US Politics

Rich

11 hours ago, the watcher said:

I never said they were equal .No doubt the Republicans are disgusting. But if you remove about 4 items off that list then they are right there. It was the Democrats that instituted mandatory minimum sentencing. The Democrats have been perfectly willing to send their kids to unneeded wars that gain nothing but profits for corps under the guise of overblown patriotism.They had their chance to codify Roe vs Wade and didn't. I could go on.

As I said ones a dung hill.The  others a steaming rotten dung hill . Granted the latter is now filled with nutbars and lunitics

Well put. Way better than saying they're all bad.

11 hours ago, the watcher said:

I never said they were equal .No doubt the Republicans are disgusting. But if you remove about 4 items off that list then they are right there. It was the Democrats that instituted mandatory minimum sentencing. The Democrats have been perfectly willing to send their kids to unneeded wars that gain nothing but profits for corps under the guise of overblown patriotism.They had their chance to codify Roe vs Wade and didn't. I could go on.

As I said ones a dung hill.The  others a steaming rotten dung hill . Granted the latter is now filled with nutbars and lunitics

Good post. I think I misconstrued your original one. 

I dunno.  Saying one's a dung hill and the other one is a bigger one doesn't cut it for me in these times when clarity is so very important.  

The right is proving itself to be anti-government which is a dangerous thing when you elect them to govern.  

Ask yourself what are the things you find most important in a functioning society:  health? security? crime? environment? workers' rights? inequality? fair taxation?   Whether we want to admit it or not, you cannot improve any of the above without a properly functioning government.  When one side of the political spectrum is fighting to improve and even maintain past gains and the other side is actively trying to destroy those gains, only one smells like a pile of ****.

Republicans think wind turbines cause cancer, climate change is a hoax. block efforts to move to renewables. even try to punish those that do.

meanwhile

Democrat/ Biden inflation reduction act is a very big step towards getting off fossil fuel. And states controlled by Democrats are taking steps.

but beyond that, Republicans are at this point a party that has nothing beyond destroying democratic government, and installing a right, white, christian dictarorship.

ie. to turn America into sixties Brazil, or Argentina.

cant reasonably  say they are the same anymore.

Edited by Mark F

Dominion Completely Destroys The Fox ‘News’ Façade

In a 192-page legal filing, Dominion Voter Systems shattered any journalistic claims that Fox News had with messages revealing that Fox News is a political organization.

In a November 16 email, Rupert Murdoch told Scott to read a Wall Street Journal piece about Newsmax, telling her: "These people should be watched, if skeptically. Trump will concede eventually, and we should concentrate on Georgia, helping in any way we can. We don’t want to antagonize Trump further, but Giuliani is taken with a large grain of salt. Everything at stake here.”

Everything at stake here. Journalists and news organizations that are legitimate don’t work in service of an outcome regarding who wins and loses elections. The job of a journalist is to gather and report information, and journalism does not help “in any way” it can.

Fox News has been caught admitting its motivation internally that it isn’t in the journalism business. Fox News is a political organization pretending to be a news organization to help Republicans win elections.

The main goal of Fox News is to help Republicans win.

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Dominion Completely Destroys The Fox ‘News’ Façade

In a 192-page legal filing, Dominion Voter Systems shattered any journalistic claims that Fox News had with messages revealing that Fox News is a political organization.

In a November 16 email, Rupert Murdoch told Scott to read a Wall Street Journal piece about Newsmax, telling her: "These people should be watched, if skeptically. Trump will concede eventually, and we should concentrate on Georgia, helping in any way we can. We don’t want to antagonize Trump further, but Giuliani is taken with a large grain of salt. Everything at stake here.”

Everything at stake here. Journalists and news organizations that are legitimate don’t work in service of an outcome regarding who wins and loses elections. The job of a journalist is to gather and report information, and journalism does not help “in any way” it can.

Fox News has been caught admitting its motivation internally that it isn’t in the journalism business. Fox News is a political organization pretending to be a news organization to help Republicans win elections.

The main goal of Fox News is to help Republicans win.

While making gobs and gobs of money, money, money.

5 hours ago, Tracker said:

If Fox loses the case, the potential award to Dominion could be 1.4 billion dollars. That ought to smart.

