US Politics

Rich

Trump Knew Supporters Had Weapons On Jan. 6 But Didn't Care, Top Aide Testifies

Former President Donald Trump knew his supporters were armed with weapons the day of the Jan 6, 2021, Capitol attack, but insisted they be allowed to watch him speak before the riot.

“I heard the president say something to the effect of, ‘I don’t f-ing care that they have weapons. They’re not here to hurt me. Take the f-ing mags [metal detectors] away. Let my people in. They can march to the Capitol from here,’” said Cassidy Hutchinson, who was an aide to former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows.
The new explosive testimony was aired during a surprise hearing on Tuesday. Hutchinson recalled that Trump had been informed by Secret Service that his supporters had brought weapons to his rally shortly before the attack on the Capitol. Those weapons included bear spray, spears, guns and flagpoles used as weapons.

Trump, however, was apparently fixated on the crowd size and demanded more of his supporters be allowed to bypass metal detectors to watch him speak, Hutchinson testified.

“He was furious because he wanted the arena we had at the ellipse to be maxed out to capacity,” Hutchinson said of Trump’s demeanor.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-supporters-weapons-capitol-riot_n_62bb3440e4b0adb8aa4d48e8

(With this plus the explosive testimony of Mark Meadows' aide cannot do anything but put Trump and his cabal on trial)

'I’m The F-ing President’: Trump Got Into Physical Altercation On Jan. 6

WASHINGTON ― Former President Donald Trump got into a physical altercation after he tried to grab the wheel to turn the presidential motorcade around and go to the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, Cassidy Hutchinson, an aide to former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows said Tuesday.

Hutchinson testified before the House’s Jan. 6 committee that she heard from another Trump aide that the ex-president was “irate” after Secret Service agents told him they were taking him back to the White House shortly after he instructed his supporters to march on the Capitol building.
“The president said something to the effect of, I’m the f-ing president, take me up to the Capitol now. To which [Secret Service agent Bobby Engel] responded, ‘Sir, we have to go back to the West Wing,’” Hutchison said.

She continued: “The president reached up toward the front of the vehicle to grab at the steering wheel. Mr. Engel grabbed his arm and said, ‘Sir, you need to take your hand off the steering wheel, we’re going back to the West Wing. We’re not going to the Capitol.’”

“Mr. Trump then used his free hand to lunge towards Bobby Engel and when Mr. [Anthony] Ornato had recounted the story to me, he had motioned towards his clavicles.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/january-6-trump-limo-altercation_n_62bb40f3e4b05653163937ef

Top Trump White House Aide: Plans To 'Go To The Capitol' Were Known Days Before Jan. 6”

WASHINGTON — A top aide in Donald Trump’s White House testified Tuesday that Trump’s lawyer and chief of staff understood on Jan. 2, four days prior to the mob attack on the Capitol to overturn Trump’s election loss, that “things might get real, real bad on Jan. 6.”

Cassidy Hutchinson, the top assistant to chief of staff Mark Meadows, testified that Rudy Giuliani told her after a meeting at the White House that “We’re going to the Capitol” as part of the plan to keep Trump in power. “It’s going to be great. The president’s going to be there. He’s going to look powerful.”

When she asked Meadows about that comment, she said he appeared to know all about it. “There’s a lot going on,” Meadows replied, Hutchinson said. “Things might get real, real bad on Jan. 6.”

Hutchinson said that while she had been “apprehensive” about Jan. 6 previously, those conversations heightened her concern. “That evening was the first moment that I remembered feeling scared and nervous about what could happen on Jan. 6,” she told the committee.

Committee vice chair Liz Cheney, a Wyoming Republican, then questioned Hutchinson about the White House’s knowledge of the security threat that day, which began with the Trump rally where he incited his followers.

Cheney played police radio transmissions that described armed protesters on the National Mall. “I got three men walking down the street in fatigues carrying AR-15s,” the voice on the audio said.
“AR-15s at 14th and Independence,” Cheney recapped.

She then led Hutchinson through her previously videotaped testimony where she described how angry Trump was that Secret Service magnetometers set up at his pre-insurrection rally site were keeping out his followers who were armed.

“I don’t f-ing care that they have weapons. They’re not here to hurt me. Take the f-ing mags away,” Trump said, Hutchinson testified. “Let my people in. They can march to the Capitol from here. Let the people in. Take the f-ing mags away.”

Hutchinson then described Trump’s anger in the presidential limousine ― known as “The Beast” ― when he realized that he would not be taken to the Capitol to join his followers.

