US Politics

Rich

17 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Taylor Levy couldn't understand why she'd been held for hours by Customs and Border Protection officials when crossing back into El Paso, Texas,

I suspect that most of the border insanity, was overseen by Holocaust survivor offspring Miller.  I think there is some evidence that children of survivors are not normal.

Trump probably wouldnt be infesting america with his presence  if his rules were applied to  his family. 

Edited by Mark F

Liz Cheney says Republican colleagues voted her out because of 'threats on their lives'

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) revealed on Sunday that some Republicans did not come to her defense while she was being ousted from leadership because of "threats on their lives."

"There was really nobody that came to your defense," ABC host Jonathan Karl noted during an interview with Cheney that aired on Sunday. "You were pretty much alone on this."

"It is very important to stand up for what's right," Cheney replied. "I know that there are many members who have expressed concern about their own security."

"And I think that's an important point," she continued. "We now live in a country where members' votes are are affected because they're worried about their security, they're worried about threats on their lives. So I think that's part of it."

Liz Cheney says Republican colleagues voted her out because of 'threats on their lives' | Salon.com

55 minutes ago, Mark F said:

I suspect that most of the border insanity, was overseen by Holocaust survivor offspring Miller.  I think there is some evidence that children of survivors are not normal. Trump probably wouldn't be infesting America with his presence  if his rules were applied to  his family. 

Trump's father wouldn't have to worry about getting into the US- he was a good Nazi.

Subpoena Issued in Probe Around Trump Ambassador Pick

A federal grand jury has issued a subpoena for documents and communications surrounding Donald Trump’s failed nomination of GOP donor Douglas Manchester for U.S. ambassador to the Bahamas, The San Diego Union-Tribune reported. It appears the subpoena was sent to Manchester’s ex-wife and seeks all material related to his political donations and his nominations in May 2017 and early 2018. It specifies communications between the Manchesters and Republican National Committee bigwigs Ronna McDaniel and Tommy Hicks or any member of Congress. Douglas Manchester declined to comment, and his ex-wife would not confirm she received a subpoena. CBS News previously reported that McDaniel hit up Manchester for a $500,000 donation while his nomination was stalled in the Senate. He replied, “As you know, I am not supposed to do any (political contributions during the confirmation process) but my wife is sending a contribution for $100,000”—and then suggested that once he was confirmed as ambassador, more would be coming.

-Getty News

Video From 2019 Shows Crazy QAnon Congresswoman Harassing AOC Through Her Office Mail Slot

Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene is a problem.

At some point, Republicans are going to have to look in the mirror and ask themselves is this the party that they want to be? And after they answer with a resounding “Yes!” then Democrats are going to have to find a way to handle this. I’m not talking about violence, but there has to be something in those old Roadrunner and Coyote cartoons that Dems can use to trick the GOP into falling off a cliff.

Can’t the Dems just order something from ACME?

Seriously, why is this proving to be so hard, because like it or not, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, isn’t just the new face of crazy in Congress, she’s the new face of the Republican Party. And they love this ****, and something tells me that if she keeps this up she’s going to end up on getting pummeled while some intern shouts “World Star!”
A recently released video shows Greene during a 2019 visit to the U.S. Capitol with “associates who include a man who would later enter the Capitol during the Jan. 6 insurrection, Greene—then a conservative activist—can be seen taunting Ocasio-Cortez’s staff outside the congresswoman’s locked office by talking through a mailbox slot urging her to come out,” CNN reports.

From CNN:

In the video, from a since-deleted Facebook Live of Greene’s that was saved by CNN’s KFile, Greene tells Ocasio-Cortez to “get rid of your diaper,” referring to the congresswoman’s office as a “daycare.” Greene repeatedly indicates throughout her stream that security has been called on them.

“We’re going to go see, we’re going to visit Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Crazy eyes. Crazy eyes. Nutty. Cortez,” Greene says to the camera on the way to the congresswoman’s office, mispronouncing “Ocasio.”

Either AOC wasn’t there, or she and her staff could recognize crazy from a mile away, because her office was locked, thank God. That didn’t stop Greene and her merry band of “Make America Great Again” hats as they began mocking the New York representative and her staff through the mail slot because that’s a totally normal thing for a grown-ass woman to do.

Greene can be heard telling the congresswoman to open the door.

“Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, I’m an American citizen. I pay your salary through the taxes that you collect for me through the IRS because I’m a taxpaying citizen of the United States,” Greene says, adding that members of Congress are “employees” who “work for us.”

“So you need to stop being a baby and stop locking your door and come out and face the American citizens that you serve,” she says. “If you want to be a big girl, you need to get rid of your diaper and come out and be able to talk to the American citizens. Instead of having to use a flap, a little flap. Sad,” CNN reports.

One of the MAGAts then comes to the mail slot and says, very ominously, “You can’t stay in there forever. Come out and play.

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Liz Cheney says Republican colleagues voted her out because of 'threats on their lives'

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) revealed on Sunday that some Republicans did not come to her defense while she was being ousted from leadership because of "threats on their lives."

"There was really nobody that came to your defense," ABC host Jonathan Karl noted during an interview with Cheney that aired on Sunday. "You were pretty much alone on this."

"It is very important to stand up for what's right," Cheney replied. "I know that there are many members who have expressed concern about their own security."

"And I think that's an important point," she continued. "We now live in a country where members' votes are are affected because they're worried about their security, they're worried about threats on their lives. So I think that's part of it."

Liz Cheney says Republican colleagues voted her out because of 'threats on their lives' | Salon.com

Trump's father wouldn't have to worry about getting into the US- he was a good Nazi.

