Why do people seem to be so unhappy with Orridge?

Mike

Honestly. I don't get it.

Is it just unfamiliarity with what he is supposed to do? Is it because people just insist on disliking the commissioner no matter who it is? Inherent bias because they were unhappy with his appointment in the first place? Because he blew a deal in the NHL when he was with CBC?

What is it? I see so many comments blaming him for things that have nothing to do with him or complaining about how he doesn't appear to be doing anything. It's a joke at this point. Orridge has done a BUNCH for this league and he's only been in office for 16 months or so now.

Since his time in office, he has:

- Introduced a domestic violence policy that applies league-wide, includes mandatory training for every employee

- Introduced a drug policy that now tests 100% of the players in the CFL

- Rebranded the league and while I can't give him credit for the Adidas deal, the entire marketing venture surrounding the rebrand has been what I would call a success

- Introduced a partnership with DraftKings that has expanded the CFL exposure in the US and seen a substantial boost in the ESPN ratings

- Introduced an initiative that gets the CFL partnered up with the NFL for referee cross training - whether this proves to work or not, it's an intelligent move for a league that greatly needs to improve their efforts in regards to officiating

- Confirmed development of a CFL video game that is LONG overdue

So what's the deal? What is this guy doing that is so wrong?

You know what, I agree with Mike here.. I don't get it either, he's done a lot of good for sure....  I really don't want to go there because i don't consider myself to be that type of person, but... i wonder if the color of his skin has anything to do with it? I don't know... I certainly hope not but... you go on twitter and read some comments and yeah it's just idiots being idiots but you do see a fair number of comments basically crapping on him because he is black. 

think he is doing fine, biggest blemish in the league is fan support in BC and Toronto and there is not that much he can do that he hasnt already done.  Although im convinced part of BCs issues are the result of loss of discretionary income for many vancouverites from living in the 3rd most expensive city in North America.   

Some people just want to rage at the powers that be, plus he's leading a league wide conspiracy against Canada's team, the flagship and cornerstone franchise of the league. He should tread lightly because without the Riders army of unquestionably loyal fans the league would implode in on itself and cease to exist. **** Orridge. 

i would like to know his plan of attack for expanding CFL exposure in the states.  I saw ESPN ratings of like 120,000 for a recent game, is that an improvement on last season?  Imagine if the league was supplemented by a solid US contract that was even half of TSNs.  An extra 2 million per team and extra $750,000 in cap space would be awesome for drawing better talent here.  

I tend to agree that the common denominator here in regards to the apparent dislike has to do with following Mark Cohon who was universally respected and the best commissioner the league has had in recent memory and the supposed conspiracy against the Riders. 

Some people don't like the new CFL logo, if that's the largest blemish on his record then I would say he's done a damn fine job.

If/when the CFL video game comes to fruition and isn't some Mickey Mouse job but an honest to goodness Madden-like experience then he hits a home run in my books.

16 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Xbox One is the superior platform.

Those guys aren't endorsed by the CFL though.  I thought I heard that the CFL is working with EA for an actual game.

That's a matter of opinion. Also, I don't have an Xbox one soooo I still say BOOOOO!

And an EA CFL game would be fantastic!!!

Edited by Bigblue204

Unless the CFL and CFLPA are behind the game, it's not worth it. Don't make some generic thing with generic teams and player names. No point to that at all.

As for Orridge, let's wait for Iso to chime in. He's been leading the parade for hating on the commish...

I read somewhere that the EA Game isn't happening... somebody in the CFL said it's not gonna happen. Someone big, Dennis Skulsky or something like that might be the guy? I'm not sure but I heard strong rumors that the whole making of the CFL video game isn't true at this time. 

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Unless the CFL and CFLPA are behind the game, it's not worth it. Don't make some generic thing with generic teams and player names. No point to that at all.

As for Orridge, let's wait for Iso to chime in. He's been leading the parade for hating on the commish...

Yeah I'm not too thrilled at the notion of QB#12 throwing to WR#89. Can mock up something in Madden that would be better.

1 minute ago, Nash00 said:

Yeah I'm not too thrilled at the notion of QB#12 throwing to WR#89. Can mock up something in Madden that would be better.

That's true, but the 3 down/bigger field is the thing that can't be done in madden. I want to play a game with CFL rules as much as CFL players.