“I’m the f-ing president. Take me up to the Capitol now,” Trump said, according to Hutchinson’s conversations with a Secret Service agent that afternoon. The agent told her that Trump then tried to grab the wheel of the limo, and then tried to strike an aide in the front seat who told him to take his hands off the wheel and that they were going back to the White House, not the Capitol.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jan-6-cassidy-hutchinson-trump_n_62bae4e7e4b0565316385ecb

Edited by Tracker

Trumpsters claim dead cows are evidence of a nefarious plot to starve Americans

Republicans have seized on the deaths of thousands of cattle in the Kansas heat wave as the latest proof of a baseless conspiracy theory that saboteurs from the mega-rich to government are out to destroy the national food supply.

it’s cheating roam Right for months, but gained new energy after thousands of cattle in Kansas died in the June heat, with temperatures above 104 degrees. A viral video showing what appeared to be hundreds of dead cattle was cited as evidence that someone—the Biden administration, the liberal billionaire, or an unknown elite—was behind the deaths.

For cattle herders, the death of cattle was not mysterious. A spokesperson for the Kansas Livestock Association PBS. told That the cows died from “heat stress” after a sudden 20-degree rise in temperature. Instead of accepting that the cattle were killed by the heat—and likely that climate change would bring about similar mass-death events—some Republicans became convinced that there was a shadowy force behind the dead cattle.

Tennessee House candidate Robbie Starbuck claimed he had unidentified sources who insisted that the cows could not be killed by heat.

“They didn’t die of extreme heat,” Starbuck tweeted. “Since I saw this video (the one from Kansas) I talked to several ranchers and they all say to get to the bottom of this should be investigated ASAP because 10,000+ cattle have not died because of the heat.”

Theories about the death of the cows also spread on Telegram, the social media network that has become a haven for far-right figures. Jovan Hutton Pulitzer, an inventor and key figure in the 2020 election-denial movement, promoted another user’s post that said Bill Gates was behind the deaths. In a Telegram message, Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes speculated that the cattle deaths were part of a conspiracy to “make us so hungry” that Americans would revolt, giving the government a chance to establish a state of emergency.

https://www.politicususa.com

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Trumpsters claim dead cows are evidence of a nefarious plot to starve Americans

Republicans have seized on the deaths of thousands of cattle in the Kansas heat wave as the latest proof of a baseless conspiracy theory that saboteurs from the mega-rich to government are out to destroy the national food supply.

it’s cheating roam Right for months, but gained new energy after thousands of cattle in Kansas died in the June heat, with temperatures above 104 degrees. A viral video showing what appeared to be hundreds of dead cattle was cited as evidence that someone—the Biden administration, the liberal billionaire, or an unknown elite—was behind the deaths.

For cattle herders, the death of cattle was not mysterious. A spokesperson for the Kansas Livestock Association PBS. told That the cows died from “heat stress” after a sudden 20-degree rise in temperature. Instead of accepting that the cattle were killed by the heat—and likely that climate change would bring about similar mass-death events—some Republicans became convinced that there was a shadowy force behind the dead cattle.

Tennessee House candidate Robbie Starbuck claimed he had unidentified sources who insisted that the cows could not be killed by heat.

“They didn’t die of extreme heat,” Starbuck tweeted. “Since I saw this video (the one from Kansas) I talked to several ranchers and they all say to get to the bottom of this should be investigated ASAP because 10,000+ cattle have not died because of the heat.”

Theories about the death of the cows also spread on Telegram, the social media network that has become a haven for far-right figures. Jovan Hutton Pulitzer, an inventor and key figure in the 2020 election-denial movement, promoted another user’s post that said Bill Gates was behind the deaths. In a Telegram message, Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes speculated that the cattle deaths were part of a conspiracy to “make us so hungry” that Americans would revolt, giving the government a chance to establish a state of emergency.

https://www.politicususa.com

What a load of bull.  Everyone knows that that cattle was struck by Jewish space lasers.....carried by Italian satellites 

42 minutes ago, do or die said:

What a load of bull.  Everyone knows that that cattle was struck by Jewish space lasers.....carried by Italian satellites 

giphy.gif

used to hear stuff like this on Art Bell, now hear it coming from former President of United states.

17 minutes ago, do or die said:

If I'm Mark Meadows......I would immediate try to get immunity......and simply spill my guts.

Given the self-serving, arrogant personalities that surrounded Trump, one of them is almost certain to cut a deal and throw everyone else under the bus.

48 minutes ago, do or die said:

After today, it is going to be very hard...... to put the ketchup back into the bottle......

There is a real possibility that Trump's supporters, with or without his tacit approval will foment a violent reaction if he is indicted. That could be the start of the looming civil war.