Member of political elite, who promotes the summary execution of brown people, disappointed that others with the same feelings didn't support her over top US white supremacist. Feels betrayed by her kind.  Boohoo, Liz. 

Edited by JCon

Trump DOJ Tried to Unmask User Behind Devin Nunes Parody Twitter Account
-Reuters
A newly unsealed court filing reveals an attempt by the Justice Department, in the waning days of the Trump administration, to force Twitter to identify the person (or people) behind a parody account that poked fun at Republican congressman and Trump sycophant Devin Nunes (CA). On November 24, 2020, Twitter was served with a subpoena demanding the name of whoever was running @NunesAlt, along with a gag order prohibiting the company from going public about the request.

52 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Trump DOJ Tried to Unmask User Behind Devin Nunes Parody Twitter Account
-Reuters
A newly unsealed court filing reveals an attempt by the Justice Department, in the waning days of the Trump administration, to force Twitter to identify the person (or people) behind a parody account that poked fun at Republican congressman and Trump sycophant Devin Nunes (CA). On November 24, 2020, Twitter was served with a subpoena demanding the name of whoever was running @NunesAlt, along with a gag order prohibiting the company from going public about the request.

What a disgusting action by a disgusting government. 

Why was the DOJ so beholden to Trump, seriously what could these people at the top have to gain by doing Trump's dirty work what's the attraction of lawlessness for a guy like Trump a and his cronies, if Trump ever gets indicted he will throw all these clowns under the bus to save himself

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Why was the DOJ so beholden to Trump, seriously what could these people at the top have to gain by doing Trump's dirty work what's the attraction of lawlessness for a guy like Trump a and his cronies, if Trump ever gets indicted he will throw all these clowns under the bus to save himself

We can only hope that the flunkies who have proof of Trump's corrupt and illegal actions will come forward, to save their own butts if nothing else.

4 minutes ago, bustamente said:

So Kevin McCarthy opposes the 1/6 commission, could you imagine when he gets subpoenaed and tells the American public that he begged Trump for help and Trump did nothing

And, this would anger the GOP. Not because Trump did nothing but because Kevin felt the need to ask for help from the good'ol racist garbage attacking the Capital. 

Democrats need to stand up and tell the Republicans that they are in charge, the 1/6 commission will happen people will be subpoenaed and anyone not responding to said subpoena will be arrested and brought before the commission, if they don't want to answer question they can do so for all Americans to see, none of this absolute immunity garbage they got away with before

Leaked video lays bare right-wing dark money's 'ugly' role in crafting voter suppression bills

All over the United States — from Georgia to Arizona to Iowa to Texas — Republicans in state legislatures have been pushing voter suppression bills that are designed to make it harder to vote. And CNN has obtained a copy of a leaked video showing the role that "dark money" in the form of Heritage Action for America (the Heritage Foundation's sister organization) has played in crafting these bills, some of which have already been signed into law by Republican governors who include Georgia's Brian Kemp and Florida's Ron DeSantis.

In the leaked video aired by CNN and previously reported by Mother Jones, Heritage Action Executive Director Jessica Anderson can be seen bragging about the group's influence on those bills. Anderson, in the video, declares, "We're working with these state legislatures to make sure they have all of the information they need to draft the bills. In some cases, we actually draft them for them. Or, we have a sentinel, on our behalf, give them the model legislation so it has that grass roots, you known, from the bottom up, type of vibe."

CNN host Chris Cuomo, before airing the video, explained, "We're going to show just how ugly the game has gotten when it comes to the effort to suppress the vote." And he went on to explain why Anderson's use of the word "sentinel" is important.

Cuomo, the brother of Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, told viewers, "I want you to remember the word sentinel and the phrase, 'You know, they pass it along so it has that grass roots vibe.' This is the game…. Money matters."

The CNN host noted how deceptive Heritage Action's claims are. Heritage, in a statement to CNN, claimed that its intention is to make voting more transparent; Cuomo disagrees.

Cuomo said of Heritage, "You want to cheat. You want to limit how many people can vote — for minority groups and big urban areas, and those local officials you want cut out of the process. That's what you want because that is the far-right sale of White fright. These suppression advocates organize and then weaponize, many selling White fright and false notions that the election was stolen by big groups."

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

The Democrats really need to go full scorched Earth and start going on the offensive. This Bipartisan BS is such a con and they are falling for it...

Rick wilson has it Bang on in this thread:

Yup because if they don't it really feels like it something more than them just falling for it. 

5 hours ago, bustamente said:

So Kevin McCarthy opposes the 1/6 commission, could you imagine when he gets subpoenaed and tells the American public that he begged Trump for help and Trump did nothing

So, congresional Dems want a 1/06 commission to investigate what happened, who was involved and how did it come to be... but the members of Y'all Queda have issues with it... ffs...

Well it's a given this POS doesn't want to have an investigation into 1/6 how proud must the GOP be, don't look over here where our Republican Trump bootlickers tried to overturn the election, stormed the Capitol caused destruction and death, buildings can be rebuilt, lives cannot, they don't want the truth to come out 

30 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Well it's a given this POS doesn't want to have an investigation into 1/6 how proud must the GOP be, don't look over here where our Republican Trump bootlickers tried to overturn the election, stormed the Capitol caused destruction and death, buildings can be rebuilt, lives cannot, they don't want the truth to come out 

Oh, man, they want to investigate the police and they're actions during the BLM protests?? Bring it on, you racist POS. Kettling, live rounds, unlawful detainment, summary execution... the list goes on.