Official GDT: Banjo Bowl Edition

Noeller

7 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I dont know how he'd be a an every down back (at least for one game) But Lochard/Denmark imo > JFG/Flanders.  he only had a couple runs yesterday but Lochard looked pretty good, obviously not as spectualuar as that one catch by JFG but he had a couple nice runs

The trouble is that the Riders defensive line was getting their asses handed to them so I don't know that it's really a fair judgement based on that game. When you win the trenches so convincingly I'd expect any professional rb to have some good runs. I think either option can work but I'd prefer Flanders/JFG personally. 

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

If we leave Flanders off the roster and start Lochard, Normand would have to be the backup rb. I don't see this scenario playing out. 

I think Denmark & JFG could both start and we'll di or scratch Sheppard, depending on who takes Wild's roster spot.

I think Denmark or McDuffie would be the DI.  Sheppard is pretty integral on damn near every down for what Lapo is trying to do to counter blitz, especially with a new back in there who would be playing his first real CFL game.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

I just read Riderfans....  always a great read after they lose.  

What I learned:

Durant should of been pullled by the 2nd quarter.... and then midway through the 3rd quarter he is worshiped once again.

Rider fans HATE Matt Dunigan and claim that he and Black are huge Bomber homers... yet Suitor is not and makes a point of not being bias to the green. I found this hilarious since he is probably the worse and has turned it down this season only because they suck.  In past years when they fielded good teams the guy was ridiculously bias. 

More fans are detaching from the green matrix and are waking up to realize that it's not the refs and that the coaches should be the ones to blame.

Unfortunately a large majority still think that they are screwed by the league and somehow completely forget about the weak call on the Fogg return TD and various other calls that were completely obvious to anyone not wearing green.  

They absolutely hate Dressler now and think he's a cocky over rated jerk?

They hate Kendial Lawrence even more and are planning to poop on his lawn.

They are happy that the NFL is back and that they want to watch *real* football and that the CFL is unwatchable.  

Not one single post about a good move or play that the Bombers did... it was all screwed up calls by refs and one or two players on the green who messed up.  

They are starting to gang up on their own fans... the ones that have awaken from the green kool aid daze.   

It's a funny read if you have some free time....

Funny thing is, most of this stuff is all gone now. Somebody, probably the OP, nuked the GDT. Happened right after a fight breaking out after someone said they were done watching games for the season. Hopefully the mods still have the power to see some of what happened because there were some brats who needed bannings.

1 hour ago, AtlanticRiderFan said:

Funny thing is, most of this stuff is all gone now. Somebody, probably the OP, nuked the GDT. Happened right after a fight breaking out after someone said they were done watching games for the season. Hopefully the mods still have the power to see some of what happened because there were some brats who needed bannings.

I did read some messages saying that the GDT was being tinkered with... I imagine that it was worse during the actual game.  

If I was a Rider fan I would be placing the blame on Jones and the club.   He's clearly in over his head and needs help both in acquiring new/good talent and for coaching the team.    With a good starting QB they are not that far off from at least being competitive and getting some wins.   

It blows the mind that they want to get rid of Durant and think the refs are out to get them...

1 hour ago, GimliJetsMan said:

Tough hard fought win.

A bit better with the run game, Medlock hits his Field Goals and this is a comfortable win.

The Rider D came to play. Their punter and punt coverage was also very good.

The Riders became 1 dimensional so quick. They need a running back.

The Rider RB is good- quick, fast and tough. He got only marginal help from his O-line and play calling.

39 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I did read some messages saying that the GDT was being tinkered with... I imagine that it was worse during the actual game.  

If I was a Rider fan I would be placing the blame on Jones and the club.   He's clearly in over his head and needs help both in acquiring new/good talent and for coaching the team.    With a good starting QB they are not that far off from at least being competitive and getting some wins.   

It blows the mind that they want to get rid of Durant and think the refs are out to get them...

A vocal minority wants Durant gone. Most of us think he should be extended. As for the rumours lately about DD, most of us think they're false.

I'm 100% done with Jones if DD gets traded. That will be the last straw. As it is, the team has been damaged from all the changes, fines, etc., all because of him. He's a fraud.

21 minutes ago, AtlanticRiderFan said:

A vocal minority wants Durant gone. Most of us think he should be extended. As for the rumours lately about DD, most of us think they're false.

I'm 100% done with Jones if DD gets traded. That will be the last straw. As it is, the team has been damaged from all the changes, fines, etc., all because of him. He's a fraud.

The bad news is you will have to stick with Jones for at least a year. Since you're still paying your previous coach - Chamblin. 

18 hours ago, iso_55 said:

I was gulping down that Canadian Club as the game went on. I tell ya. Hate the Riders.

In two games we beat them by a combined 10 points. Yeesh. Glad we won but hard on the liver.

drnky.gif

15 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

If we leave Flanders off the roster and start Lochard, Normand would have to be the backup rb. I don't see this scenario playing out. 

I think Denmark & JFG could both start and we'll di or scratch Sheppard, depending on who takes Wild's roster spot.

Burnett did a great job as a replacement, he was all over the field.  As far as I can tell Wild was injured on Roosevelt's big gainer in the first Q, so Burnett subbed most of the game.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

6 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Burnett did a great job as a replacement, he was all over the field.  As far as I can tell Wild was injured on Roosevelt's big gainer in the first Q, so Burnett subbed most of the game.

Yeah, I'm assuming Burnett would start in his place. I meant who would take his roster spot if he's out. I'm hoping Hurl is healthy enough to come back next week.