Tweet from Hajrullahu

Taynted_Fayth

In the 3 DI era, we never would have let him walk, but with 4 DIs and an opportunity to get the best American in the business, it's just the way it worked out.  I was hoping LH would be here for a couple decades but unfortunately not.  Funny that the increased distance on converts seemed to rattle his confidence and ultimately cause his downfall.  He will work hard and bounce back in a big way, I'm sure of that.

46 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Where's the apology for singlehandedly destroying our playoff chances in a year we hosted the Grey Cup? ;) 

Self-acknowledged "great player"s like Lirim don't need to apologize to anyone, they're too busy reading and believing their press clippings. ;)

From the Freep back in July 2015 FREEP

Hajrullahu points out there's another wrinkle making 32-yard converts challenging -- they are kicked from the centre of the field instead of one of the two hash marks.

Hajrullahu said it's rare to kick a field goal from between the hash marks -- he estimates 90 per cent of field goals are from one hash mark or the other. He said the placement of the ball on converts has been messing with his head more than it should have.

"There's a glitch obviously," he said. "But luckily it didn't affect the team in a serious way and I've been treating it as a learning experience and getting prepared to get back on my horse...

"But it's frustrating, just because those point-afters are supposed to be gimmes."

5 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Hajrullahu points out there's another wrinkle making 32-yard converts challenging -- they are kicked from the centre of the field instead of one of the two hash marks.

Hajrullahu said it's rare to kick a field goal from between the hash marks -- he estimates 90 per cent of field goals are from one hash mark or the other. He said the placement of the ball on converts has been messing with his head more than it should have.

"There's a glitch obviously," he said. "But luckily it didn't affect the team in a serious way and I've been treating it as a learning experience and getting prepared to get back on my horse...

"But it's frustrating, just because those point-afters are supposed to be gimmes."

This......but yeah., **** on the guy and be an ******* about it. That's fun...

8 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Are you kidding?  Did you just start watching football last year?  Converts have always been kicked from the middle of the field.  How are you not getting this?  The only difference is that it was moved back.

Edited by Atomic

59 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Are you kidding?  Did you just start watching football last year?  Converts have always been kicked from the middle of the field.  How are you not getting this?  The only difference is that it was moved back.

Honestly asking me that? SIUYA

Yes, extra points are kicked from the centre of the field, and have been for as long as I can recall. But they weren't kicked from 32 yards out. Typically, if a kicker was kicking from 32 yards out, they were doing it from the hashmarks. Now, with the rule changes, kickers are forced to kick the ball at a range they are almost always kicking at from the hashmarks. That's the whole point. He's not used to kicking 32 yarders from centre field, extra point or otherwise.

Edited by MOBomberFan
word

And it was basically just confusion on the new rule too.  They can place the ball on either hash or dead centre, he continued to struggle when placing them on a hash.

On actual FGs the ball is scrimmaged from where the previous play ended, could be anywhere on or between the hashes.  Kickers would have plenty of experience kicking from the centre of the field.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules