US Politics

Rich

Jim Jordan threatens 16 FBI officials with subpoenas after facing affront over three 'nutcase' whistleblowers

House Judiciary Chairman Jim Jordan, who infamously refused to honor a lawful subpoena from the U.S. House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack requiring his testimony last year, on Friday issued a letter to FBI Director Chris Wray demanding 16 FBI agents testify before his committee or face subpoenas to do so.

The letter is officially from the Judiciary Committee but was tweeted out by the Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government, which is also chaired by Jordan. That new subcommittee has been the subject of scrutiny and mockery over the past 24 hours after Jordan claimed he had three FBI "whistleblowers" who Democrats in a damning 300-page report say have no first-hand knowledge of any wrongdoing.
Democrats are demanding Jordan make the three agents testify in public "about the so-called 'weaponization' of the law enforcement agency," Raw Story reported.

"A series of reports have shown that Jim Jordan's new 'weaponization subcommittee' is based on lies," says MSNBC executive producer Kyle Griffin. "Witnesses who appeared at hearings have spread conspiracies about Jan. 6, some have zero firsthand knowledge of any FBI wrongdoing, and some have been paid by Trump allies."

The New York Times reported at least two of the so-called whistleblowers were compensated by a top Trump ally, Kash Patel.

Exposed: Dallas Humber, Narrator Of Neo-Nazi ‘Terrorgram,’ Promoter Of Mass Shootings

Antifascist researchers have identified Sacramento woman Dallas Erin Humber, seen here in a Facebook photo, as one of the main propagandists behind the neo-Nazi Terrorgram Collective.  Antifascist researchers have identified Sacramento woman Dallas Erin Humber, seen here in a Facebook photo, as one of the main propagandists behind the neo-Nazi Terrorgram Collective.
On Oct. 12, 2022, Juraj Krajčík used a laser-sighted gun to open fire outside a popular LGBTQ bar in Bratislava, Slovakia, killing two ***** people and wounding a third. “Feeling no regrets, isn’t that funny?” he tweeted. He killed himself a short time later.

The 19-year-old had also tweeted a link to a 65-page screed he’d authored advocating the genocide of ***** people, Jewish people and Black people. Krajčík mimicked and cited the writings of other white supremacist mass shooters, whom he referred to as “saints.” And in a “special thanks” section, he expressed gratitude for the online community that had radicalized him.

“Terrorgram Collective,” Krajčík wrote in italics for emphasis. “You know who you are…. Building the future of the White revolution, one publication at a time.

It was the first time the Terrorgram Collective — a neo-Nazi propaganda outfit that uses Telegram, an encrypted messaging app, to encourage acts of far-right terror and to celebrate the people who commit them — had been cited in a mass murderer’s twisted treatise.

The Terrorgram Collective is at the heart of the international neo-Nazi accelerationist movement, the most extreme and explicit iteration of white supremacism, which advocates deadly violence and other acts of destruction to hasten the collapse of society so that a whites-only world can be built in its place. The collective produces propaganda — audiobooks, videos and memes — that travels across the web in hopes of inspiring the next Christchurch shooter, who killed 51 Muslims in two mosques; the next El Paso shooter, who killed 22 Hispanic people in a Walmart; the next Pittsburgh shooter, who killed 11 Jews in a synagogue; and the next Buffalo shooter, who killed 10 Black Americans in a grocery store.

The Terrorgram Collective maintains a horrifying hagiology of these shooters, calling them “saints” and sanctifying their likenesses with medieval-style church drawings. Last year, to the alarm of antifascists and counterterror organizations, the collective produced a 24-minute documentary that glorified the murders committed by 105 “saints” over the last 50 years.

At CPAC, A Call For Trans People To Be 'Eradicated' Gets Big Cheers.  The conservative movement’s annual confab was creepily obsessed with trans kids and showcased the GOP’s alarming and intensifying anti-trans rhetoric.

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. — Thousands of conservatives, including prominent Republican lawmakers and presidential hopefuls, flocked to a suburban Washington, D.C., convention center this week to discuss children’s genitals.

They were there for the 2023 Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), the preeminent annual gathering of America’s conservative movement, where speaker after speaker held forth on the urgent need for the Republican Party — an institution ostensibly dedicated to limited government — to criminalize the act of doctors and parents providing minors with gender-affirming care.

Sebastian Gorka, an alleged member of a Nazi-collaborating political order in Hungary who served as an advisor to former President Donald Trump, kicked off proceedings Friday morning from the main stage inside the Gaylord Convention Center. Democrats, he warned the crowd, are “mutilating boys and girls” and “sacrificing them on the altar of their transgender insanity.”

A short time later, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) — a featured speaker at a white supremacist conference last year, where her fellow speakers praised Adolf Hitler and cheered on Russia’s invasion of Ukraine — took to the stage to make a big announcement.
“So last Congress, I did something radical and extreme because remember Marjorie Taylor Greene, ‘she’s so extreme,’” she joked. “I introduced a bill called the Protect Children’s Innocence Act. And let me tell you my great news this morning, ladies and gentlemen: It couldn’t pass last Congress because Nancy Pelosi was the speaker of the House. She doesn’t believe in gender at all, but we have a new speaker in our Republican majority… and I’m going to be re-introducing my bill… that will make it a felony to perform anything to do with gender!”

The crowd roared. 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cpac-trans-kids-eradicated-transgender-michael-knowles_n_64038d23e4b0c78bb7430b1c

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

Trump is starting to realize that he is in big trouble, does anything come of it maybe not but if he worries enough maybe he does the world a favour and stroke out

Hear me out on this. 

We need a Trump on the sane side but used ultimately for good.

Instead of this diplomatic watered down I live in the 70's approach (read MG), fight fire with fire.

Get people with influence and status to throw crazy right back at this type of magat crazy then go back to sane when talking with other sane people from all walks of life.

So people like MTG, full court press her and trump her craziness with higher degrees of craziness. She wouldn't expect it, it would flummox her and would force her ironically out of her comfort zone ie being a normal human being. 

12 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Hear me out on this. 

We need a Trump on the sane side but used ultimately for good.

Instead of this diplomatic watered down I live in the 70's approach (read MG), fight fire with fire.

Get people with influence and status to throw crazy right back at this type of magat crazy then go back to sane when talking with other sane people from all walks of life.

So people like MTG, full court press her and trump her craziness with higher degrees of craziness. She wouldn't expect it, it would flummox her and would force her ironically out of her comfort zone ie being a normal human being. 

It occurs to wonder if MTG and her ilk in the GOP are being allowed to babble stuff in order to make Trump look like a viable alternative by comparison.

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

Because Trump never did that?

Apparently as part of the deliberations about charging Trump will all manner of criminal offences, the prosecutors had to consider if he was non compos mentis, or if his attorneys would use that as a defence.

On 2023-02-23 at 12:14 PM, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Well, I guess we can put to bed whether or not Dilbert creator is racist. 

From the Canadian Press. I've bolded my favorite part:

Other cartoonists have stepped forward to denounce Adams, like Bill Holbrook, the creator of “On the Fastrack,” a strip that features an interracial family and — like “Dilbert” — focuses on a modern workplace.

“One of the things I wanted to spotlight with my characters is that people do rise above their differences. It can work,” Holbrook said. “That’s the spotlight I wanted to focus on and still do. It’s all a matter of where you want to put your focus.”

Holbrook said the Adams case is not one of so-called cancel culture but of consequences.

“I am in full support with him saying anything he wants to, but then he has to own the consequences of saying them,” he said. “He’s not being canceled. He’s experiencing the consequences of expressing his views.”

5 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

From the Canadian Press. I've bolded my favorite part:

Other cartoonists have stepped forward to denounce Adams, like Bill Holbrook, the creator of “On the Fastrack,” a strip that features an interracial family and — like “Dilbert” — focuses on a modern workplace.

“One of the things I wanted to spotlight with my characters is that people do rise above their differences. It can work,” Holbrook said. “That’s the spotlight I wanted to focus on and still do. It’s all a matter of where you want to put your focus.”

Holbrook said the Adams case is not one of so-called cancel culture but of consequences.

“I am in full support with him saying anything he wants to, but then he has to own the consequences of saying them,” he said. “He’s not being canceled. He’s experiencing the consequences of expressing his views.”

Exactly. 

This cancel culture thing is so ******* dumb. You get to say whatvever the **** you want in the USA, but the moment you are held accountable for expressing your views- it's cancel culture. No *****- it's consequences for saying the **** that you are saying.

11 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Exactly. 

This cancel culture thing is so ******* dumb. You get to say whatvever the **** you want in the USA, but the moment you are held accountable for expressing your views- it's cancel culture. No *****- it's consequences for saying the **** that you are saying.

12 hours ago, bustamente said:

Georgia Republicans are going full force to protect criminals

As former President Donald Trump pursues the 2024 GOP presidential nomination, he continues to face a variety of federal and state investigations — some criminal and some civil. Simultaneously, Trump is being probed by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and special counsel Jack Smith, the Manhattan District Attorney's Office, New York State Attorney General Letitia James and Fulton County, Georgia District Attorney Fani Willis.

Former Watergate prosecutor Jill Wine-Banks has, more than once, pointed out that even President Richard Nixon during the 1970s didn't have as much legal baggage as Trump.
Smith and James' Trump-related investigations intersect in some areas. Both of them are probing Trump's post-election activities of late 2020 and early 2021, but Smith is doing so at the federal level while Willis is doing so at the state level. And Smith's investigation is broader; Willis is zeroing in on Trump's efforts to overturn the presidential election results in Georgia.

In an article published by Above the Law on March 6, Baltimore-based reporter Liz Dye emphasizes that Georgia is among the states where Republicans are "proposing bills to impose statewide oversight on local prosecutors and even remove them from office if they fall out of favor with the ruling party." Their vehicle in the Peach State is Georgia Senate Bill 92, and Dye finds the bill's timing suspicious in light of DA Willis' Trump-related investigation.

okay not really against this but just because Clint Eastwood, Arnold Schwarzeneggar (I know I misspelled it) and Sonny Bono had good luck in politics doesn't mean everyone should do it (why can't he just do the Masked Singer like every other celebrity that has too much free time on their hands)

https://tvline.com/2023/03/07/ben-savage-running-for-congress-california-announcement/

2 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

What. The. Actual. ****. Is going on in the USA? 

It really is bizarro world over there when it comes to politics. I am not sure if it has always been this bad, but social media has brought it to light but OMG they need to scrub every single party over there and make them rebuild without any of the current candidates and power brokers allowed access again. I can honestly see Trump becoming president again that's how F'ed up they are.

Louisville Police Department ‘Unlawfully Discriminates Against Black People’: DOJ

A new report by the Department of Justice determined that the Kentucky police department responsible for the 2020 killing of Breonna Taylor “unlawfully discriminates against Black people,” among other findings.

The report, released Wednesday, found that the Louisville Police Department uses excessive force, uses invalid warrants to conduct searches, unlawfully stops people and “violates the rights of people engaged in protected free speech critical of policing.”

The DOJ’s two-year investigation began following the killing of 26-year-old Taylor by Louisville police officers, who knocked her door down while executing a drug search warrant. Taylor was fatally shot by police after her boyfriend fired a shot at the officers as they came through the door. Last year, a Louisville officer pleaded guilty to falsifying the warrant that led to the deadly shooting.

The scathing report details widespread abuses of power within the department and a lack of accountability.

“Failures of leadership and accountability have allowed unlawful conduct to continue unchecked,” the report says. “Even when city and police leaders announced solutions, they failed to follow through. In LMPD, officer misconduct too often goes unnoticed and unaddressed. At times, LMPD leaders have endorsed and defended unlawful conduct. A street enforcement unit that violated LMPD policy and federal law has been repeatedly rebranded, but never disbanded.”

The report also notes that the city of Louisville has paid out more than $40 million in the past to resolve claims of police misconduct.

Jim Jordan, MTG, And Lauren Boebert Refuse To Sign Letter Condemning White Supremacy

Republican on the House Oversight Committee like Jim Jordan, Marjorie Taylor Greene, and Lauren Boebert refused to sign a letter condemning white supremacy.

Via: The Independent:

Democratic members on the House Oversight Committee asked their Republican colleagues to sign a two-sentence statement that plainly rejects white supremacy, white nationalism, and a far-right conspiracy theory that suggests politicians are intentionally seeking to displace white Americans by loosening immigration.

All 26 Republicans on the GOP-led committee have signaled that they will not sign the statement, which a committee spokesperson characterized in a statement to The Independent as a distraction.

Just now, Tracker said:

Jim Jordan, MTG, And Lauren Boebert Refuse To Sign Letter Condemning White Supremacy

Republican on the House Oversight Committee like Jim Jordan, Marjorie Taylor Greene, and Lauren Boebert refused to sign a letter condemning white supremacy.

Via: The Independent:

Democratic members on the House Oversight Committee asked their Republican colleagues to sign a two-sentence statement that plainly rejects white supremacy, white nationalism, and a far-right conspiracy theory that suggests politicians are intentionally seeking to displace white Americans by loosening immigration.

All 26 Republicans on the GOP-led committee have signaled that they will not sign the statement, which a committee spokesperson characterized in a statement to The Independent as a distraction.

That's just silly, performative nonsense.

34 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

It really is bizarro world over there when it comes to politics. I am not sure if it has always been this bad, but social media has brought it to light but OMG they need to scrub every single party over there and make them rebuild without any of the current candidates and power brokers allowed access again. I can honestly see Trump becoming president again that's how F'ed up they are.

Not sure how you can equate the modern day republican party to the modern day Democratic party... why would you do that? They are not even close to being in the same orbit of lunacy- shake your head.

5 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Not sure how you can equate the modern day republican party to the modern day Democratic party... why would you do that? They are not even close to being in the same orbit of lunacy- shake your head.

The right always tries to deflect and both sides every argument. They have no ideas and no policies besides woke bad. 

4 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Apparently transparency in US politics is giving a fox talking head the ability to try to rewrite history. 

They admit that they've been lying to the public for years but the mouthbreathers that watch don't care. They like being lied to, as long as it's to serve white supremacy.