US Politics

Rich

It's a prerequisite that all politicians in US nowadays be the worst of the worst all looking out for themselves all the while enriching themselves, and it's slowly if not already happening up here, as for Liz Cheney she licked Trumps boots until he kicked her to the curb, but really who cares Trump the imbecile is playing them all and they look like fools

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Cheney is completely correct but it's wonderful to see such a murderous person tossed from the party her dad used to push his personal agenda. The whole lot of them are horrible, murderous thugs. Burn the whole thing down. 

It is already  burning down and you ( or me for that matter ) aren't going to like the results. If things proceed as " they " plan  the far right won't be allowed to lose the next  " election ". That's in quotes because it won't really be an election.

8 minutes ago, the watcher said:

It is already  burning down and you ( or me for that matter ) aren't going to like the results. If things proceed as " they " plan  the far right won't be allowed to lose the next  " election ". That's in quotes because it won't really be an election.

Yeah, if the Dems don't get their **** together and pass some federal guidelines for voter rights to override the crazy amount of voter suppression laws being passed... they are done. Their democracy would likely be toast too... 

25 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I would like to read about this, do you have an article?

This is what I was referring to"

"However, in 2006, the Conservatives were elected federally on a platform that pushed for a mix of public and private health care, provided that health care stays publicly funded and universally accessible."

https://www.cbc.ca/news2/background/healthcare/public_vs_private.html

Harper was always a fan of privatization:

33 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yeah, if the Dems don't get their **** together and pass some federal guidelines for voter rights to override the crazy amount of voter suppression laws being passed... they are done. Their democracy would likely be toast too... 

You already have to outvote the GOP by some margin to win an election. Gerrymandering and racist voter laws being implemented will continue to make things worse. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

You already have to outvote the GOP by some margin to win an election. Gerrymandering and racist voter laws being implemented will continue to make things worse. 

Yea but Biden and his noobs are just as bad. Sheep. SMH. Far right far left same thing.

For all you ‘both sides are just as bad you just can’t see it thru your bias’ out there, did I do it right?

56 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Their system is such a convoluted thing it makes really hard to fix. Maybe they can but I'm not so sure.

On 2021-05-11 at 10:29 AM, wanna-b-fanboy said:

How are you even equating the two? Serious question, what metric are you going by? 

I am honestly baffled (maybe I am a noob to politics), can you indulge me and give me a few examples, I haven't been as tuned in to US politics since Biden.

Also, the sheer volume of despicable actions on one side FAR outweighs the other. 

No it doesn't. Trump just wore it more publically. The Clintons were despicable, so much so that she couldn't even beat Trump. There are hundreds of articles about the Clinton foundations corruption...look into it. As for Biden, if you think he and Hunter are innocent of corruption you will be surprised once the investigation turns in its findings.

On 2021-05-11 at 11:55 AM, blue_gold_84 said:

Maybe the opposition here in Canada should do a better job with its so-called "leaders," eh? From Howdy Doody Milkman to Doublespeak Tool... That party is basically in shambles while still somehow grifting its diehard supporters. Denying science, spreading misinformation, and being disingenuous has undoubtedly thrown a fair share of fuel onto the ongoing pandemic situation in Canada.

Sure, the Liberals have their warts and Trudeau is by far no exception in that regard, but of course you'd cry about him and his party in a thread not related to it. Weird how you rarely, if ever, crap on the CPC with the same enthusiasm.

If you don't think US politics affect us here in Canada, why are you here in this thread pulling logical fallacies out of your ass?

Totally agree the opposition here is doing a horrible job and is in a leaderless shambles right now. If they weren't perhaps Trudeau would have been forced to resign and been prosecuted by now. 

4 minutes ago, the watcher said:

Their system is such a convoluted thing it makes really hard to fix. Maybe they can but I'm not so sure.

Its a **** show over there. The electoral college needs to go.

