Willy for Durant?

I wouldnt personally, I think durants best days are behind him(scary to think im only a few weeks older then him) If nichols continues to play decent ball i'd probably just outright release willy in the offseason and hope our backups can answer the call next season if nichols goes down.  Davis is in his what 2nd year with the bombers? I would hope by year 3 (next) he would be more then capable to run our offense when called upon

I think Durant will be looking for a new home...His time in Regina looks to be just about over...Where will he land and how much does he have left in those old legs...???Big question marks for those seeking his services...Would we....should we....He sure knows Dress and Smith and I could see him moving us down the field in short order if they can ever stay healthy BUT how much shelf life does Durant still have????

16 minutes ago, White Out said:

no brainer deal for us to do this. why would Saskatchewan do this? Willy is just as prone to injury as Durant and isn't nearly as good.

Willy may be a lot of things, but injury prone is not one of them. There isn't a QB in the league who wouldn't have missed time playing for the Bombers last year. 

17 minutes ago, White Out said:

no brainer deal for us to do this. why would Saskatchewan do this? Willy is just as prone to injury as Durant and isn't nearly as good.

I think that both sides could have some degree of motivation to make this deal.

Sasky needs to show their fanbase that they aren't sitting with the status quo, because the status quo clearly isn't good enough. Maybe the fairytale begins anew with Willy's return to the bald prairie?

As to the BB; think how close we currently are to being a championship team (I don't believe we are there)?...Now imagine having a revitalized DD behind centre for a playoff run (if/when Nichols goes down). Even as a relief pitcher he could have value, because at this point, Willy doesn't inspire optimism.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

7 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Willy may be a lot of things, but injury prone is not one of them. There isn't a QB in the league who wouldn't have missed time playing for the Bombers last year. 

This is false and you know it to be false. In the next sentence you agree with but suggest it's the fault of the other players. Willy has had injury problems since year 1. 

The crux of this trade proposal is not about who is your most resilient player. it's that it only needs to last for the remainder of this year. Either QB could be traded/cut/ or restructured at year end.

Who would you rather have as your relief guy for a championship run in 2016...Durant or Willy?

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

Perhaps this is for the Willy thread, but I would suggest that he (Drew) is not even as good as Nichols at this moment. Not sure a one for one swap with the Riders would be accepted by them. If they want anyone else as part of the deal that would break it for me ...

Not sure if anyone has seen the Kings Speech but Willy needs a Geoffrey Rush type character to teach him how to play football again. Give him some confidence. Could Buck be that guy?  I'd hate to just give up on him and then see him go on to a rewarding career elsewhere, a la Danny McManus.