack of self-awareness is about as comical as his clown takes in this sub-forum. Just a ******* bozo. 

Way to sneak that one in, lol.

21 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Approves

Ted Lasso's Brett Goldstein: What to Know About the Roy Kent Actor |  PEOPLE.com

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Calling names because you know I'm right.   LOL  it's ok to be wrong blue_gold_84  and I'd advise in real life to be humble and just maybe you wouldn't be such a sour person even on an online message board.   Take the L and move on and dont hate because you can't come to terms that you are wrong and throwing a hissy fit on here won't make me change my opinion and lighten up on a hypocrite like yourself.     

I'll an edit here and then will stop responding since clearly you can't handle being wrong -   Every single time you buy any product either made or product of USA... I win in this disagreement you have with me.   This is why I said its odd and then called you a hypocrite because it's unrealistic to "go against the man" and withold giving the USA any of your money.   This is why I called you a white knight for " weird bragging and pretending to be better than others." when clearly it was all talk.   I see a lot of projecting in your quote above.  

Edited by Brandon

24 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Calling names because you know I'm right.   LOL  it's ok to be wrong blue_gold_84  and I'd advise in real life to be humble and just maybe you wouldn't be such a sour person even on an online message board.   Take the L and move on and dont hate because you can't come to terms that you are wrong and throwing a hissy fit on here won't make me change my opinion and lighten up on a hypocrite like yourself.     

What exactly are you right about?  According to your logic, no one can boycott or criticize the United States, because we all buy products from China

So, let's extend that logic further: no country should be sanctioning Russia right now, because we all buy products from China. And might I add, oil from Saudi Arabia

We all just need to sit back and not criticize or sanction anyone

28 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

What exactly are you right about?  According to your logic, no one can boycott or criticize the United States, because we all buy products from China

So, let's extend that logic further: no country should be sanctioning Russia right now, because we all buy products from China. And might I add, oil from Saudi Arabia

We all just need to sit back and not criticize or sanction anyone

I'm right in saying it's not feasible to boycott a country financially to take a stance against them and that we have to be honest with ourselves and realize that as shitty as those countries can be... unfortunately it would take a really great effort to financially separate from them.  

I have no issues with criticizing and protesting and if their are groups who need money to combat this decision then money should be donated to these folks and feel free to bring awareness for them.  

I only take issues when people project that they are doing something great to make a difference when in fact they are not doing it at all.  I've seen a few times in my life (not saying this particular time)  in which terrible people try to portray themselves as holier than thou because they go to Church on the weekend and somehow that negates all the bad behaviour they portray for the rest of the week.    Or a  more comical example... when I worked at McD's and someone would order 20 nuggets and a Double Quarter Pounder meal and then claim "I'm on a diet so I will get a Diet Coke".     So when this silly man says he's going to take a stance against the USA by not visiting them as a tourist but then will spend loads of other money that goes into the USA economy...  seems like a hypocrite to me.  If one was truly passionate about taking a stance they can cut many more costs going down South if they really wanted to.    A whole lot of people are all talk and no action and he's one of them.  I'm saying I'm at least honest in saying I couldn't adjust all my purchases so that it would be only from Canada and other "good countries".    

20 minutes ago, Brandon said:

So when this silly man says he's going to take a stance against the USA by not visiting them as a tourist but then will spend loads of other money that goes into the USA economy...  seems like a hypocrite to me.  If one was truly passionate about taking a stance they can cut many more costs going down South if they really wanted to.    A whole lot of people are all talk and no action and he's one of them.  I'm saying I'm at least honest in saying I couldn't adjust all my purchases so that it would be only from Canada and other "good countries".    

It is not possible to economically separate ourselves from the United States. 

Good for me - I have now admitted this simple fact - I am honest

4 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Liked for cuntbag and truth 

23 hours ago, bustamente said:

Biden had a chance to pack the court everyone knew this was going to happen but he was having a nap that day, Dems need to go on the offence instead of always trying to being nice and not stepping on Republicans toes

That’s because they were playing by the ‘we’re better than that’ rules. It’s like one of those character ‘wins’ but you still lost the game. 

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

I'll an edit here and then will stop responding since clearly you can't handle being wrong -   Every single time you buy any product either made or product of USA... I win in this disagreement you have with me.   This is why I said its odd and then called you a hypocrite because it's unrealistic to "go against the man" and withold giving the USA any of your money.   This is why I called you a white knight for " weird bragging and pretending to be better than others." when clearly it was all talk.   I see a lot of projecting in your quote above.  

My 10 year just read the above post and said to me, " see dad, that's a Chad." 

I now have to clean up all this coffee that came out my nose.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

1 hour ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

My 10 year just read the above post and said to me, " see dad, that's a Chad." 

I now have to clean up all this coffee that came out my nose.

How long did it take for you to come up with that one?      Pat yourself on the back and give yourself a cringe award for trying to be funny!  Keep trying :)

24 minutes ago, Brandon said:

How long did it take for you to come up with that one?      Pat yourself on the back and give yourself a cringe award for trying to be funny!  Keep trying :)

If the above post makes you feel better and easier to deal with it, I don't care- It was ******* awesome and I thought I would share it. 

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

14 minutes ago, bustamente said:

If American's want to keep their rights Democrats better get out the message get out the vote and hope that the undecided join them, if the Republicans take the House and Senate during the midterms it will only get worse 

"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was asked why she is still supporting Representative Henry Cuellar,the conservative Texas Democrat whose house and campaign office were recently raided by the FBI, for reelection, and she said she is. Then, in a mind-boggling moment during Thursday’s press conference, Pelosi took the time to also remind everyone that in addition to the whole FBI thing that’s cast a shadow over Cuellar’s ethical standards, he’s also the lone antiabortion Democrat left in the House—a position one would think would leave a disqualifying black mark on a Democrat’s political résumé given the Supreme Court looks poised to overturn Roe v. Wade in the coming weeks.

But no, Pelosi, whose party and caucus sought to use abortion rights to motivate Americans to go to the polls this past week, said she’s backing him even though he’s anti-choice.

“I’m supporting Henry Cuellar, he’s a valued member of our caucus. "

Biden supports him too.

it's all theatre with them.

Edited by Mark F

38 minutes ago, bustamente said:

If American's want to keep their rights Democrats better get out the message get out the vote and hope that the undecided join them, if the Republicans take the House and Senate during the midterms it will only get worse 

Absolutely guaranteed that the GOP will make the Trump years seem like an afternoon tea party. They have mutated into an abomination that has stated they will use the government they control to go after Garland and every Democrat they can on any pretext whatever. They had seven inquiries into the Libyan embassy invasion and three into the Whitewater affair and two into Hillary Clinton's use of emails and came up with nothing, but that hasn't slowed them down at all.