'I don't think the American public has seen anything yet': January 6th staffer predicts volcanic 7th hearing

"TRUMP SOUGHT TO JOIN JAN. 6 MOB," was the headline online by The New York Times. "Enraged, He Lunged for Limo Wheel, Aide Says."

Riggleman was interviewed about the hearing by MSNBC's Nicolle Wallace.

"I want to be very careful in how I say this, Nicolle. I said Mark Meadows was the MVP of the committee of the investigation. Today, I think we see Mark Meadows is the Rosetta Stone of the investigation. He was sort of the pivot man for everything happening between these groups and up to the president," he said.

"When you hear an individual on the couch sending text messages -- I have the unique insight into being the first to see some of those text messages after we identified them -- so when I saw that at the beginning, the committee saw the same thing and they automatically knew that what they saw on the text messages -- there was a story here they could break apart," he explained. "We have to know this too, Nicolle, and I'm being very careful, there are 1,000 text messages that we know that we hadn't seen, that he said that were privileged."

Riggleman said, "...I don't think the American public has seen anything yet."

"Oh, wow," Wallace interjected.

"I actually believe that Cassidy Hutchinson was the bridge to the following -- and I will be very careful here -- a bridge to the operational planning and the data the committee still has in his back pocket," he continued. "So again, Mark Meadows is the MVP player for the committee. I think it is the Rosetta Stone. He was in the middle of it all and I think it puts his legal team in a tremendously challenging position."

https://www.alternet.org/2022/06/staffer-predicts-volcanic-7th-hearing/

12 highlights from Cassidy Hutchinson's bombshell testimony before the House January 6th panel

It’s early yet, but we may look back on today’s hearing by the J6 committee as a major turn in the story of Donald Trump’s attempted coup on January 6, 2021. After hearing testimony from former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson, J6 chair Bennie Thompson said:.

1. On J6, Donald Trump was “******* infuriated” about the small number of people in the arena on the Ellipse. He was told the reason was the mags – machines that detect weapons. Trump told the Secret Service to remove the mags from the Ellipse, to let them all in so he would have a good shot for the TV audience. Trump knew supporters were armed, some with spears, pistols and AR-15s.

2. Trump wanted to go to the Capitol with the insurgents. There was even talk of the former president giving a speech in the House. White House counsel Pat Cipollone said that if Trump goes to the Capitol, "We're going to be charged with every crime imaginable," specifically obstruction of justice and defrauding an electoral vote count.

3. When Trump took the stage on the Ellipse on J6, he expected to travel with the insurgents to the US Capitol. In the presidential limo, White House Counsel Bobby Engel said no. We’re going back to the White House. Trump then lurched for the steering wheel. Engel grabbed his arm. Hutchinson then gestured toward her own neck, suggesting that the former president tried to strangle Engel.

4. Trump had a history of violent outbursts during his time in the White House. He would throw dishes or flip tablecloths, breaking everything on the table. Former Attorney General Bill Barr said Trump once pounded the table to accept Barr's resignation.

5. After seeing Trump say in his J6 speech that he was going to the Capitol with the insurgents, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy called Hutchinson. He said, I thought you said Trump wasn't going to the Capitol. You lied to me. Trump didn't go, but McCarthy’s call to Hutchinson suggests that he knew and feared violence was coming.

6. Trump and his advisers talk about white-power terrorist groups the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers at the rally. They were made aware of plans by insurgents to "occupy federal buildings" and so on.

7. Rudy Giuliani asked for a pardon.

8. Mark Meadows asked for a pardon.

9. In a speech on January 7 that he was urged to give, Trump wanted to include pardons for all the insurgents. Advisers struck that out. He gave the speech “as cover” for “what might happen in the Senate” (impeachment?) and because the Cabinet was considering invoking the 25th Amendment to strip Trump of his presidential power.

10. When told that insurgents were chanting "hang Mike Pence," Trump said "Mike deserves it.” They weren’t doing anything wrong.

11. The J6 committee learned of attempts at witness tampering. Vice-Chair Liz Cheney said these were statements made to witnesses:

What they said to me is as long as I continue to be a team player, they know I'm on the right team. I'm doing the right thing. I'm protecting who I need to protect. You know, I'll continue to stay in good graces in front of the world. And they have reminded me a couple of times that Trump does read transcripts, and just keep that in mind as I proceed through my interviews with the committee.
[The person] let me know you have your deposition tomorrow. He wants me to let you know he's thinking about you. You know, you're loyal. And you're going to do the right thing when you go in for your deposition.
12. When asked if he believes in the peaceful transfer of power, Trump adviser Mike Flynn pleaded the Fifth Amendment.

