US Politics

Rich

On 2022-06-21 at 10:22 AM, Mark F said:

Really wonder where all of this will end.

tpm

"Eric Greitens, the disgraced former governor of Missouri seeking political redemption in a MAGA-fied U.S. Senate bid, released a campaign ad Monday advertising a “hunting permit” for his political opponents — so-called “RINOs,” or “Republicans in Name Only.” 

A campaign ad for Greitens’ new political assassination campaign opens with Greitens holding a shotgun and strolling past a mailbox labeled “The RINO’s Den.” 

“I’m Eric Greitens, Navy SEAL, and today we’re going RINO hunting,” Greitens says in the ad — though he’s not actually a SEAL anymore. 

The ad then pans to Greitens joining several men with military fatigues on the front porch of a house. One of them uses a battering ram to knock down the door, followed by the deployment of a flash-bang grenade."

Came to post this, but saw that it has already been mentioned. Not too long ago I would have thought this was surely satire out of something like Idiocracy.

Edited by WildPath

School shootings are so normalised in the US now that every time you can predict the outcome.  Outrage for a week or 2 then back to normal. It won't change. Or if it does it will be for the worse. I believe this chart covers the last 9 years. And just to keep that American number in perspective,  Canada had 19 school shootings between 1884 and 2016.

School Shootings by Country 2022

Show Sources

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

But it's not just the GOP. The Dems while not as utterly insane as the Trump crew have been guilty of pandering to the rich and to large corporations just to fill their coffers. Of starting needless wars that have killed 10s of thousands. Of not joining the rest of the world in a healthcare system that helps everyone. Of not waking up to the destruction of the enviroment.  Republican or Democrat the USA is all about amassing my stack of money and keeping the other guys hands off of it. That stack and what the individual desires is more important than anyone else's life ( including children), the rest of the world, the environment they live in, or their fellow citizens rights or lives.  They are a failed state. Can they recover ? Perhaps but it might require them to completely fall apart 1st. And that won't  be particularly pleasant for their next door neighbours.  

Edited by the watcher

1 hour ago, the watcher said:

But it's not just the GOP. The Dems while not as utterly insane as the Trump crew have been guilty of pandering to the rich and to large corporations just to fill their coffers. Of starting needless wars that have killed 10s of thousands. Of not joining the rest of the world in a healthcare system that helps everyone. Of not waking up to the destruction of the enviroment.  Republican or Democrat the USA is all about amassing my stack of money and keeping the other guys hands off of it. That stack and what the individual desires is more important than anyone else's life ( including children), the rest of the world, the environment they live in, or their fellow citizens rights or lives.  They are a failed state. Can they recover ? Perhaps but it might require them to completely fall apart 1st. And that won't  be particularly pleasant for their next door neighbours.  

Yep, the Dems are every bit the money grubbers the GOP is, they just virtue signal better. I get the criticisms of Trump and the GOP over all, but I find it highly hypocritical when those same people choose to ignore the greed and corruption of Biden and company. Just the flip side of the same coin.

Edited by GCn20

49 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Yep, the Dems are every bit the money grubbers the GOP is, they just virtue signal better. I get the criticisms of Trump and the GOP over all, but I find it highly hypocritical when those same people choose to ignore the greed and corruption of Biden and company. Just the flip side of the same coin.

Virtue Signal better... 🙄

The same minus the virtue signaling... 

Ok, I will bite- what are some specific examples of virtue signaling. Genuinely interested in your examples here.

Lie and deflect. That's why the right is popular among people who don't believe in science or research. They find people who say things they like, even if they're proven incorrect, so it doesn't matter. 

Save your energy, @Wanna-B-Fanboy, it will just be a bunch of hyperbole and whataboutism. All they have. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Lie and deflect. That's why the right is popular among people who don't believe in science or research. They find people who say things they like, even if they're proven incorrect, so it doesn't matter. 

Save your energy, @Wanna-B-Fanboy, it will just be a bunch of hyperbole and whataboutism. All they have. 

True, but I wanted to give @GCn20 a chance to flesh out his opinion.

41 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

True, but I wanted to give @GCn20 a chance to flesh out his opinion.

Honestly, I don't see the point in doing so. I express my opinion, an opinion that is reasonable and fair, and am told I am lying and deflecting when in the first sentence I stated the GOP is corrupt and money grubbing. The issue is that I dared suggest that the Dems are the flip side of the coin and I'm guilty of whataboutism ? Believe what you wanna believe, Biden is as crooked as they come and you guys can accuse me of any sort of bias for saying that but the truth is the truth. I am just honest enough to recognize a **** show when I see one and it is not confined to one of the American parties. I won't defend the GOP but I am not stupid enough to believe they are the only occupants of the cesspool that is American politics. Is one worse than the other, perhaps, but smelling whose pile of turd is worse seems kinda pointless.