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

This is what I was referring to"

"However, in 2006, the Conservatives were elected federally on a platform that pushed for a mix of public and private health care, provided that health care stays publicly funded and universally accessible."

https://www.cbc.ca/news2/background/healthcare/public_vs_private.html

That's not exactly 2 tier healthcare though. Maybe it was designed to be a slippery slope towards it but not exactly campaigning on 2 tier Healthcare.

Just now, 17to85 said:

That's not exactly 2 tier healthcare though. Maybe it was designed to be a slippery slope towards it but not exactly campaigning on 2 tier Healthcare.

The left defines anything that may be private/public as two tiered. The unions made sure of that.

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

No it doesn't. Trump just wore it more publically. The Clintons were despicable, so much so that she couldn't even beat Trump. There are hundreds of articles about the Clinton foundations corruption...look into it. As for Biden, if you think he and Hunter are innocent of corruption you will be surprised once the investigation turns in its findings.

The Republicans invested a lot of time and energy to find anything on Biden and had to make up **** about Hunter's laptop. So please show some evidence. Same for Hillary Clinton. 

We will leave Bill out cause he has some skeletons in his closet for sure, but nowhere near what the Republicans have.

Just now, 17to85 said:

The Republicans invested a lot of time and energy to find anything on Biden and had to make up **** about Hunter's laptop. So please show some evidence. Same for Hillary Clinton. 

We will leave Bill out cause he has some skeletons in his closet for sure, but nowhere near what the Republicans have.

We will leave Bill out of it, we will deny the laptop evidence, we will deny the corruption of the Clinton foundation but every trope trotted out about the right is gospel. Got it. Now I know this exchange is a waste of my time.

Just now, Wideleft said:

Definitely open to interpretation.

I always find the problem when talk of changing our healthcare system comes up everyone panics because we live so close to one of the worst and most expensive systems to the south of us. Many other countries have good systems that include some forms of private/ user fee type of systems. Many of them cost less than ours and run as or more efficiently. But not all.

Just now, GCn20 said:

The left defines anything that may be private/public as two tiered. The unions made sure of that.

But... that is very definition of two-tiered... It not a "left" thing... it's a grammar thing. I think you would be hard pressed to find many grammarians in unions... unless it's the Global United Grammarian Alliance- then sure... you might be on to something.

12 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

If you can pay to jump the queue while others can't afford to, that is two-tier.

17 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

You forgot to mention Benghazi, baby-eating and witchcraft.

Edited by Wideleft

2 hours ago, Wideleft said:

thanks.

horrible.

Gary Filmon tried to turn homecare into for profit.

found that the government run system was cheaper, and didnt do,it  to his credit.

but then laid off nurses in large numbers, creaing a real mess, which had to be fixed by doer, ndp.

our system is fine the way it is thanks.

last thing we need is pissing around with it. that will not go well for most people.

some things simply should not be based on profit and loss.

wrong thread sorry.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

We will leave Bill out of it, we will deny the laptop evidence, we will deny the corruption of the Clinton foundation but every trope trotted out about the right is gospel. Got it. Now I know this exchange is a waste of my time.

Deny what evidence? I am waiting for you to provide some . The evidence for Trump is well documented. So please share all this evidence. 

Or if we are just supposed to take your word for it thanks for wasting everyone's time.

17 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Deny what evidence? I am waiting for you to provide some . The evidence for Trump is well documented. So please share all this evidence. 

Or if we are just supposed to take your word for it thanks for wasting everyone's time.

His comment was akin to the anti-vax and flat earther argument to "go do your own research, and you'll find the evidence..."

2 hours ago, Wideleft said:
  2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Going to make this really simple for you - only have to read the headline:

Republican senators find no evidence of wrongdoing regarding Biden and Ukraine policy

September 23, 2020

https://theweek.com/speedreads/939236/republican-senators-find-no-evidence-wrongdoing-regarding-biden-ukraine-policy

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/23/us/politics/biden-inquiry-republicans-johnson.html