Willy for Durant?

7 hours ago, iso_55 said:

The Argos love Ray. if they let Harris leave why would they pursue Franklin? Just askin'.

Letting Harris leave was a mistake and they have to know that, doing it again and passing up on Franklin for the sole purpose of being stubborn would be fallacy. 

Edited by Blueandgold

43 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Letting Harris leave was a mistake and they have to know that, doing it again and passing up on Franklin for the sole purpose of being stubborn would be fallacy. 

Why would you compare Franklin to Harris?

One guy had 4350 yards with 33 TDs while the other had under 1000 yards passing and only 6 tds and only started 2 games.  

What about Danny LeFevour... he had 1200 yards passing and about 400 yards running? 

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

Why would you compare Franklin to Harris?

One guy had 4350 yards with 33 TDs while the other had under 1000 yards passing and only 6 tds and only started 2 games.  

What about Danny LeFevour... he had 1200 yards passing and about 400 yards running? 

First of all, I didn't compare Franklin to Harris. Second of all, It's the eye test. Franklin has a lot of supporters in the league and for good reason. He's not a similar player, but he's in the exact same situation Mike Reilly was before he came to Edmonton.

By the way, Reilly also threw for under 1000 yards passing before signing in Edmonton.

25 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

First of all, I didn't compare Franklin to Harris. Second of all, It's the eye test. Franklin has a lot of supporters in the league and for good reason. He's not a similar player, but he's in the exact same situation Mike Reilly was before he came to Edmonton.

By the way, Reilly also threw for under 1000 yards passing before signing in Edmonton.

One notable difference between the two is that the last game Franklin played he was 13/28 for 105 yards.  Reilly never had a game like that in BC.

39 minutes ago, Atomic said:

One notable difference between the two is that the last game Franklin played he was 13/28 for 105 yards.  Reilly never had a game like that in BC.

He also had a few outstanding games, and our current starting QB was given to us for peanuts because Franklin was considered to be a superior player.

1 minute ago, Blueandgold said:

He also had a few outstanding games, and our current starting QB was given to us for peanuts because Franklin was considered to be a superior player.

Also true.  But you said it's the exact same situation as Mike Reilly but it's not quite the same, that's all I'm pointing out.

I wouldn't move Willy for Durant. Durant may be a proven quantity but he is approaching the end of his career while I remain hopeful that Willy can overcome his current woes. I don't fault Willy for having issues I fault those above him for not recognizing the issue sooner and either pulling him out sooner or doing something more to help him work through his issues.

To be honest though I had not expected Nichols to return to his pre-injuries form. I am still very impressed at how damn efficient he has been. He is so different from the Matt Nichols of the last two years.

My point was that LeFevour had a few great games and he was the next greatest thing.... same with Troy Smith.... same with Rakeem Cato.... same with a whole crap load of other 3rd stringers.   

Franklin might have a great upside but to compare him to Trevor Harris is foolish.    Franklin at this point in his career is a nobody and wouldn't be worth a whole lot for a trade. 

As others have said, Durant has quite a few more miles on him than Willy... I wouldn't make that trade unless there was an additional upside (for salary purposes etc.)

Also, of the two I think Willy has the better team aspect to him, Durant seems like he is a bit arrogant at times which can only cause dissent among the ranks.

Edit: Thanks Noeller for point out my mistake :\

Edited by Eternal optimist
I'm an idiot

10 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

As others have said, Willy has quite a few more miles on him than Durant... I wouldn't make that trade unless there was an additional upside (for salary purposes etc.)

Also, of the two I think Willy has the better team aspect to him, Durant seems like he is a bit arrogant at times which can only cause dissent among the ranks.

I've never seen that side of Durant that you're referring to as an arrogant team player. i think he has a very good rep as a team leader with the Riders.

12 hours ago, KptKrunch said:

Durant took a pay cut to stay with there. Willy would need to do the same in Wpg before I`d categorize him in that league. Durant is very well respected in that locker room and to say anything but that is just plain `making stuff up`

Durant is making less money than Willy this year by about 60k. For those of you suggesting you wouldn't trade Willy for Durant? Well I don't think I could really respond without being insulting.

• 3 weeks later...