Tiger-Cats @ Riders

Zontar

Just now, TrueBlue4ever said:

Wow, 3rd and inches and they call Hamilton on illegal procedure because the centre tips the ball up before the snap. That is the most mickey mouse call I have ever seen in 35+ years of attaching football.

He moved the ball slightly after he tilted it. I've never seen that called before but he didn't just tilt it.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The more I watch Hamilton's secondary and Ottawa in general, the more I want us to tank and get 4th place so we can waltz into the grey Cup on a crossover.

Since the crossover began in 1996 the crossover team has won 2 semi-final games and none have EVER advanced to the GC.

Edited by Jacquie

42 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

He moved the ball slightly after he tilted it. I've never seen that called before but he didn't just tilt it.

That was a cheap call. What is it with the CFL, the rules, the officiating & interpretation of the rules with something like that? It really is a serious problem. I don't know how you fix it... There's just too much to fix. It was a great league until some idiots tried to embrace technology with stupid humans involved.

Edited by iso_55

1 hour ago, Jacquie said:

3rd and inches and he clearly moved the ball forward????  Penalty every day of the week. BS that has never been called before. It has been called against Riders before last year

3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Wow, 3rd and inches and they call Hamilton on illegal procedure because the centre tips the ball up before the snap. That is the most mickey mouse call I have ever seen in 35+ years of attaching football.

That is procedure, just like pointing is, once you are set you can't move. Period. 

2 hours ago, iso_55 said:

That was a cheap call. What is it with the CFL, the rules, the officiating & interpretation of the rules with something like that? It really is a serious problem. I don't know how you fix it... There's just too much to fix. It was a great league until some idiots tried to embrace technology with stupid humans involved.

If you move once set it is a penalty. I OLs were getting away with a lot of cheating and they rightfully have clamped down on it. I should also point out the amount of procedure was drastically reduced in the last number of years when they decided that the OL was not automatically called for procedure when they moved in response to early DL movement. I can tell you from experience that always sucked having to sit there like a target while some DL teed off on you or took a run at your QB. That was what what was expected.

1 minute ago, Dragon37 said:

If you move once set it is a penalty. I OLs were getting away with a lot of cheating and they rightfully have clamped down on it. I should also point out the amount of procedure was drastically reduced in the last number of years when they decided that the OL was not automatically called for procedure when they moved in response to early DL movement. I can tell you from experience that always sucked having to sit there like a target while some DL teed off on you or took a run at your QB. That was what what was expected.

But that wasn't procedure where an OL left his stance early. It was a center adjusting the ball. No one moved. The OL were still in their set positions behind the ball. The Rider center was moving the ball the same way & was never called. All centers do that. For some unknown reason the line judge decided to call it. I don't blame Austin for being enraged on the sidelines. That was the only time they called it as well. Strange call.

5 hours ago, Dragon37 said:

You can move the ball up until set then you can't. Once set you can't move anything, the ball included. Most centres go into stance, adjust the ball, then look up all before set is called after that they don't move.

And you're saying the Hamilton center didn't do that? It looked fine to me & everybody else. The Al Bradbury crew is maybe the worst, well maybe the second worst to Kim Murphy's. It came down to interpretation... again... of the rules. No consistency at all. Other officials wouldn't have called it. This ref did. The other thing, I think I've seen that call being made we'll say, once in a blue moon. Of the 500-600 snaps this weekend, the thousands so far this season & the tens to hundreds of thousands of snaps made in the last decade & more, why isn't this penalty called more often?? It just doesn't happen because the officials allow some discretion for the center to comfortably grip the ball. It was a cheap call.

30 minutes ago, Dragon37 said:

When set is called there is to be no movement. If you see it you flag it. That's the rule. Winnipeg got called for pointing this year and they are about the only ones that I have seen and in the replay you see it and it was clearly during set. 

Again, interpretation. That's all it is. Some refs call it, others don't. You can quote the rule book verbatum until the cows come home but it makes no difference as 2 officials will look at the same situation & call it differently. That is what's so frustrating about CFL officials these days .

Edited by iso_55