US Politics

Rich

THE WHOLE FAMILY IS LINING UP AT THE TROUGH:

Eric Trump's wife and Don Jr.'s girlfriend are on Brad Parscale's payroll — at $15K a month

Trump's campaign manager, Brad Parscale, is paying Lara Trump and Kimberly Guilfoyle in murky "adviser" roles

ROGER SOLLENBERGER

APRIL 24, 2020 4:00PM (UTC)

President Trump's campaign manager, Brad Parscale, has been paying $15,000 a month — the equivalent of the top White House salary — to Lara Trump and Kimberly Guilfoyle, the wife and girlfriend of Eric Trump and Donald Trump Jr., respectively, for campaign work.

The payments, the existence of which was revealed in March by the New York Times, reportedly came through one of Parscale's private companies, Parscale Strategy.

https://www.salon.com/2020/04/24/eric-trumps-wife-and-don-jrs-girlfriend-are-on-brad-parscales-payroll--at-15k-a-month/

Biden predicts Trump will try to postpone US election

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden has predicted that US President Donald Trump will try to postpone the country’s November election in an attempt to win. ”Mark my words, I think he is gonna try to kick back the election somehow, come up with some rationale why it can’t be held,” Biden said during an online fundraiser on Thursday. The 77-year-old former vice president said it is “the only way he thinks he can possibly win.”Six months before US voters head to the polls, Trump’s mind is already in election mode.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/04/biden-predicts-trump-will-try-to-postpone-us-election/

34 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

TBF, an epidemic is a pretty good rationale. The Dems did not want the WISC primary to go through.

It’s virtually impossible though.  And he could only delay it to the extent a winner is inaugurated in January on time.  If anything a delay would strengthen the argument for mail in votes etc. 

If you are thinking that the GOP and Trump have any desire to obey the law and/or American constitution, the events of the past few months ought to have shown you otherwise. He has already spoken of dismissing both houses in order to force through appointments, something never never done before, ignored the emoluments rules and has openly conspired with foreign governments to affect elections. All he needs do is dismiss both houses, declare an emergency, and postpone the election by fiat. Not a big step, given his actions.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I would be curious to see what would happen if trump just said  no election, president for life.... 

I don't think he would do that directly. He would probably delay indefinitely, as he has done with some of his appointments, where he "temporarily" appointed people so that he did not have to have them confirmed by hearings.