What would really make me happiest, beyond Fox News going into bankruptcy, would be a judicial order forcing them to make an on-air public retraction of their false claims from each and every host who ever peddled the lie at the main network. Murdoch, Dobbs, Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham, Pirro, every single one of them in full, forced to tell their viewers that they knowingly lied to them. 

At Least 102 Kids Were Working In U.S. Meatpacking Plants, Labor Investigation Finds

The Labor Department says Packers Sanitation had children cleaning "back saws, brisket saws and head splitters."

The Labor Department said Friday that investigators found Packers Sanitation Services Inc. had employed more than 100 minors at meat processing facilities where they were cleaning dangerous industrial equipment using hazardous chemicals.

The investigation revealed that minors had worked at 13 facilities across eight states. Officials said they found at least three children had been injured while working for the company. The equipment they were cleaning included “back saws, brisket saws and head splitters,” according to the Labor Department.

Packers Sanitation Services agreed to pay $1.5 million in civil penalties as a result of the investigation, the agency said.

Just now, bustamente said:

Proud Boys are going to subpoena Trump, good luck with that. 

Well, it ought to be entertaining.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

At Least 102 Kids Were Working In U.S. Meatpacking Plants, Labor Investigation Finds

The Labor Department says Packers Sanitation had children cleaning "back saws, brisket saws and head splitters."

The Labor Department said Friday that investigators found Packers Sanitation Services Inc. had employed more than 100 minors at meat processing facilities where they were cleaning dangerous industrial equipment using hazardous chemicals.

The investigation revealed that minors had worked at 13 facilities across eight states. Officials said they found at least three children had been injured while working for the company. The equipment they were cleaning included “back saws, brisket saws and head splitters,” according to the Labor Department.

Packers Sanitation Services agreed to pay $1.5 million in civil penalties as a result of the investigation, the agency said.

1.5 million. Very little of which will find its way to the families of those children

I'm willing to bet they were all recent immigrants

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene was trying to say that she is not racist, but she ended up sounding really racist.

Greene said, “Anybody’s unemployment has to do with bad choices and personal responsibility, and again that has nothing to do with skin color. I know a ton of white people who are as lazy and sorry and probably worse than black people I know, and I would not hire them because they’re lazy. They’re sorry, and they’re pathetic, and that has everything to do with their bad choices.”

Edited by Tracker

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene was trying to say that she is not racist, but she ended up sounding really racist.

Greene said, “Anybody’s unemployment has to do with bad choices and personal responsibility, and again that has nothing to do with skin color. I know a ton of white people who are as lazy and sorry and probably worse than black people I know, and I would not hire them because they’re lazy. They’re sorry, and they’re pathetic, and that has everything to do with their bad choices.”

This piece of trash will probably run for President someday.

This bashing of Marjorie Taylor Greene seems somewhat feckless and inappropriate.......given that she is now a sitting member on the Committee for Homeland Security

or not....

‘We Need a National Divorce’: Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene Calls for Republican States to Secede From the Union
https://www.mediaite.com/politics/we-need-a-national-divorce-rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-calls-for-republican-states-to-secede-from-the-union/

"glug, glug, glug"

Edited by do or die

22 minutes ago, do or die said:

This bashing of Marjorie Taylor Greene seems somewhat feckless and inappropriate.......given that she is now a sitting member on the Committee for Homeland Security

or not....

‘We Need a National Divorce’: Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene Calls for Republican States to Secede From the Union
https://www.mediaite.com/politics/we-need-a-national-divorce-rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-calls-for-republican-states-to-secede-from-the-union/

"glug, glug, glug"

At what point do the blue states say "so long"

Carter was not as squeaky clean a President as is being said. Did some good, and some bad.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2015/08/18/jimmy-carters-blood-drenched-legacy/

Made up for  the bad after he left office.

re secession ... article...

https://news.yahoo.com/greater-idaho-pipe-dream-symptom-110000561.html

"The modern American political division is overwhelmingly between urban and rural areas. But there is no conceivable way to collect the rural areas into one set of political divisions and the urban areas into another."

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, do or die said:

or not....

"glug, glug, glug"

Blue states overwhelmingly subsidize red states... So... who wants to be the one to break it to her?