Willy for Durant?

4 hours ago, White Out said:

no brainer deal for us to do this. why would Saskatchewan do this? Willy is just as prone to injury as Durant and isn't nearly as good.

Durant is 3 times the better qb than Willy. If the Riders did that it would mean Jones has totally lost his mind.

55 minutes ago, MyDogHasScheifeles said:

Why trade for Durant? Why give up on Willy? The guy just needs more time on the sideline. He has been shellshocked. It can  take qbs time to recover mentally from the punishment and injuries that are aflected on them. We can afford Willy that time.

Willy is just about done. I hope he never plays another down for us again. Time to move on.

Jones and the pitchfork crowd in Regina have to have somebody not named Jones to hang for the current woes, and Durant is drawing a lot of flak on the Rider fansite, so he is looking like the sacrificial lamb. Willy did show some promise in Regina, so he might be welcome there.

Durant looks done to me, like it's not a mental thing, it's a physical thing. I think with Willy, It's mental, and i think you can probably hopefully maybe fix that mental aspect, I'm not sure you can fix Durant tho so I'd probably pass on a Durant for Willy trade. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Durant looks done to me, like it's not a mental thing, it's a physical thing. I think with Willy, It's mental, and i think you can probably hopefully maybe fix that mental aspect, I'm not sure you can fix Durant tho so I'd probably pass on a Durant for Willy trade. 

There was this other QB who looked done - good coaching and protection scheme revived his career 

25 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Maybe Walters might explore trade with Ottawa.

Ottawa maybe interested with the rights to Bilukidi while Burris might provide a better security for us than Willy.

Im not sure whats the trade off financially though.

I can't see Burris being willing to come here to back up Nicholls.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Maybe Walters might explore trade with Ottawa.

Ottawa maybe interested with the rights to Bilukidi while Burris might provide a better security for us than Willy.

Im not sure whats the trade off financially though.

Good gracious no. I'd rather pry Travis Lulay away from BC if we're talking insurance.

6 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Durant is 3 times the better qb than Willy. If the Riders did that it would mean Jones has totally lost his mind.

I think that's a gross exaggeration. Durant has beneffited from a very good Oline in front of him for most of his career.

6 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Willy is just about done. I hope he never plays another down for us again. Time to move on.

I do. I hope we get to see him play behind the likes of Bond, Hardrick, et al. I think he might surprise. No way do I give up on him that easily.

5 hours ago, J5V said:

I think that's a gross exaggeration. Durant has beneffited from a very good Oline in front of him for most of his career.

I do. I hope we get to see him play behind the likes of Bond, Hardrick, et al. I think he might surprise. No way do I give up on him that easily.

Not convinced. Not the way his decision making was happening. He was playing pooly when he was benched. I can't see that changing if he's stressed on the field when he takes the snap.

silly trade suggestions aside... the intriguing part of this conversation is what is Durant's value now?... Is he still a top 5 starter in the league? Or is he better suited as a reliable veteran back-up? ... I think if we had an up-and-coming young QB who looks like a future starter, Durant would be a great insurance policy... If Durant wants out of Sask after this year, he could conceivable try to win a starting job somewhere like Mtl or Tor... or here?

7 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Not convinced. Not the way his decision making was happening. He was playing pooly when he was benched. I can't see that changing if he's stressed on the field when he takes the snap.

I find these to be interesting comments from someone who has a QB in the family.

I don't think we'll be trading for Burris, Durant or any other QB right now. Both have been good in the past, but they have a shelf life and it's looking to be neering the expiry date for both. Not saying picking up Durant as a free agent would be bad idea if the opportunity presented itself. I think right now he's a victim of the rebuilding mess in Sask. 

Just a big hard No to Burris. Don't need the ego or whiney attitude. I actually liked watching Ottawa when Trevor Harris was starting.

As for Willy, he's better than he has played so far this year. Needs some work to get his job back. Perhaps he'd be better off with another team. I think Sask could use him back. 

We won't be trading Willy this year. No one wants him at $411K, let alone give us a good player and take on his salary. We'll likely hold on to him for the rest of the season then ask him to take a pay cut to less than half what he's currently making. I'd rather sign Franklin and let Willy go, but I doubt management will see it that way.