As Cheney keeps repeating, all of these witnesses are Republicans appointed by the former president. Moreover, most of them are white men in positions of authority. They are not Democrats. They are not “agents of the Deep State.” They are Trump’s own people.

His own people are saying he’s a walking crime scene.

Edited by Tracker

Rep. Liz Cheney Says Trump Allies Have Been Intimidating Jan. 6 Witnesses

Allies of former President Donald Trump have tried to intimidate people with knowledge of what was going on inside the White House around the time of the Capitol attack, Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) revealed Tuesday at the conclusion of a shocking congressional hearing.

Cheney, who serves as vice chair of the House committee investigating the attack, said the panel commonly asks its witnesses whether anyone has contacted them for the purpose of influencing their testimony.
At least two said yes. Cheney shared their experiences while shielding their identities.

“What they said to me is, ‘As long as I continue to be a team player, they know that I’m on the team, I’m doing the right thing, I’m protecting who I need to protect, you know, I’ll continue to stay in good graces in Trump World,’” she said one witness told the committee. “And they have reminded me a couple of times that Trump does read transcripts and just to keep that in mind as I proceeded through my depositions and interviews with the committee.”

Another witness received a veiled threat over the phone.

“[A person] let me know you have your deposition tomorrow,” the unknown caller told the witness, according to Cheney. “He wants me to let you know that he’s thinking about you. He knows you’re loyal, and you’re going to do the right thing when you go in for your deposition.”

Cheney said the committee is still mulling how to respond to the apparent intimidation.

“I think most Americans know that attempting to influence witnesses to testify untruthfully presents very serious concerns,” she said at the hearing. “We’ll be discussing these issues as a committee, carefully considering our next steps.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/liz-cheney-trump-allies-intimidate-jan-6-witnesses_n_62bb4fb9e4b080fb670b33f6

Donald Trump 'desperately' 'wanted to walk into the House with an armed mob': Yale historian

The revelations from former Trump White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson are being called “bombshells” and, according to a former advisor to the U.S. House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack, a “cluster bomb.”

But one Professor of History and American Studies at Yale University, Dr. Joanne Freeman, is urging Americans to focus on an important part of Hutchinson’s testimony.

“People are focusing on the drama of [Donald Trump] trying to grab the steering wheel to force his car to go to the Capitol,” Dr. Freeman writes. “But far more revealing — and alarming — is the fact that he wanted to walk into the House with an armed mob.”

Freeman, the author of “The Field of Blood: Violence in Congress and the Road to Civil War,” adds: “Hutchinson testified that there was discussion about having him enter the House chamber.”

Hutchinson also testified that Trump and Meadows knew the rally-goers and insurrectionists were armed, some heavily. And he demanded the “mags,” the magnetometers, or “metal detectors,” be removed.

“I don’t ******* care that they have weapons, they’re not here to hurt me.,” Trump allegedly said, according to Hutchinson. “They’re not here to hurt me. Take the ******* mags away. Let my people in. They can march to the Capitol from here, let the people in and take the mags away.”

https://www.alternet.org/2022/06/yale-historian-donald-trump-desperation/

“Today we saw 1/6 was a plot to overturn the election w/*deliberately incorporated* violence,” she says.

“That was wild,” Freeman said after the hearing ended.

Tucker Carlson spins new conspiracy theory saying US gov will lace country’s water supply with antidepressants

Fox News' Tucker Carlson is attempting to spin a new conspiracy theory with a tall accusation involving the United States government.

During his latest segment of "The Tucker Carlson Show" on Tuesday, the conservative primetime host claimed the U.S. government will be lacing the country's water supply with "SSRIs – selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors – in an effort to placate an increasingly dissatisfied population," Mediaite reports.

Broadcasting from Rio de Janeiro, Carlson expressed concern about the United States' low fertility rates. On multiple occasions, Carlson has leveled attacks at Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) over her concerns about having children. In fact, last year, the Fox News host reportedly said claimed: "some liberals are 'offended by fertility and nature and the idea that people reproduce.'”

During Tuesday's segment, Carlson revisited the same argument but went a step further this time.

“The more atomized and unhappy American society becomes, the easier it is for them to control,” said Carlson. “Fewer marriages and babies and family-owned homes means more rootless and dissatisfied people. It means an entire nation of desperately unhappy grad students. Sandy Cortez could become the queen of a country like that.”

Carlson went on to highlight the inflated cost of having a family as he insisted that the issue is no longer just a temporary problem, but rather a new staple in American society.

https://www.alternet.org/2022/06/tucker-carlson/

“Families are for the tech tycoons in Napa, they’ve got a ton of kids,” he continued. “And for the Haitians huddled underneath the bridges at the border in south Texas, they’ve got a ton of kids too. But for you, a middle-class American, sorry. Your deepest desires are far beyond reach.”

