US Politics

Rich

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

What the he'll is wrong with these people...?

Apparently the right-wing nuts in the States have been encouraging their followers to go out in public with no masks or distancing to "prove" that this is all a hoax. And if they die off in large numbers, it will validate Darwin and improve the gene pool at the same time. 

3 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

What the he'll is wrong with these people...?

It’s a really sad scene to see these little trumpets, pretending to be part of a collective who have a brain, publicly show their ignorance and not even know it.

Another sad scene, for me, is that Michigan is just across the river for me...and they can get across.

11 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

It’s a really sad scene to see these little trumpets, pretending to be part of a collective who have a brain, publicly show their ignorance and not even know it.

Another sad scene, for me, is that Michigan is just across the river for me...and they can get across.

I can't wait to see the news headline in the near future: "4 Michigan Conservative Protesters test positive for COVID-19"

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

And here we go- Social Distancing Deniers....

200415142724-03-lansing-coronavirus-prot

How many of these very fine people are also climate change deniers?

And the protest was organized by the family of one Betsy Devos, Trump's Secretary of Education who has been fiercely busy licensing private schools with generous grants for startups and many of these took the startup money and are no longer to be found anywhere. Many millions have evaporated.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

And the protest was organized by the family of one Betsy Devos, Trump's Secretary of Education who has been fiercely busy licensing private schools with generous grants for startups and many of these took the startup money and are no longer to be found anywhere. Many millions have evaporated.

Any virus that gets near those folks, are gonna get full of holes....

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

Looks more like the ilk of  Betsy's brother, Erik Prince.... 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

If this Pandemic has done nothing else it has shown the glaring difference in our two countries. Every time I watch the news from South of the border all I can think is " thank God Im on this side of the line ".Ever since Katrina I have been of the mind that we are watching a nation in its death throws. Violence, hate, anger, greed, an inability to pull together even in a time of crisis, a complete lack of empathy for each other. Its one of the few  countries  in the world that has allowed politics to take presidence over fighting the pandemic. Lots of mistakes have been made by many countries but always its been leaders TRYING to do what they think is right and best for their people. The real question for me is how far will the crumble go.

From www.Dailygrail.com

Army Decides a Pandemic Is a Good Time to Give GOP Donors $569 Million to ‘Build the Wall’

MONEY PRINTER GO BRRR

What coronavirus crisis? Big Republican donors get a half-billion dollar, no-bid deal that one watchdog calls “a travesty that must be investigated and audited immediately.”  

Updated Apr. 17, 2020 7:35AM ET Published Apr. 16, 2020 8:30PM ET 

In the middle of a pandemic that has killed 27,000 Americans and counting, the Army this week gave a politically connected Montana firm half a billion dollars—not to manufacture ventilators or protective gear to fight the novel coronavirus, but to build 17 miles of President Trump’s southern border wall.  

On Tuesday, the Army Corps of Engineers announced it awarded BFBC, an affiliate of Barnard Construction, $569 million in contract modifications for building “17.17 miles” of the wall in two California locations, El Centro and San Diego. That works out to over $33 million per mile—steeply above the $20 million-per-mile average that the Trump administration is already doling out for the wall. Construction is supposed to be completed by the end of June 2021.

And it’s only the latest wall contract the firm has gotten. BFBC, a reliable contributor to Republican politicians, has gotten over $1 billion in taxpayer money in less than a year to build a mere 37 miles worth of wall. Scott Amey, the general counsel at the Project on Government Oversight, urged federal watchdogs to investigate the new BFBC contract.

15 hours ago, Tracker said:

Apparently the right-wing nuts in the States have been encouraging their followers to go out in public with no masks or distancing to "prove" that this is all a hoax. And if they die off in large numbers, it will validate Darwin and improve the gene pool at the same time. 

Unfortunately all this will do is infect a portion of them in which they will infect others and so on and so on increasing the spread that the majority won’t be life threatening (some will tho probably those who doesn’t deserve it) but will increase the number of people requiring hospitalization maxing out their healthcare resources.

13 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

And here we go- Social Distancing Deniers....

200415142724-03-lansing-coronavirus-prot

How many of these very fine people are also climate change deniers?

It'll be interesting to see what happens to these clowns in a couple of weeks. Michigan and Ohio are probably in for a bad time.

17 minutes ago, bustamente said:

There is a whole lot of stupid in this world and it seems the U S has cornered the market...........................trickle down effect

Most of the money earmarked for small business has been diverted to mega corporations. United airlines got 58 billion dollars and then started laying people off by the thousands. With Trump having fired most Inspectors General, there is minimal oversight, if any. 

From www.dailybeast.com

In a disturbing new series of tweets, President Trump on Friday urged Americans to “liberate” three U.S. states that are run by Democratic governors amid protests over coronavirus shutdowns. The three tweets took aim at Minnesota, Michigan, and Virginia. “LIBERATE VIRGINIA, and save your great 2nd Amendment. It is under siege!” one tweet read. Trump on Thursday refused to criticize protesters in some states, including Michigan, who are flouting stay-at-home orders and social-distancing guidelines amid the deadly pandemic. “I think they’re listening, I think they listen to me,” he said. “They seem to be protesters that like me and respect this opinion, and my opinion is the same as just about all of the governors.”

Trump has gone back and forth on who should have the ultimate authority to reopen state’s economies. On Monday, he claimed he has “total” power as president, while on Thursday he insisted governors would be able to “tailor [an] approach that meets the diverse circumstances of their own states”—the same day the U.S. deaths from COVID-19 hit a record 4,591 people.

It’s interesting that when we watch news clips showing the US President and the Corona virus we get little clips of what is happening. Then, they have to break away, but they do say “more on that later”. 
Then...they have clips of President Trump...