Is Jeremiah Masoli better than Nichols?

IC Khari

iirc nichols didnt play vs edmonton it was all willy so the Masoli vs nichols comparison because one could beat edmonton doesn't sound fair

Personally i liked what i saw out of masoli late last year, I figured if he wasnt going to start in hamilton hed sign on else where. but tbh im not going to play QB envy everytime an opposing team QB has a good game, waste of time and anger

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

Masoli's performance in Edmonton was amazing and who knows, he may never play that well again. However, Kent Austin is a very good judge of talent and if he has kept Masoli around, it was surely because he was capable of this sort of thing. I don't think Edmonton's defence fell apart in the second half, but the turnaround sure appeared to be the result of someone finding the "on" switch on Masoli and a Hamilton attack plan. Many of the throws Masoli made were pinpoint darts and the receivers caught darned near everything thrown near them. The only game I can recall that was near this sort of miraculous was a Montreal Alouette game waaay back when Sonny Wade came off the bench after half-time and filled the air with footballs, erasing a huge deficit.

Edited by tracker

1 hour ago, tracker said:

A win in Edmonton is likely just a stay of execution for O'Shea. He has been poor enough as a head coach to warrant firing.

It could be one of those games where they release him regardless of a win or loss. They'll say something like a decision was made prior to the game and wanted to give him this last game.

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

It could be one of those games where they release him regardless of a win or loss. They'll say something like a decision was made prior to the game and wanted to give him this last game.

Sort of like offering a condemned man a cigarette before the firing squad takes aim.

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

So Masoli has one good game and people think he's great?  Have they not watched the other games he started where he completely stunk?  

After last nights performance, he shall be known henceforth as "The Great Masoli" and Rod Black shall be anointed as the one to regale us of his exploits forevermore......or at least until our ears bleed dry.

Is Masoli better than Nichols?

Is 2.6 out of 5 better than 2.5 out of 5?

Masoli had a better than average game last night, and was into the flow and ebb of the game...and measured game planning. That plan suited Masoli to a tee, and his receivers rescued a few throws, but I'm not going to take anything away from the guy who now holds a CFL record. His play was outstanding last night. 

But alas, it's still only one half of a game and his resume, like the other rookies who played this weekend, will have to be filled with more stellar play..over the course of many  games, against many more teams.

2 hours ago, tracker said:

A win in Edmonton is likely just a stay of execution for O'Shea. He has been poor enough as a head coach to warrant firing.

every win is a stay of execution for a head coach. Most coaches are only one half season away from getting fired in the cfl. Mos has been in that performance range his entire tenure here. This management groups seems to want to stick with him who knows for how long.

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

good to know lots of people here are bipolar when it comes to other teams as well... wasn't Masoli a bum when the Bombers beat him up a few weeks ago?... now he's the messiah?....

Masoli has been full value for his newfound respect- he has earned it with his performance against the Esks, Willy, not so much. Masoli has looked terrible in other games but he absolutely shone in his last game.

13 minutes ago, tracker said:

Masoli has been full value for his newfound respect- he has earned it with his performance against the Esks, Willy, not so much. Masoli has looked terrible in other games but he absolutely shone in his last game.

He might be good... but a bunch of bad to average performances followed by one very good game does not mean he's the next great CFL QB... I hope, for the sake of the league, that he does develop into a good QB and is starting somewhere next year... Tor, Mtl, here??

10 minutes ago, bearpants said:

He might be good... but a bunch of bad to average performances followed by one very good game does not mean he's the next great CFL QB... I hope, for the sake of the league, that he does develop into a good QB and is starting somewhere next year... Tor, Mtl, here??

I wouldn't break the bank for him just yet, either but that second half performance of his was stunning. And the Esk defence didn't just lay down and die. They were shredded.

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

Very good half. Just sayin...

Also if Reilly doesn't put up 450 yards of passing against us this week it will be a flat out miracle.

40 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Benevides stock is falling pretty hard...

I would agree to an extent, but the complete gutting of talent on that D is staggering. Grymes, Ojo, Foster, McCoil all gone. Would be tough for anyone to replace that many impact starters right away, not to mention install a new playbook.

That D line should be picking up more slack though. Good thing for them Thursday is not far away...