FNF - Ham. @ Ottawa / Tor. @ Calg.

Mr Dee

52 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Calgary is ripe for the picking and I think the Bombers or Esks. are the only two teams with a realistic chance of upsetting them.

They're 9-0 at home and will likely finish 17-1. They'll host the Western final and will be rested while the semi-finalists beat the tar out of each other for the right to challenge them for the Western title. What makes them "ripe for the picking" or is this sarcasm/wishful thinking? 

7 hours ago, J5V said:

They're 9-0 at home and will likely finish 17-1. They'll host the Western final and will be rested while the semi-finalists beat the tar out of each other for the right to challenge them for the Western title. What makes them "ripe for the picking" or is this sarcasm/wishful thinking? 

Well, I can guarantee you that they won't finish 17-1.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Well, I can guarantee you that they won't finish 17-1.

Okay, 16-1-1. If they beat Montreal in their final game, and why wouldn't they, they'll best the mark of 16-2 by the Esks in '89, the previous best mark ever in the CFL. Not too shabby.

Edited by J5V

59 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Fun Fact, Edmonton got upset at home in 89 after going 16-2. Anything is possible.

I still can't get over BLM saying they are going to show us who we are, or words to that effect. I'm sure he was told by DD and/or Huffer to shut his damned mouth. That's exactly the kind of motivation a hungry team like ours needs to upset the behemoth and yes, it sure is possible, provided we can get there. Did Messam tweak anything in last night's game? Is BLM 100%? Kinda surprised they both played as much as they did yesterday. It'd be a shame if someone from Montreal jumped on BLM's arm in the last game of the season but crap happens, as we well know.

12 hours ago, J5V said:

Nah, they're over-confident and BLM thinks he's invincible.  Edmonton showed how to dismantle them last year and made BLM look ordinary, I don't think this year's version of the Stamps is any better.  It's just a matter of having an opponent perform at the top of their game and play ball from the opening whistle on. (HEY BOMBERS!)  A team with a pretty record like that is never as good as they think they are.

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Chick made a play, but Burris was real dumb and slow to react to heavy pressure on that play.

Burris had his QB escape clock going. He would have made a play, if it we're not for Chick. Chick put just a little bit more in his jump to turn a normal rush into a game winning play.

At least, that's how I saw it.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Nah, they're over-confident and BLM thinks he's invincible.  Edmonton showed how to dismantle them last year and made BLM look ordinary, I don't think this year's version of the Stamps is any better.  It's just a matter of having an opponent perform at the top of their game and play ball from the opening whistle on. (HEY BOMBERS!)  A team with a pretty record like that is never as good as they think they are.

Or a coach who's waiting till the playoffs to try a certain scheme against them. AKA the Giants finding ways to pressure Brady in the Super Bowl. 

6 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Burris had his QB escape clock going. He would have made a play, if it we're not for Chick. Chick put just a little bit more in his jump to turn a normal rush into a game winning play.

At least, that's how I saw it.

Yep, I think you nailed it. Not bad for a player pulled off the scrap heap.

On 10/21/2016 at 11:54 PM, J5V said:

The thinking is that they will potentially be rusty and overconfident... I believe it was Dee that posted in another thread that they will have 41 days between clinching 1st and playing the West final... and with the week 20 bye that also means 3 weeks with no games at all... So I don't know if it makes them "ripe for the picking" but I would certainly suggest they could be vulnerable...

38 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Those of you who have better memories will correct me but hasn't  Calgary lost out before to teams with lesser records in the last few years?

I believe the year the Riders won, 2013, they were 2nd in the west and went into Calgary and won the West final... I'm sure Ripper can verify or deny this claim..

8 hours ago, bearpants said:

The thinking is that they will potentially be rusty and overconfident... I believe it was Dee that posted in another thread that they will have 41 days between clinching 1st and playing the West final... and with the week 20 bye that also means 3 weeks with no games at all... So I don't know if it makes them "ripe for the picking" but I would certainly suggest they could be vulnerable...

I get it, hard to stay sharp with all that time off, but given the two scenarios, I'd much rather be going into a game with all my starters well rested. It's a huge advantage especially in the fourth quarter of a close game. I'm sure a good coach can find ways to keep a team sharp and on the edge.