Willy for Durant?

14 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

No, my son is a former qb with SFU in Burnaby.

Has he ever gone through anything similar to what Willy went through here? 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Mtl is a couple losses from being out of it, this is probably as high as his value will ever get again. It depends on if pop thinks glenn is a part of the future in mtl or not.  I think that deal only goes through if we some how work in salary cap relief for them. Or any deal they do this year. 

That would be interesting too. I like cato, Id certainly take him over our back ups. Though keeping 4 around is allways a good idea. 

Yes, i supose nothing is totally out of the question. Wasn't that long ago Edmonton traded away Ray and got very little for him

43 minutes ago, tracker said:

Good idea. But it would be good to know if either Davis or Bennett can function well in a game situation. Practice is nice but nowhere as immediate or chaotic as it is during a game.

A little playing time for the backup can be a good thing. Could be having Davis in short yardage or garbage time.

1 hour ago, J5V said:

Has he ever gone through anything similar to what Willy went through here? 

No, he's always had a good OL in front of him. He's taken some big hits & injuries like a broken collarbone & torn hamstring but never the kind of leg injury Willy suffered.

40 minutes ago, Jesse said:

His rights don't mean anything if he wants to go to free agency.

Franklin doesn't want to go to F.A. what he probably wants is a shot at a starting job and a big contract.  If that can be pre-arranged prior to F.A. I think he'd be happy.  Remember how the Bombers acquired Willy?

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

8 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Franklin doesn't want to go to F.A. what he probably wants is a shot at a starting job and a big contract.  If that can be pre-arranged prior to F.A. I think he'd be happy.  Remember how the Bombers acquired Willy?

We were the last available team with an open spot when we made that trade, so I guess it depends on how it goes down.

at the moment, there are multiple teams with starting QB up for grabs and he might want the opportunity to choose his opportunity.

15 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Mtl is a couple losses from being out of it, this is probably as high as his value will ever get again. It depends on if pop thinks glenn is a part of the future in mtl or not.  I think that deal only goes through if we some how work in salary cap relief for them. Or any deal they do this year. 

That would be interesting too. I like cato, Id certainly take him over our back ups. Though keeping 4 around is allways a good idea. 

If Popp thinks KG is the future of MTL, he might as well get ready for his exit interview

2 hours ago, holoman said:

If Popp thinks KG is the future of MTL, he might as well get ready for his exit interview

pretty much. But if he isnt the future, and they fall out of contention which would be a couple loses away, they need to move away from glenn. Too much money on a team thats in cap trouble plus they have young guys and if you arent winning you gotta be developing guy that will help you win.

James Franklin is probably the most coveted young QB in the league right now, there could be interest in him from both Montreal and Saskatchewan, and even Winnipeg if the season goes awry... or maybe Winnipeg will be interested regardless.  I could see him getting moved in a deal similar to what Edmonton paid to get Mike Reilly.

He would not have to learn a new offence. He would be no questioned starter. Montreal spent a first rounder on Adams no way they take on another quarterback. Milonovich has backed him self into a corner with Ray. Last seat left is Riders maybe Bombers. Franklin is a 100% the QB Jones wanted in Edmonton. I would not of been surprised if they would of moved Reiley at some point in 2017 or 2018 if he would of stayed.

6 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

He would not have to learn a new offence. He would be no questioned starter. Montreal spent a first rounder on Adams no way they take on another quarterback. Milonovich has backed him self into a corner with Ray. Last seat left is Riders maybe Bombers. Franklin is a 100% the QB Jones wanted in Edmonton. I would not of been surprised if they would of moved Reiley at some point in 2017 or 2018 if he would of stayed.

Lots of heresy and speculation in this post. Ray is just about done, the bigger question is whether or not Franklin fits the Milanovich system.                                 Either way, when a good young QB becomes a free agent, unexpected teams will take a seat at the table. Let's not forget when we assumed ZacH Collaros was coming here, due to Winnipeg being the one obvious option. 

4 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Franklin will be a huge gamble for any team if he's anointed starter next season.  Without a vet QB in place to back him up  there is a very good chance the wolves devour him, especially if he lands in Sask. if they dump Durant.

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Wtf has Franklin done. Every team has the next young great qb. I thought Adams in Montreal was the next greatest thing? 

I agree he is overhyped.  He didn't get a chance to play long enough for other teams to figure him out.  He looked good for 2 games last year but lots of backup QBs look good for a couple games.

On August 22, 2016 at 4:36 PM, tracker said:

Good idea. But it would be good to know if either Davis or Bennett can function well in a game situation. Practice is nice but nowhere as immediate or chaotic as it is during a game.

But.... Brian Brohm was said to have always looked great in practice!

13 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

I don't see why Franklin would go to the Riders if he's offered the same money/opportunity elsewhere.  The Argos should also be meintoned as a team potentially interested in him.

The Argos love Ray. if they let Harris leave why would they pursue Franklin? Just askin'.