2 hours ago, JCon said:

I completely support science and research. 100%. I have supported all vax mandates, and restrictions. You are trying to discredit my opinion by playing boogeyman to anyone who doesn't kiss the arse of your precious DEMS. You are part of the problem, part of the polarization. You scream whataboutism and go out and do it yourself. Hypocrite much?

7 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Honestly, I don't see the point in doing so. I express my opinion, an opinion that is reasonable and fair, and am told I am lying and deflecting when in the first sentence I stated the GOP is corrupt and money grubbing. The issue is that I dared suggest that the Dems are the flip side of the coin and I'm guilty of whataboutism ? Believe what you wanna believe, Biden is as crooked as they come and you guys can accuse me of any sort of bias for saying that but the truth is the truth. I am just honest enough to recognize a **** show when I see one and it is not confined to one of the American parties. I won't defend the GOP but I am not stupid enough to believe they are the only occupants of the cesspool that is American politics. Is one worse than the other, perhaps, but smelling whose pile of turd is worse seems kinda pointless.

I completely support science and research. 100%. I have supported all vax mandates, and restrictions. You are trying to discredit my opinion by playing boogeyman to anyone who doesn't kiss the arse of your precious DEMS. You are part of the problem, part of the polarization. You scream whataboutism and go out and do it yourself. Hypocrite much?

Uhhhh, thanks?

But my question was:

"what are some specific examples of virtue signaling. Genuinely interested in your examples here."

4 hours ago, the watcher said:

I've heard over the years that Democrats in the US would be seen as conservatives here, some sane, some insane depending on who you are specifically talking about.

23 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Except nobody is defending the Democrats. Or POTUS.

violin-tiny.gif

17 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Uhhhh, thanks?

But my question was:

"what are some specific examples of virtue signaling. Genuinely interested in your examples here."

Are you surprised no actual answer could be provided and instead it's just a persecution complex on full display?

🎶 "It's the conservative way!" 🎶

At Least 5 Members Of Congress Asked Trump For Pardons, According To Jan. 6 Committee
The requests stemmed from their involvement in Trump’s schemes to try to subvert the 2020 presidential election.

WASHINGTON ― The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol named five additional Republican Congress members who sought pardons from President Donald Trump.

The requests stemmed from their involvement in Trump’s schemes to try to subvert the 2020 presidential election, which Trump insisted he won despite losing by several million votes.
The committee previously revealed that Rep. Scott Perry (R-Pa.) sought a presidential pardon, something the congressman denied.

During Thursday’s public hearing on Capitol Hill, witnesses close to the Trump White House said in previously recorded interviews that Republican Reps. Matt Gaetz (Fla.), Mo Brooks (Ala.), Andy Biggs (Ariz.) and Louie Gohmert (Texas) also asked for pardons.

“The pardon he was requesting was as broad as you can describe ... for any and all things,” former Trump White House lawyer Eric Herschmann said of Gaetz in video testimony that the committee played on Thursday.

Cassidy Hutchinson, an aide to former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, confirmed to the committee that Gaetz and the other GOP members of Congress sought pardons.

“Mr. Gaetz and Mr. Brooks I know both advocated for there to be a blanket pardon,” Hutchinson said.

Hutchinson said that she heard Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) also asked for a pardon but that she didn’t hear it directly. “I heard that she asked the White House counsel’s office for a pardon,” she said.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ongress-members-asked-trump-pardons-january-6_n_62b4d3c4e4b0cdccbe68f26a

Witness Tells Jeff Clark He’s Perfect for Trump AG Because His First Step Would Be to Commit Felony

Just how unqualified was Jeff Clark, the man Donald Trump wanted to install as Attorney General? Well, for starters, he’s the guy whose home the F.B.I. raided Wednesday.

But before that…

“When he finished discussing what he planned on doing, I said ‘(expletive), congratulations. You just admitted your first step you would take as A.G. would be committing a felony. You’re clearly the right candidate for this job,'” former Trump White House attorney Eric Herschmann was heard testifying via pre-recorded video on Thursday.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Hutchinson said that she heard Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) also asked for a pardon but that she didn’t hear it directly. “I heard that she asked the White House counsel’s office for a pardon,” she said.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ongress-members-asked-trump-pardons-january-6_n_62b4d3c4e4b0cdccbe68f26a

https://www.ajc.com/politics/former-white-house-aide-says-marjorie-greene-requested-pardon-after-jan-6/2JFLJ72H6VD7VCJ7QZSHXQN4RA/