14 hours ago, Tracker said:

Rep. Liz Cheney Says Trump Allies Have Been Intimidating Jan. 6 Witnesses

Allies of former President Donald Trump have tried to intimidate people with knowledge of what was going on inside the White House around the time of the Capitol attack, Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) revealed Tuesday at the conclusion of a shocking congressional hearing.

Cheney, who serves as vice chair of the House committee investigating the attack, said the panel commonly asks its witnesses whether anyone has contacted them for the purpose of influencing their testimony.
At least two said yes. Cheney shared their experiences while shielding their identities.

“What they said to me is, ‘As long as I continue to be a team player, they know that I’m on the team, I’m doing the right thing, I’m protecting who I need to protect, you know, I’ll continue to stay in good graces in Trump World,’” she said one witness told the committee. “And they have reminded me a couple of times that Trump does read transcripts and just to keep that in mind as I proceeded through my depositions and interviews with the committee.”

Another witness received a veiled threat over the phone.

“[A person] let me know you have your deposition tomorrow,” the unknown caller told the witness, according to Cheney. “He wants me to let you know that he’s thinking about you. He knows you’re loyal, and you’re going to do the right thing when you go in for your deposition.”

Cheney said the committee is still mulling how to respond to the apparent intimidation.

“I think most Americans know that attempting to influence witnesses to testify untruthfully presents very serious concerns,” she said at the hearing. “We’ll be discussing these issues as a committee, carefully considering our next steps.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/liz-cheney-trump-allies-intimidate-jan-6-witnesses_n_62bb4fb9e4b080fb670b33f6

Where in the F is Garland and crew? They should be trotting out the nutters and throwing the book at them as a deterrent. But no we get the "we're watching all of this closely'. What in the actual F is going on with their law enforcement and judicial system?

"As reported, a corporatist coup within the Democrat Party, which started during the 2021 special elections, has been launched by a wide array of allied groups including cryptospeculators, the oil industry, pharmaceuticals, finance, and even Republicans.

The White House political shop (which is now not-so-jokingly called the Committee for Assisted Democratic Suicide in some circles) has not only botched the politics around Biden’s legislative agenda but is now taking a sledgehammer to Biden’s electoral coalition. This year, they’ve had the president make endorsements in just two Houseprimaries. The first was for Representative Kurt Schrader. Schrader not only worked to gut Biden’s Build, Back, Better bill, but also voted against the initial House version of the Covid relief bill. (Not to mention that his reelection is opposed by local Democratic organizations that represent 90 percent of the Democratic voters in the district.)"

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/democratic-party-primaries/

right now, Biden's focus, like Wall street,  is inflation. 

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Where in the F is Garland and crew? They should be trotting out the nutters and throwing the book at them as a deterrent. But no we get the "we're watching all of this closely'. What in the actual F is going on with their law enforcement and judicial system?

Powell memorandum. https://static1.squarespace.com/static/58894b38ebbd1a2ab75adbe2/t/588cd57dd482e988fc008e79/1485624704579/Lewis-Powell-Memo.pdf

a lot of it traces back to this document.

"Fifty years ago, an American lawyer called Lewis Powell Jr. wrote a memo for the US Chamber of Commerce that deserves to be better remembered than it is. It was to become the blueprint for a “hostile takeover” of US economic and political life by a wealthy, conservative elite. 

Fifty years on, the threats to America’s “free enterprise system” that worried Powell — high taxes, government regulation and a powerful labour movement — have been well and truly defanged. In no small part, this is a result of the way that the strategy Powell set out in his 1971 memo was operationalised by its most influential reader: Charles Koch, CEO (then and now) of Koch Industries, America’s largest privately-owned company.

Over the intervening decades, Koch (along with a handful of other hyper-wealthy Americans) has funded and organised a campaign to (in the words of one historian) ‘save capitalism from democracy — permanently.’ That campaign, as Powell recommended, has been waged on multiple fronts: in academia, the media, politics and the judiciary. Its success has relied on a near-perfect alignment of ideology and self-interest — and a ruthless persistence on Koch’s part."

https://medium.com/volans/how-the-powell-memorandum-changed-capitalism-and-what-we-can-learn-from-it-today-d2ce10234f82

Kochs invested a lot of money in supreme court judge trump appointment Gorsuch, who is an anti regulation extremist.

yeah, Garland is doing nothing. as is Biden, Pelosi, Schumer.

bravely singing songs.

Edited by Mark F